Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.46 - 237votes)

3D Kanojo

Alt Names: alt 3D Girlfriendalt 3D 여자친구alt 3D φιλενάδαalt 3D彼女alt Real Girl
Author: Nanami Mao
Artist: Nanami Mao
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tsutsui Hikari is an otaku, and he mostly avoids social life. Hikari has only one friend at school, who is also a social misfit, and he is mocked brutally by most of his classmates for being creepy and weird. One day, he ends up having to clean the school pool with Igarashi Iroha, who appears to be pretty much everything he hates in real-life girls. She skips school, has a blunt manner, doesn't have female friends, and seems the sort to be promiscuous. However, she is friendly to Hikari, and even stands up to the people who make fun of him. Hikari's bitterness and trust issues lead him to say pretty harsh things to Iroha, but she never dismisses him as creepy. After a while, it starts to look like Iroha may become his first real-life, 3D girlfriend! Will he be able to handle it?
Go to 3D Kanojo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Time Skip question New Window KINT43E
  • 1 Replies

488 Comments

He must have learned the art of disguise from the Assassins.

Dem plot twist.

I think Tsuntsun's catchphrase is "eh"
Lol ch2 ending was definitely not n my expectation even though I saw a plot twist coming

lmao that was like a slap to the face

Plot twist and cliff-hanger combo??!!

Goddammit!!

This is intense...Really really awesome...

Is this really shoujo? I'd say it's more shounen romance :o

Interesting. I like how the MC actually has the balls to stand up for the girl he likes (though he wasn't aware of his feelings yet then) despite looking weak. Not like other male leads who are waaaay too indecisive and passive. 

You wanna know what the girl really is like? You go and stalk them like Hikari then follow it up by a spectacular knight in shining armor moment!

Why do I think that her feelings are kinda... shallow? It didn't look that intense.

AND THAT ENDING. WHY???? ))))))):

Dem feelssssss......

More "Eh?" to be said...

Do want more. =D

Looks good.  I'll follow it for now.

THIS! You see this man? He's the real deal ! Not just your ordinary kimo otaku , he actually has the ball of steel! 

This is one of the few good reads I had in the shoujo genre. Not to say that the genre only produces bad manga, every manga has it's own audience and I respect that. Yet I think that this manga shows a daring, yet casual side which tends to be rather unusual for shoujo manga in general. I hope there is more where that came from.

If you're interested, then I would suggest these two 'unusual' shoujos for you:

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/akagami-no-shirayukihime-r999 and

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/torikagosou-no-kyou-mo-nemutai-juunintachi-r234

This is one of the few good reads I had in the shoujo genre. Not to say that the genre only produces bad manga, every manga has it's own audience and I respect that. Yet I think that this manga shows a daring, yet casual side which tends to be rather unusual for shoujo manga in general. I hope there is more where that came from.

just finish reading this chapter.

Start plot is good, lets see how this goes..

Best to just wait for adulthood, and ideally some level of financial capability by which to deal with the occasional consequences. Especially unexpected pregnancy and STDs. That shit sucks.

Then there's no reason why they can't enjoy protected buttsex lol. Let's champion a new movement. Anyway, there are a lot of things people take too lightly that are even more devastating than sex. Driving, for example. I think you're just a bit uptight lol.

Anyway, I quite like the heroine. Weird, blunt people are always quite interesting.

for a seinen lover i sure do follow a lot of shoujo manga lately 

Reaalllly looking forward to reading more of this, as long as Tsutsun stays the narrator. Though I guess she would be pretty cool too, they're both interesting. I'm just worried that this will take a downturn in quality as it goes on.

Regardless, I'll be watching this.

I really don't know how to react to this. I just hope it stays good.

Just finished reading Sundome and when the girl said medical examination i immediately assumed she's sick lol

But again, the fact that this is labeled as shoujo aside, considering the title of "3D Kanojo"  who do you guys think is the actual target audience of this manga?  Guys or girls?

Well, I'm a guy, but I can certainly say that, from a girl's POV, it'd be really interesting seeing a manga about a guy's thoughts about life/society and love and his 'evolution of personality' (maturing?). So yeah, its for girls.

But again, the fact that this is labeled as shoujo aside, considering the title of "3D Kanojo"  who do you guys think is the actual target audience of this manga?  Guys or girls?

It's hard to come to anything conclusive by the first chapter alone, but thematically, I feel this is targeted towards women more so than men because of its emphasis (at least initially) on character based, emotional drama, the art, and the way it's approaching romance.

Kids these days (oh god, I'm already old) are a little too flippant about sex. They don't tend to appreciate the seriousness of it. Sex with the wrong person, or at the wrong time, can mess up their lives more than they could ever comprehend.

I'm not sure how old you are, but it's been like this since the 60's...and depending on how far back you want to go (do you want to go back to the time when a woman's only choice in life was pretty much a wife or a prostitute?), you can argue it's been like this since the beginning of modern civilization (if not earlier).

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but this isn't a new thing.

Kids these days (oh god, I'm already old) are a little too flippant about sex. They don't tend to appreciate the seriousness of it. Sex with the wrong person, or at the wrong time, can mess up their lives more than they could ever comprehend.

Best to just wait for adulthood, and ideally some level of financial capability by which to deal with the occasional consequences. Especially unexpected pregnancy and STDs. That shit sucks.

Not that my little internet rant in the comments section of a scanlated manga is likely to have any effect on anyone.

No, you're completely right.  Being in my late 20's I watched a lot of my friends halt their lives entirely because of children they weren't ready for.  College degrees they couldn't finish.  Jobs they couldn't take because of work hours they could no longer keep up with.  Traveling they could no longer afford.  I'm not saying relationships and children aren't a beautiful thing.  But there's no reason to rush.  No harm in living a little first.

But this is probably not the venue to have this kind of heavy discussion, as you said.  

-------------------

Getting back to the manga, I'm pleasantly surprised that this is a shoujo manga with a male lead like this.  That is, if it had a female lead, I figured he'd be the stereotypical "Cool" and "Mysterious" boy instead of a human being that can be identified with as having faults.  The art style is clearly shoujo, so of course it's not like he's ugly, and I bet if they did something to his hair it's going to be a huge discovery for everyone involved that he's not all that bad looking.  

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics