Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 257votes)

Suki x Suki

Alt Names: alt 好き×透きalt 喜欢x透明alt 좋아×빈틈
Author: Hibaru Shunsuke
Artist: Hibaru Shunsuke
Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaComedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Touka Aizuki is a girl who can turn invisible, and no one can see her except for one person, Ryoutarou Mimori.
Even though she is physically invisible, her love is completely visible!
Go to Suki x Suki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Why Mimori can see Aizuki? New Window jwillie4
  • 6 Replies
Topic Could anyone pick up this series? New Window Uiere
  • 0 Replies

427 Comments

Is that just me or

Spoiler

It’s a cultural difference, you twats, not something meant to demean the readership. You find this kind of explanatory commentary from the off from shounen to seinen. Anyway ...

“Aw shit, I got a boner.”

lol wut

Who talks like that?

Wait, not only is she invisible, but no one can hear her?

Wow shes so weird its funny lol

Agreed. I just happen to think that dedicating a 'a couple of panels and bubbles'(as far too many manga do) to explain character motivations through either narration or thought-bubble spam is demeaning or at the very least a lazy approach to storytelling. The thought 'Why can nobody see her?" combined with how he is drawn on the last page is more than enough to clue anyone reading in that he is confused by the lack of reaction from his classmates to the nympho beside him and, understandably, that he is pretty goddamn scared/disturbed. The mangaka opted to explain this in a more tactful way than shoehorning a few panels in and using them to outright state it, as he/she easily could have considering how nauseatingly common these "the reader must be an impatient idiot"  expositions are in manga. Both methods work, the latter is just a half-arsed and inferior way to 'present the explanation'.

Also:

Spoiler

meh personally i like the way he did it, its true it could have been a more gradual hinting kinda thing, but i think this has more punch, like a punchline should... which is honestly what this is

It seems like it will be another gem to follow up!

Explanations aren't an inherently demeaning thing to offer to viewers or readers, it's the way in which they're presented.

Agreed. I just happen to think that dedicating a 'a couple of panels and bubbles'(as far too many manga do) to explain character motivations through either narration or thought-bubble spam is demeaning or at the very least a lazy approach to storytelling. The thought 'Why can nobody see her?" combined with how he is drawn on the last page is more than enough to clue anyone reading in that he is confused by the lack of reaction from his classmates to the nympho beside him and, understandably, that he is pretty goddamn scared/disturbed. The mangaka opted to explain this in a more tactful way than shoehorning a few panels in and using them to outright state it, as he/she easily could have considering how nauseatingly common these "the reader must be an impatient idiot"  expositions are in manga. Both methods work, the latter is just a half-arsed and inferior way to 'present the explanation'.

Also:

Spoiler

Ah yes because having every character motivation and action spoon-fed to the reader is 10/10 writing. Gotta leave no room for speculation or attempting to understand the characters, just spell it all out clearly for those poor, idiotic readers.

Manga in general has an awful trend of over-explaining basic actions and events as soon as they happen. It's a good thing that the first chapter wasn't an infodump.

Who said it has to be an infodump?  It's an easy thing to just address quickly, so just spend a couple of panels and bubbles explaining why he doesn't mention he can see her. I don't think anyone not being contrarian would complain about that. Explanations aren't an inherently demeaning thing to offer to viewers or readers, it's the way in which they're presented.

Maybe if the next chapter starts going into scientific detail about how she turned invisible I'd start complaining about over-explaining.

I'm not asking how it happened, just why it isn't in the manga. I can also imagine reasons for him to not act when he sees her, but those things should be in the manga as well, not just in the head of the readers.

Ah yes because having every character motivation and action spoon-fed to the reader is 10/10 writing. Gotta leave no room for speculation or attempting to understand the characters, just spell it all out clearly for those poor, idiotic readers.

Manga in general has an awful trend of over-explaining basic actions and events as soon as they happen. It's a good thing that the first chapter wasn't an infodump.

I'm not asking how it happened, just why it isn't in the manga. I can also imagine reasons for him to not act when he sees her, but those things should be in the manga as well, not just in the head of the readers.

We can imagine the whole plot just by reading the description. its the mangaka job to present it.

... I don't know why I'm seeing more and more of this kind of impatient behaviour nowadays, it seems younger generation have tendency to demand everything to be resolved in a single episode/chapter.

And they demands everything to be explained from A-Z without any shred of imagination from the audience.

It's clear that almost more than half of the chapter is dedicated to the female MC's point of view so it's no wonder that everything seems convenient for her as she ignored his reaction toward her action peeping on her friend's panties. The joke this chapter is the biased view from the female MC that she think she's invisible to everyone while actually the male MC can see her, and the author clearly tried to make the readers thinks like that too, while some more perceptive readers can see the hints on the reveal that he actually can see her.

This first chapter was great. I was afraid it'd be just like the one-shot, thus taking away a lot of opportunity for plot development or comedy. Thankfully, the first chapter starts out at the real beginning. Yay! Good author!

This first chapter is lacking. it didn't explain how he realized she was invisible to everyone else, nor why didn't he say something when he first saw her actions. It's not like itss hard to imagine, but still i'd like if it was explained within the pages.

hopefully next chapter.

Probably will.  I'd assume the first chapter is her perspective and the next is his.

Umm. Her family didn't see her... and as to why he didn't say anything, he thinks she hates him so he doesn't talk to her as to not provoke her anger anymore.

Seriously does an author have to make an infodump on everything?

We can imagine the whole plot just by reading the description. its the mangaka job to present it.

This first chapter is lacking. it didn't explain how he realized she was invisible to everyone else, nor why didn't he say something when he first saw her actions. It's not like itss hard to imagine, but still i'd like if it was explained within the pages.

hopefully next chapter.

Because she was acting like a maniac and no one did bat an eye and he have a brain who can apply simple logic to the world around him.

Seriously does an author have to make an infodump on everything?

Possible Yandere Gold

hopefully next chapter.

other than what abedeus said, he did react to her action when she peek her classmate panties by slamming his table. 

Probably a bit disquieting to find out that the girl's true feelings are closer to a mind broken girl from a hentai. Is this even gap moe? It's more like chasm moe now XD

Unfollow I don't like MC design in serialized, oneshot design is better.

hopefully next chapter.

Umm. Her family didn't see her... and as to why he didn't say anything, he thinks she hates him so he doesn't talk to her as to not provoke her anger anymore.

hopefully next chapter.

I liked the guy perspective, it was fresh to see an aware mc. But I guess from the author perspective you can only write so much with the guy defending his poker face. The interest factor dropped a bit with the serialisation ver. Still following tho.

For all we know future chapters might bounce between the two, for best comedic effect.

She is too preoccupied with her love so that she doesn't find her own situation scary at all, her adaptability is damn good lol

I liked the guy perspective, it was fresh to see an aware mc. But I guess from the author perspective you can only write so much with the guy defending his poker face. The interest factor dropped a bit with the serialisation ver. Still following tho.
I kinda like the old Ryoutarou better, but this is still fantastic.

Spoiler

Poker face like a boss.

Whoa, you're right, this guy must be related to Satou one way or another, definitely!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics