Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 399votes)

Taishou Otome Otogibanashi

Alt Names: alt 大正処女御伽話alt タイシャウヲトメおとぎばなしalt 타이 샤 오토메 동화/다이쇼시대 소녀 전래동화alt Taishou Wotome Otogibanashialt Сказка о девушке эпохи Тайсё
Author: Kirioka Sana
Artist: Kirioka Sana
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In this story set in the early 1920s, Tamahiko is the son of a wealthy family, but his life is changed forever when an accident cripples his right arm. No longer considered by his father as an heir, he is shuffled off into the country, to live out of sight. The teenage Tamahiko shuts himself in his new home, bitterly thinking of it as the place where he will die. One day, he learns that his father has 'bought' him a bride to take care of him, when the young teen girl named Yuzuki arrives at his door. She comes into his life like an innocent ray of sunshine, and Tamahiko's view of the world and his life starts changing bit-by-bit...
Go to Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic How much is the debt nowadays? New Window Ryoumiya
  • 1 Replies
Topic What is "botchan"? New Window truepurple
  • 8 Replies
Topic And this is just the beginning New Window jrandom42
  • 2 Replies

822 Comments

Predictions on new character: cousin, another sister, his father's friend's daughter. doubt it's someone he doesn't know

Could also be his former "betrothed" chosen by his parents before he had that accident which made him unsuitable to become the heir, resulting in the cancelation of the trothplight/affiance.

After all, it wasn't uncommon for the wealthy families to create buisness ties with other families by arranged marriages, and setting up affiances way before coming of age, sometimes even before or shortly after the children were born.

A "thieving cat" in Japanese soap operas is a woman who has an affair with a married man. This should be good.

Book: 70 sen = 0.70 yen

From interwebs:
= $0.35 (1922 USD) = $4.70 (2016 USD)

Talk about a bargain!
Spoiler
God damn seeing Tamahiko so happy when he finally had someone celebrate his birthday just makes my day.

already hating that "cat girl" 

That's what they said about the sister, too.

already hating that "cat girl" 

Another sister? Or...

Who dis

Yuzuki is just so cute and adorable! ( > . < )

Yuzuki has the best happy faces.

At the second i saw the trespassing girl, i suddenly got urge to throw salt at her

Predictions on new character: cousin, another sister, his father's friend's daughter. doubt it's someone he doesn't know

Awww yesss, it's back. Not that it was gone for long. Aaaand here we get another obnoxius character, here's hoping she'll turn out like imouto.

At least, being in a rural place, he's less likely to be suffer from the great fires, unless Yuzu happens to be cooking when the earthquake strikes at 11:58 AM on September 1st.

...And guess who has his birthday on September 1st?  His next birthday is sure to be memorable (if the series lasts that long).

This is a gem of a manga. So glad I came across this.

So sweet, so innocent. That is how I imagine love is :3

Thank you random button for blessing me.

When the sister was introduced, I thought she was just disposable trash, but after the last chapter I feel like she is still disposable trash. Dunno why people are liking her.

Although I obviously ship tamahiko with yuzuki...

Tamako waifu-power is over nine thousand!

And so...

In a far far away galaxy... I hope we have something like Tatsuya x Miyuki

• Ada likes this

Thanks for the historical context, but just as WW2 in Europe has its origins long before the outbreak of fighting in 1938, the war in the Pacific also has origins in Japan's imperialism.  What immediately comes to mind are the invasions on Manchuria and Occupation Korea.

True, but in the context of the discussion, Tamahiko's family can't be directly harmed by the invasion of Manchuria and Korea, unless the big brother gets drafted and dies in an operation overseas.  But considering how the father's a magnate, it's likely that they can just dodge the draft by making a large donation to the Imperial army — or at least land the big brother a cushy job as a general's secretary or some sort of back-lines bureaucrat.

Chocolate Chip mentioned instead the Great Kantou Earthquake, which will happen the following year and can directly harm or kill the father or the brother; but the Great Earthquake caused destruction as far as Chiba, as well, and Tamahiko might feel some of those effects, too. Since they're on a mountain, there might be rockslides.

At least, being in a rural place, he's less likely to be suffer from the great fires, unless Yuzu happens to be cooking when the earthquake strikes at 11:58 AM on September 1st.

>Saw this while at work

>Nothing to do

>Remembered I read chap 1 a long time ago 

>Starts reading from chap 2 (coz I still remember chap 1) onwards

>Tons of feelsy moments

It's not an exaggeration to say that I had to do my best to hide my tears from my coworkers. This manga's a beauty in its own form. I just wish we get TLs more often :'D

I love that the father is so detested that people are semi-looking forwards to a catastrophe just to spite him. It is impressive in its own strange way.

Um. 1922. The first world war ended in november 1918.
I don't think it's going to start up again during the story.

Yeah I know, somehow I misread the time the manga was set in and thought it was somewhere around 1910-1920. Funnily enough the comment right below yours mentions this.

Sister went from 0 to best girl in a matter of 2 chapters

And yet another victim of adorabludgeoning has been added to the count.... XD

Why is everyone thinking Tamahiko's dad needs to wait for WWII to get his comeuppance? The Great Kanto Earthquake is just a year away.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics