Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 399votes)

Taishou Otome Otogibanashi

Alt Names: alt 大正処女御伽話alt タイシャウヲトメおとぎばなしalt 타이 샤 오토메 동화/다이쇼시대 소녀 전래동화alt Taishou Wotome Otogibanashialt Сказка о девушке эпохи Тайсё
Author: Kirioka Sana
Artist: Kirioka Sana
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In this story set in the early 1920s, Tamahiko is the son of a wealthy family, but his life is changed forever when an accident cripples his right arm. No longer considered by his father as an heir, he is shuffled off into the country, to live out of sight. The teenage Tamahiko shuts himself in his new home, bitterly thinking of it as the place where he will die. One day, he learns that his father has 'bought' him a bride to take care of him, when the young teen girl named Yuzuki arrives at his door. She comes into his life like an innocent ray of sunshine, and Tamahiko's view of the world and his life starts changing bit-by-bit...
Go to Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic How much is the debt nowadays? New Window Ryoumiya
  • 1 Replies
Topic What is "botchan"? New Window truepurple
  • 8 Replies
Topic And this is just the beginning New Window jrandom42
  • 2 Replies

822 Comments

Don't worry kid, you'll have plenty of opportunities to die once the war rolls out.

thank you seaotterscans!

loli
yuri

liek this

Played-for-laughs yuri NTR route? siiiigh

lol at Ch 3

"For her age, Yuzuki sure is lacking curves. Her butt is nice I guess."

Hey man, that's where it counts the most.

This is not for the faint of heart.

Note, her family is of the lower class and essentially sold her to be a wife of some upper-class man, as was expected of people of her status and class during that specific time period. Doubt they would have the power/influence/wealth to adopt a cripple that society has deemed worthless

I guess what i was trying to say was her folks would probably be more helpful and understanding of him and not judge him solely on the misfortune he couldn't prevent. I get that "adoption" is not feasible, but I could see them lending a helping hand here and there if that ever came to pass.

Regardless, this manga is giving me too many feels... :)

this manga broke my personal record of insulin drank in 1 chapter

So many kyun moments!

"It's delicious, you know"

Oh I bet it is

So is the joke here going to be that the rest of the family dies in the wars and he inherits everything?

Its cute how you think inheritance works like that.

What with his father disowning him, i kind of expect her family to adopt him as their son, but given the time period and tradition and all, i doubt that would happen. But still, if her family is half as happy as she is, I can see them welcoming him into their fold.

Note, her family is of the lower class and essentially sold her to be a wife of some upper-class man, as was expected of people of her status and class during that specific time period. Doubt they would have the power/influence/wealth to adopt a cripple that society has deemed worthless

Sh*t its sad that he got kicked out. I also think its messed up to buy "Women" like that but I guess it can't be help since its a different Era and Women had no Rights. Give her freedom back and what she'll do i wonder? But I don't think she will leave. She's a good person. I wonder what the family is planning? Was buying her as his wife intentional or....?

Its a very backwards tradition of bride price I'm assuming, which is kind of selling off your daughter for an established set amount of money as re compensation for losing help around your own household.

Rather, both of the main characters are extremely lucky that the ones they found were actually nice people. On one hand he is a cripple, thus heavily disfavored by societal standards, on the other she is from a possible lower class and there was a risk that she would be abused by her husband. 

I doubt picking her was intentional, the father of Tamahiko basically bought him a wife as settlement. Its like sending the elderly to a shitty care home

Still they make a cute couple

What with his father disowning him, i kind of expect her family to adopt him as their son, but given the time period and tradition and all, i doubt that would happen. But still, if her family is half as happy as she is, I can see them welcoming him into their fold.

This chapter is just full of HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHHH

This is nice and light. Though I wouldn't mind if this turned into a revenge type manga where the MC vows to bring his father's company to the ground a lay waste to the lives of his family (not kill them but just ruin them beyond repair e.t.c). Though that's just me, but it's a nice fun manga either way.

How many times i torture myself with this kind of manga. I cant stop!
Heh, so glad I stumbled upon this manga. There are bitter moments but that only makes the sugar so much sweeter. ( ´ ▽ ` )

So is the joke here going to be that the rest of the family dies in the wars and he inherits everything?

Well, with his hand like that, he won't get drafted, so that's a good theory.

Also, I for one hope that what the Dad is really up to is and attempt to light a fire/ desire to live in his son.  Dads being that awful just suck.

What do you mean Happy ever after...8 to 10 yrs from then chinese war and  WW2 starts and it will be going downhill form there....

The father is really mean. Even if this was reverse psychology, it is still very mean. I hope Tamahiko has a happy life or his hand miraculously heals.

What do you mean Happy ever after...8 to 10 yrs from then chinese war and  WW2 starts and it will be going downhill form there....

True, but he's not capable of military service and they're living in the country where they're way less likely to be bombed.  Things might get a bit hungry but overall it'll probably pass them by much more than most people.

God dammit you guys... your discussions just remind me of

Grave of the Fireflies ...

True, but he's not capable of military service and they're living in the country where they're way less likely to be bombed.  Things might get a bit hungry but overall it'll probably pass them by much more than most people.

Eat the goddam ice cream you half-wit

Just... let them be happy ever after, that's everything that I want for this manga mmm...

• Cal likes this
God, this girl has him so wrapped around her finger that it's almost sickening. He needs to fuck her before he forgets where she's hidden his balls. Hell, she even has explicitly started treating him like a girl (and when she's not, she's literally just a mother)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics