Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.6 - 242votes)

Tensei Shitara Ken deshita

Alt Names: alt 転生したら剣でしたalt I Was a Sword When I Reincarnatedalt 전생했더니 검이었습니다alt Naging Espada Ako sa aking Pangalawang Buhayalt Sword Shishoalt Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita
Author: Tanaka Yu
Artist: Maruyama Tomowo
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasySeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A 30 year old man is struck by a car and dies. When he next awakens he has reincarnated as a magic sentient sword in a fantasy world. He eventually encounters an enslaved catgirl named Fran, whom he helps free, and together they set off for adventure.

-----
Original webcomic: http://denshi-birz.com/tenken/
Go to Tensei Shitara Ken deshita Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Tensei Shitara Kendeshita raw manga New Window YukitoOnline
  • 2 Replies
Topic Tensei Shitara Kendeshita LN New Window Nefrytone
  • 2 Replies

279 Comments

Was that a guy or a girl lolll.

Spoiler

Source: Needless

This is pretty unique a spider girl now a sword.  then I see the Tragedy tag....

I think that's referring to her backstory and introduction. So far the novel hasn't had anything truly tragic happen to any of the main characters. It's been dark at times, but is usually quickly resolved in a justice boner sort of way.

It's good that they rushed through the introductory chapters. Seeing a sword slice through OP monsters a bit novel, but nothing else.

With Fran involved, the main character becomes more likable as he has someone to fawn over and bond with. While you could argue that being the reincarnated soul of a Japanese 30 year old man is mostly meaningless to the story, it justifies his fatherly instinct that sapient swords in fiction never have (as far as I know). Usually, the bond they have with their wielder is simple camaderie, not parent-child.

Fran herself is quite the interesting deutagonist. She's a good enough character that story could have worked with her as the protagonist and the sword as the deutagonist. I prefer it as is though, since the sword is the one who instigates events due to his curiosity about the world while Fran's goal is more singular. It would also have less of a father doting on his daughter atmosphere, though a daughter being doted on by her father atmosphere would be interesting in its own way.

What is this, Chaos's back story?

Just don't let him meet Rance...

OP wise craking sentient swords always tend to be great partners for MCs in any fantasy setting, but now sword is the MC, and this guy gets a loli catgirl as his wielder.

Instafollowed.

The Novel is already progressing ahead than the manga, moreover the translations is the one takes time.  Yet, I am curious of the manga view perspective for the rest of the story. In fact, I just like and enjoy this story.

This is pretty unique a spider girl now a sword.  then I see the Tragedy tag....

What is this, Chaos's back story?

Is this me or someone push fast forward button too fast on this manga?

Isn't that a good thing?Less sword,more nekogirl.

If it has Tensei in it, I'll love it

It may be because the Web Novel is incredibly slow at first, he doesn't even meet Fran until chapter 12, everything before that apparently became the second chapter of the manga. I kind of hope the manga keeps this pace until when the WN seemed to find itself, which if it does I think it would be one or maybe two more chapters at this pace. 

Also Fran CUTE~!

Fran is clearly a she to me. 

it doesn't matter

you get a neko mc

RdzI9St.png

It's between this and a vending machine.

Boy or girl makes no difference to me. Moe is moe, and that's all that really matters! 

​Hard to find this manga because of misspelt title

​Tensei Shitara Kendeshita is wrong

Tensei Shitara Ken deshita

edit> I added it to alt name. Now shows up in search.

Oh, they're going in medias res for the manga, huh? Tasteful!

I'm loving the title drop they did at the end there as well, glad I got to see this novel become a manga!

The Reincarnation part is actually fine.  I mean if a Sword has a Soul then that Soul has to come from somewhere.  It didn't have to be a Reincarnation, but I'm okay with it because it seems to be mostly unobtrusive, and also, when combined with other unique Reincarnation stories like Spider Girl and Slime Dude, shows that the trope is legitimately Diversifying, which is good.

Honestly the part that annoys me the most is the Linking part.  I understand why it happened, the Author wanted to show that a Shitton of skills and abilities were basically downloaded into her head while also showing that she has become the Owner of the sword, and that there is a magical nature to that ownership.  But there are so many other ways it could have been handled better.

Frankly, using a Video Game UI in your Fantasy Story is a bad idea as far as I'm concerned, and its usually just a sign of Lazy Storytelling.  "Why bother showing that X has gained Y Skill when we could just have a UI Prompt pop up telling the reader that?"

If you wanted to do the 'massive power-level' scene better, show the recipient doubled over clutching their head, with a panel full of Martial Arts diagrams, poses, maybe rune circles if Magic Skills are involved, dozens, hundreds even of them overlayed so they're basically unreadable, and have that panel stabbing itself into the character's head.

But eh.  Hopefully the Game UI stupidity was a One Time Thing.

Equiping is only retarded part, sword being reincarnation of Japanese guy is pointless. It would be better if it was simple fantasy.

The equipping I assume is the MMO styled of being "Soul Bound" to a character. The Japanese guy isn't quite as pointless [due to his cooking is obviously affected by his Japanese Cooking]. At least from what I read from the Web Novel, the only time the Reincarnation comes into effect is really at the beginning, Pre-Fran but after that. It doesn't make much of a different. 

Thought it was gonna be another damn cliche "Isekai" story but this...
This is good
Im fine with this.

A Cat is fine too

Equiping is only retarded part, sword being reincarnation of Japanese guy is pointless. It would be better if it was simple fantasy.

lel last page ch1... saitama would be proud

Argh dammit,another of those stupid resurrected kind of boring stories which I am sick of......

...almost naked catgirl....

Followed.

To be fair, This is someone being reincarnated as a weapon and having a catgirl wielder.  Clearly This is a Win Win for everyone

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics