Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.5 - 256votes)

Only Sense Online

Alt Names: alt オンリーセンス・オンラインalt O.S.Oalt Only Sense Onlinealt OSO
Author: Aloha Zachou
Artist: Hani Kuraun
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureFantasy FantasyGender Bender Gender BenderShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Utilizing a system called "Sense," each player aims to create their unique character in the VRMMORPG "Only Sense Online." Joining this realm is Yun, an absolute beginner in the world of gaming, equipped with some of the worst customized "Sense" ever. While his two sisters, both veterans in this world, criticize his choices of equipment, he continues to delve into the skill sets he has acquired. Along his way, he meets the art of "production" and people that have mastered this art. Watch as a total novice creates a revolution in the gaming world and create the "ultimate" support class.

https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_FS02000015010000_68/
Go to Only Sense Online Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The many many problems with the accelerated time bonus event camping arc. New Window truepurple
  • 9 Replies
Topic My translation efforts New Window overkillscans
  • 1 Replies
Topic Only Sense Online Light Novel Translations New Window junior1210
  • 3 Replies
Topic Only Sense Online Translated Raws New Window banisher
  • 5 Replies

548 Comments

I might be one of the few people who actually DOESN'T find it strange that they didn't know Hawk Eyes had targeting capabilities.  Even if you leveled it to 20, it doesn't mean you can utilize the targeting like Yun(an archer!) can. 

Spoiler

The users are obtuse. Hawk eyes gave night vision as well as targeting capability, which aren't hidden abilities.Despite there were lv 20+ Hawk eye users, the only thing they found was far sight.

It is just barely possible that every person who leveled Hawk Eyes to a high level is concealing the benefit just like Yun and Taku's party are, to preserve a seriously OP edge. But you'd think there would at least be rumors, right? :/

Spoiler

The reason why others don't see it as synergy is because the skills he picked have other more combat-oriented versions.

Hawk Eyes, while it has great synergy with Bow, falls short in comparison with Snake Eyes; another long-distance viewing ability with the added effect of being able to paralyze the enemies you see. If it wasn't for the other hidden abilities in Hawk Eyes, Snake Eyes would be an outright better ability.

The users are obtuse. Hawk eyes gave night vision as well as targeting capability, which aren't hidden abilities.
Despite there were lv 20+ Hawk eye users, the only thing they found was far sight.

The reason why the text outside the bubbles are not translated is because I can't read them. As you can see, the characters are almost like it's handwritten making it hard for me to recognize them. Even the simple の made me wonder at first. I can read it up to a point then guess the rest but I just thought that that would do you more of disservice than not translating it at all. That and I also got lazy when trying to do it, staring at took a lot more time than translating a single line!

If you need help with translating the small text, I wouldn't mind helping out. 

Here's chapter 3 with what I got out of the small text and my translation (WALL OF TEXT INCOMING):

Spoiler

I've written out the moonrunes Japanese text as well so you can see what I've based my translations on. Hope it helps!

It's like playing Oblivion and leveling only Alchemy, Security, Mercantile, Armorer and Speechcraft. And maybe Acrobatics.

You have little to no offense, you are only utility and your skills don't help in combat. In his case, half of his skills are crafting and his only offensive attack very beginner-unfriendly.

Well I look at all of the abilities he's chosen and I see them as "synergy combos from hell". Seriously.. Bow + "ability to see from long distance" ...how does that not make him terrifying? oh then add in the alchemy.. so he can make poisons and healing tonics... um if he can tip the arrows with poisons wouldn't that be devastating in terms of indirect combat ability? You have a sniper who can inflict you with a ton of status abnormalities while the melee just goes in to mop you up. I mean like you said. Not direct damage.. but, there are several games where buffs/ debuffs can easily turn a fight on it's head. I think i'll need to look into the LN for this because in depth story would be much better it looks like.

The reason why others don't see it as synergy is because the skills he picked have other more combat-oriented versions.

Hawk Eyes, while it has great synergy with Bow, falls short in comparison with Snake Eyes; another long-distance viewing ability with the added effect of being able to paralyze the enemies you see. If it wasn't for the other hidden abilities in Hawk Eyes, Snake Eyes would be an outright better ability. 

As for Alchemy and Bow, it's not as great a synergy as you think; for various spoiler-ish reasons. 

Spoiler

It's true that the abilities that Shun/Yun has picked has synergy. However, the main reason why he's still the weakest happens to be because he picked a bunch of Senses that are considered trash at the start. Bow has a horrible cost-to-performance ratio, forcing him to give up on combat early on just to make some money. Hawk Eyes doesn't provide anything helpful at the start, since it's a late bloomer kind of skill. Taming is effectively unusable, since he couldn't kill anything efficiently enough to get Taming to work, and given that he didn't know how to use it in the first place, thus eating a valuable Sense slot. Mixing, Synthesis, and Alchemy are all crafting-related skills, which are a bad idea to start with. Crafting always requires funds to start with, unless you can gather the materials yourself, and Shun/Yun, not being a Beta-Tester, has basically no funds at the start of the game. Combo that with Bow, and you see that he needs a massive amount of funds just to start with. 

Thanks to all of that, he starts the game much slower than the rest of the main cast. The majority of the main cast has Beta-Testing experience (and money), thus being able to do cheat stuff like Myu's high-speed Big Boar level-grinding or abusing Golem to level-grind. Furthermore, if you compare with the combat players, Yun is still considered weak, because he's not really a combatant; he's a crafter. Unlike the combatants who spend pretty much most of their online-game time grinding, Yun spends his time crafting/gathering. Compared to the crafters in the main cast, he's not even close to them in skill levels because he spends time gathering, while they just buy the materials from the combatants; something he couldn't do

Spoiler
because of money. 

The fact that he still manages to fill his niche even though he doesn't focus everything on it is already amazing enough. He's basically the epitome of an all-rounder. He's not a jack of all trades, master of none, even though he's not focusing on any one aspect of his skills. Shun/Yun is amazing.

Spoiler

Is the text outside boxes/bubbles not translated!? Can't you put the translations in the margins!? What kind of translation is this...

In consideration of the pace and apparent focus, I understand why the adaption chooses to cut what it does. It's not optimal, in my opinion; Yun's gender problems are a big part of his character. However, they are also the most repetitive dead end in the novel, as his protests change absolutely nothing. Since there's plenty of time for that nonsense later, I can appreciate why they want to focus on more interesting incidents early. After all, a manga has a much more limited time to grab an audience than a novel does. And if I want those missing conversations, I can always go reread the series on Krytyk's site. (I am, in fact, resisting the urge to do so immediately. Did I mention that I love this story? XD )

The reason why the text outside the bubbles are not translated is because I can't read them. As you can see, the characters are almost like it's handwritten making it hard for me to recognize them. Even the simple の made me wonder at first. I can read it up to a point then guess the rest but I just thought that that would do you more of disservice than not translating it at all. That and I also got lazy when trying to do it, staring at took a lot more time than translating a single line!

*sort of spoilers for the untranslated text*

Spoiler

As I'm writing this, maybe I really should have translated those. dammit. Well, might as well ask. Are you guys fine with me just guessing the kanjis I can't read? The light novel uses a different way to tell the story than the manga so I can't really check on those lines and say "oh so that's what that cursed character is really supposed to looked if written legibly"

Basically, it's missing a bunch of connecting conversations. :(

...That said, I'm still enjoying it...it's just...I wish it was more accurate (timetable and conversation-wise) to the LNs. =x

In consideration of the pace and apparent focus, I understand why the adaption chooses to cut what it does. It's not optimal, in my opinion; Yun's gender problems are a big part of his character. However, they are also the most repetitive dead end in the novel, as his protests change absolutely nothing. Since there's plenty of time for that nonsense later, I can appreciate why they want to focus on more interesting incidents early. After all, a manga has a much more limited time to grab an audience than a novel does.

And if I want those missing conversations, I can always go reread the series on Krytyk's site. (I am, in fact, resisting the urge to do so immediately. Did I mention that I love this story? XD )

Is the text outside boxes/bubbles not translated!? Can't you put the translations in the margins!? What kind of translation is this...

T_T  Magi... why did you lose so much cuteness? The outfit is the same but...I think her coloring just makes her seem bland, her hair and eyes don't stand out as much. Well, the same can be said for Yun, so... just have to get used to it I guess.

This is the TRUE MAGI!!! (stolen from LN pics on Krytyk's site)

Spoiler

And in color

Spoiler

technically this last pic has spoilers for her weapons/skills in it.

Spoiler
Someone go kidnap the LN artist Yukisan and make them draw the manga!

Wow, 3 scanlation groups in 3 chapters.

Wow, this manga is really glazing over a lot of the humorous bits and whatnot.

Some of the stuff it's glazing over/completely changing is in spoilers below:

Spoiler

Basically, it's missing a bunch of connecting conversations. :(

...That said, I'm still enjoying it...it's just...I wish it was more accurate (timetable and conversation-wise) to the LNs. =x

Skyrim's crafting stuffs is strong with this one.

I hate, how gender bending is immersely downplayed once again. He could at least try roleplaying or something. Oh, well, at least the approach is unique. Don't think, I've ever stumbled upon one so focused on crafting. I dislike and shun it as much as possible in games. But reading is way more fun somehow. Another great thing about it,  that there are no needless walls of texts like in Re:Monster.

Oh hey, a manga version!

I've read the LN up to v6 but i'll read this on my lunch anyway. XD

For those looking to read this here is my "what to expect" in a 3 sentences.

"Mostly slice of life and a bit of comedy.

Yun is mostly a crafter, and while she does get dragged into fights more often then not its not her main focus.

It's just really about Yun daily life playing an VRMMO."

Expect shenanigans, expect cute stuff, and expect alchemy.

PS, Yun x Taco OTP.

Enjoying the series cant wait for ch.3 reminds me alot of Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki with his initial skills taken.

well of the 2 I think OSO came before Toaru, but mostly it's the "ranged support" arch-type that rarely see's any screen time, but into the perspective of their respective authors.

where OSO is a genderbender with a nice balance of comedy and gaming action, toaru goes off on it's own path, sharing just the initial concept and some gaming conventions.

As for divisive comments of OSO... hmm, meh. Yun is justice :P as long as people consider that he was never originally a "gamer" then it should be more acceptable. yes, Yun never seems to head in the direction of becoming "the strongest" like a bunch of game-based stories like to do, however he is a capable, self-reliant person who chose his own path without prejudice and made it work. besides, he does the support thing very, VERY well in the LN in just the fact he can pretty much mesh with nearly any group. that is very high tier gamer skills BTW.

you ever try to just "mesh" in a large raid party as the only heal/support? from experience I tell you it isn't easy, not with everyone doing their own thing.

They really need a special category for these types of manga based around the main character(s) being inside a game(eg O.S.O) or having gaming like abilities(eg Re:Monster).

Call this new category either RPG or Gaming.

Go to Mangaupdates > Genre > Exclude Hentai and etc > use the following tags RPG, MMORPG, RLRPG, VRMMORPG, use separate or etc. > Go down to type and click Novel and then hit search.

More tags you can use are > Game of Death, Game Roles, Game Show, Game/s, Gamer/s, Gaming Addict/s

They really need a special category for these types of manga based around the main character(s) being inside a game(eg O.S.O) or having gaming like abilities(eg Re:Monster).

Call this new category either RPG or Gaming.

Enjoying the series cant wait for ch.3 reminds me alot of Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki with his initial skills taken.

Wow...I never expected opinions about this story to be so divisive. Personally, I find Shun/Yun to be a very interesting character. Not for how he plays the game, but for how his playstyle reveals his personality. Um, to start with a really important spoiler....
Spoiler

The other thing I would address right now is the gender bender issue. Shun tends to obsess a lot about actually being a man, to the point you wonder if he's in denial about something.
Spoiler

All of that said, I enjoy seeing Shun take the long road through the game, and equally enjoy the calm moments when he is just screwing around with his abilities, and the times when he gets roped into activities he's not actually interested in and still gives it his all. Setting the MC aside, all the supporting characters are fun, too.
TL;DR: I love this story, and recommend it.
Nice story, thanks for translate it!!

7 volumes in and he's still arguably the weakest member of the main cast in regards to direct combat, but he does fill his niche as a ranged support, crafter and "combat medic" quite well.

Well I look at all of the abilities he's chosen and I see them as "synergy combos from hell". Seriously.. Bow + "ability to see from long distance" ...how does that not make him terrifying? oh then add in the alchemy.. so he can make poisons and healing tonics... um if he can tip the arrows with poisons wouldn't that be devastating in terms of indirect combat ability? You have a sniper who can inflict you with a ton of status abnormalities while the melee just goes in to mop you up. I mean like you said. Not direct damage.. but, there are several games where buffs/ debuffs can easily turn a fight on it's head. I think i'll need to look into the LN for this because in depth story would be much better it looks like.

Magi best girl.

"It's a machine recognition mistake!"

*makes a perfect tsundere pose*

-  - I believe it's a VERY good recognition machine.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics