Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.5 - 256votes)

Only Sense Online

Alt Names: alt オンリーセンス・オンラインalt O.S.Oalt Only Sense Onlinealt OSO
Author: Aloha Zachou
Artist: Hani Kuraun
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureFantasy FantasyGender Bender Gender BenderShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Utilizing a system called "Sense," each player aims to create their unique character in the VRMMORPG "Only Sense Online." Joining this realm is Yun, an absolute beginner in the world of gaming, equipped with some of the worst customized "Sense" ever. While his two sisters, both veterans in this world, criticize his choices of equipment, he continues to delve into the skill sets he has acquired. Along his way, he meets the art of "production" and people that have mastered this art. Watch as a total novice creates a revolution in the gaming world and create the "ultimate" support class.

https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_FS02000015010000_68/
Go to Only Sense Online Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The many many problems with the accelerated time bonus event camping arc. New Window truepurple
  • 9 Replies
Topic My translation efforts New Window overkillscans
  • 1 Replies
Topic Only Sense Online Light Novel Translations New Window junior1210
  • 3 Replies
Topic Only Sense Online Translated Raws New Window banisher
  • 5 Replies

548 Comments

Depends. In this game, it was considered to be too much hassle to get those jobs because they didn't increase your battle potential while often costing more money than they could make.

Imagine if the Alchemist in Ragnarok Online had no offensive abilities and you played on the official server without anyone to support you or boost you. It's a good class once you have some other character to get money or a guild to help you level up, but solo and early in the server's launch with no stable economy? No thanks.

I could, but reality shows me a different arse. CC treating hardDEF as soft, AB doing ridiculous damage proportionate to target vit, Crazy Vines deals damage, prevents AoEs and strips all current ground target skills, Sera Homunculus S and its retarded painkiller skill, able to make +20 stat foods and deals decent damage with minimal gear investment compared to a pure DB RK? Gens have it all derp...

Yun makes money because shes playing.

Yun doesn't make any money, she in the "anti-RMT" club.

Reminds me a bit of the start of LMS.

Nah, Weed started to play in order to make money, but Yun makes money because shes playing. The order is reversed.

Though I guess the money and game aspect combined is what you mean by reminded, not the specifics.

From the first CP, it feel like Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/toaru-ossan-no-vrmmo-katsudouki-r12453

Reminds me a bit of the start of LMS.

awwww no yun-taku shipping...the girls were supposed to react to the ring yun wore

I dont really get whats so bad about her/his job though. seems like a typical alchemist job, and as far as i recall from the mmorpgs i played, those usually make solid to great characters.

Depends. In this game, it was considered to be too much hassle to get those jobs because they didn't increase your battle potential while often costing more money than they could make.

Imagine if the Alchemist in Ragnarok Online had no offensive abilities and you played on the official server without anyone to support you or boost you. It's a good class once you have some other character to get money or a guild to help you level up, but solo and early in the server's launch with no stable economy? No thanks.

I dont really get whats so bad about her/his job though. seems like a typical alchemist job, and as far as i recall from the mmorpgs i played, those usually make solid to great characters.

Basically the early game is not too hard and the beta test was short. So all the metagame talk is based on the early game, with people assuming relative power levels would remain the same later on. And Yun picked a lot of skills that perform poorly early on.

Plus, crafting requires a lot of effort. The manga glosses over the time investment, but Yun didn't just gather some herbs and press a button - he had to carry out every step of the creation. And he has to for every new thing he makes, sometimes experimenting for hours. A finished recipe can be instantly produced with materials and mana, but even that takes time if you're making a lot. Yun gets a lot of mileage out of consumables, but he has to put way more prep time in than Myu, Taku, or Sei.

There's a lot to analyze about the game design choices behind OSO (setting aside that it's a story instead of a real game), and the kind of attitudes and expectations of the player base. But without getting too deeply into it, most players are coming to OSO expecting a modern "theme park" style MMO with the meta focused around finding the best builds for any role; while Yun is after a sandbox MMO where he seeks fun in unexpected places. Both types of players are finding what they want, but they don't quite get the other's perspective so they end up talking past each other.

This story could use with more spotlight on the gender-bender aspect.

Before quest.. " I'll need a big amount of potions to survive the quest, might share some for the party too.."
Ended up buying 200x HP Potions..
5 secs after entering quest area.. "Oh hey, let's try how far i can make without potions.."
In-quest.. "Ugh, my hp is low! But we have a healer in our team!". Get healed by a priest.
Post-quest.. "....... These potions are useless.."
Repeat..

They are good in pvp tough, since enemy players will target the healer before anything.

Before quest.. " I'll need a big amount of potions to survive the quest, might share some for the party too.."

Ended up buying 200x HP Potions..

5 secs after entering quest area.. "Oh hey, let's try how far i can make without potions.."

In-quest.. "Ugh, my hp is low! But we have a healer in our team!". Get healed by a priest.

Post-quest.. "....... These potions are useless.."

Repeat..

basically its one of those jobs that you need to put a LOT of work to get a profit.

In this time were they only just started the game, store potions are still going to be great and auxiliary jobs like alchemist isn't needed much but a true gamer knows that those are good for end game.

>Call Cooking a trash sense

Little does he knows...

*dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn*

Dear god i forgot how annoying Myu was 

thanks for release... :D now missing 9 chapters more for catch up the manga.. Ganbate!

I feel the urge to play a RPG... Fantasy Life, wait for me~
Thanks for the chapter, kitten & overkill!!

I was planning to read this LN either way

It's pretty good. I read it at http://krytykal.org/only-sense/. Our MC never really becomes OP, just sought after due to their odd choice of crafting skills that are in limited supply and willingness to spend resources on throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks via experimenting out of combat, and his support skills/magic in combat.

I hope some male character appears and want to delevop some romantic relationship with Jun...

Thanks for translating this! More please!

I was planning to read this LN either way

On that panel Yun was so shocked, that he forgot how to speak English. Give the poor guy a break.

Wouldn't Myu's reaction on that very same page be more fitting? It even has the : P emoji.

On the 'punchline' page, it should be 'you were' not 'you was'

On that panel Yun was so shocked, that he forgot how to speak English. Give the poor guy a break.

nFQsbLR.jpg

iCh9UJ9.jpg

On the 'punchline' page, it should be 'you were' not 'you was'

Hello! I've posted a draft of my translation for chapter 4 over at my blog at overkillscans.wordpress.com

The users are obtuse. Hawk eyes gave night vision as well as targeting capability, which aren't hidden abilities.
Despite there were lv 20+ Hawk eye users, the only thing they found was far sight.

Not obtuse. Remember at the time the MC started playing, beta had just finished and beta only went for @ 2 months. There's no way they would find all the various combos and set ups in that short a time in a game as complex as OSO. I'd imagine that there are a lot of other details that are being discovered at the same time as the MC is learning Hawk Eyes, we just don't hear about it. If you read the LN vol. 7, you get a couple of perfect examples of this. The only areas that are really well known are the most common ones. This is also obvious with the potions. Agriculture was known in beta as well as alchemy. Nobody figured out how to make seeds and plant them to get potions.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics