Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 248votes)

Senryuu Shoujo

Alt Names: alt 川柳少女alt Poetry Girlalt Senryu Girl
Author: Igarashi Masakuni
Artist: Igarashi Masakuni
Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaComedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yukishiro Nanako is a cute, cheerful high school girl with one peculiar trait – instead of verbal communication, she writes senryu (a type of haiku) poems to relay her thoughts. Together with ex-delinquent Busujima Eiji, they are budding freshmen of the school’s Literature Club.

Even though Nanako doesn’t talk, with the power of senryu, the adorable pair has no problem enjoying their fun school-life through the tune of 5-7-5 syllables.
Go to Senryuu Shoujo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

377 Comments

There's a problem with this chapter:

-Hiccups are silent if you don't contract your voice box.

-I have silent hiccups because of the above

-Mutes (though she isn't one) consequently won't make hiccup sounds.

There's a problem with your post:

- You don't read very well.

In the very first chapter, she explains that she communicates through writing because she has a hard time organizing her thoughts; This has no bearing on her ability to make any other sort of sound. (i.e. hiccups and laughter, both of which happen in the latest chapter)

Well, people normally don't use senryu as their default way of communication, so don't you think this kind of evens things out?

1pg3b2.jpg

Collage

Spoiler

Do it For her image based on that 

Spoiler

Sooner or later i'm gonna get diabetes from this shit faster than unhealthy lifestyle.

i love how they casually just declare their love for each other . I like this kind of obliviousness

So how many chapters before our ex delinquent notices Nanako's crush on him ,and the ship becomes official?.

Nanako Eiji

Feelings pure and sweet to see

Slowly but surely

So how many chapters before our ex delinquent notices Nanako's crush on him ,and the ship becomes official?.

How cute can they be

She is too pure for this world

Must I be 3D?

M Y,   M Y

...she has a delinquent-themed alarm app?  Can we take that as further confirmation of crush on her delinquent friend?

The girl keeps getting better and better lol

I need some insulin

So her favorite part of curry is onions, but in Ch 1 she doesn't like things with onions in them?

Collage

Spoiler

Diabetes here

Diabetes everywhere

Help help help help help

there.

This girl.... and these confessions too lol....

Diabetes is here

Diabetes is everywhere

Help help help help help

Spoiler

81f9cdbc93b0f51c15785b9c99f3b203.png

This is a tad concerning lolol

Diabetes is here

Diabetes is everywhere

Help help help help help

I wonder if "girls with quirks" can be considered a genre. Like Imouto wa Shishunki, Cyclops Shoujo Saipu and so on.

"Cute girls doing cute things" like K-On and Girls und Panzer should be genre for sure.

Nanako's expression after Eiji "massages" her shoulder is super cute.  This is a nice ship, definitely approved.

Been really impressed with the translation of the haikus, for the most part, they're almost always in 5-7-5 (the tenderloin line in Ch3 was a 6 syllable, a pity).  Can't be easy keeping the meaning while conforming to haiku format.

Pre-confession stories all reek of the same tropes to me. The same kinds of misunderstandings (do they have a BF/GF already? do they also like the MC? etc.) just kind of give me a headache after too much repetition.

Eh, it was all resolved in a single chapter instead of fifteen, so it's fine.

Also, president's Senryu was actually pretty good.

M Y,   M Y

Pre-confession stories all reek of the same tropes to me. The same kinds of misunderstandings (do they have a BF/GF already? do they also like the MC? etc.) just kind of give me a headache after too much repetition.

Probably because misunderstandings are my least favorite plot device, yet they're used to death in a lot of manga, and it makes me wonder if all of these characters have taken a few too many hits to the head.

OTOH, once the confession has happened and a relationship starts, that's when authors are free to go in just about any direction. Yeah, a certain type of tension is lost, but new tensions are always available in the form of "firsts."  First date, first fight, first make-up, etc. etc. (etc.! depending on the magazine.)

Because, if not, then it would end far too fast to earn any money to the author. Also, some people like post confession stories, some don't.

Like me, I dislike stories that continue after the couple gets together, many people also dislikes such stories.

I can understand that.  Some just want the ride to end at the highest point.  Nothing wrong with that.  I'm a big "and den?" kind of guy.  =)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics