Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.12 - 249votes)

Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou!

Alt Names: alt ผมเนี่ยนะ...ชายแปด!alt 八男って、それはないでしょう!alt Eighth son, I don’t think so!alt Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou!
Author: Y.a
Artist: Kusumoto Hiroki
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ichinomiya Shingo, a young 25 years old, single, worker of firm company while thinking of tomorrow' busy working day goes to sleep. However the moment he woke up, it's a room unknown to him. He then learn that he is inside a 6 years-old boy and is taking over his mind. He then learn a lot from the memories of the said boy: he was born as the youngest child (8th son and 10th child) of poor noble family living in back country. Having no administrative skill, he can't do anything to manage the vast land his family has. Fortunately, he is blessed with a very rare talent, talent of magic. Unfortunately, while his talent could bring prosperity to his family, in his situation it only brought disaster. Yes, this is the story of the boy, Wendelin Von Benno Baumeister, opening his own path in a harsh world.

adapted from the web novel series of the same name
RAW: http://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF00000009010000_68/
Go to Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Web Novel translation New Window Starbuck
  • 0 Replies

309 Comments

Wait, so his master was an orphan who became and adventurer and died on his first big job, right?

That adventuring gig must be something else, to be able to afford a mansion and golems on little jobs alone.

No, he was a well known adventurer for a while. Eventually he became the personal mage of the Marquis family there due to his fame as an adventurer. Then the Marquis sent off that big expedition which he was of course part of that got him killed.

Wait, so his master was an orphan who became and adventurer and died on his first big job, right?

That adventuring gig must be something else, to be able to afford a mansion and golems on little jobs alone.

if the manga follow the source material faithfully(WN), this will be one of those rare genuine harem when the mc IN RELATIONSHIP with several heroines.

The source material is the Light Novel not the WN

sometimes the LN can be pretty different from the WN (Konjiki no wordmaster is one of those cases)

Well, I'm sure that's not the first time they were chased by something "rock hard".

first time on grounds, first time sleeping over and his friends already managed to wreck the place. this is a bit annoying.

Spoiler

Spoiler

if the manga follow the source material faithfully(WN), this will be one of those rare genuine harem when the mc IN RELATIONSHIP with several heroines.

Spoiler

"Touma like bad luck"

Tells you everything you need to know about the audience.

this guy is playing on super easy mode. by the time he reincarnated he already on new game+ mode because his knowledge from old world but now with all the inheritance he got it feels like he was playing on new game++ with almost everything provided to him. I remember that his life goal is to obtain money to gain independence. but, what is there he needs to look for now? 

Spoiler

He got a freaking

Spoiler
now too. X)

this guy is playing on super easy mode. by the time he reincarnated he already on new game+ mode because his knowledge from old world but now with all the inheritance he got it feels like he was playing on new game++ with almost everything provided to him. I remember that his life goal is to obtain money to gain independence. but, what is there he needs to look for now? 

Seeing the actual Burkhart image makes me laugh even more on the Pink Hippocampus side story on the LN HAHAHAHA

it'd be good if One Time Scans were to use the same naming as the web novel translation : they have a more "realist" (ie: germanic) to it

my only big criticism of this story is that the author has absolutely no sense of proportions when it comes to monetary rewards and medieval/fantasy country's economy

in chapter 5 : Wendelin gets 20% of a 50 platinum coin reward, Alfred's bank deposit and mansion (whose "staff" is worth 10x more)

to put things in perspective a Knight Household gets a yearly allowance of 1 gold per annum (excluding their own private revenue)

and platinum (white gold) is supposed to be an exceedingly rare metal to mine (actually it mostly all comes from ancient civilisation ruins and artefacts)

Spoiler

Better plot summary: The protagonist is reincarnated as a noble scion with an incredible talent for magic.

However, he will never be strong enough to defeat the various social troubles that come with his specific position in the noble hierarchy, or the ones that come from being recognized as being strong. 

He can only become strong enough to acquire more social troubles.

The only time he could've gotten out of it all was at the very beginning, before his strength was recognized.

nyahahahaha~

the mens seem useless this chapter XD

I'm on board with this story. We have our MC actually having to be trained to use that magic of his instead of figuring it out on his own (despite being reincarnated and older than he looks), plus he apparently still has enough of a mind to not advertise his abilities too much. Good, good.

Also I can't wait to see the other 9 siblings for our boy Wendelin. I wonder if they will have any major impact in the story. You never know with these light novel adaptations.

Unfortunately, you won't see much of his siblings.  Remember, not only he's away from his birth town, his older brothers (who aren't the eldest) are also need find jobs in other town/village.  So they are scattered everywhere

Spoiler

I'm on board with this story. We have our MC actually having to be trained to use that magic of his instead of figuring it out on his own (despite being reincarnated and older than he looks), plus he apparently still has enough of a mind to not advertise his abilities too much. Good, good.

Also I can't wait to see the other 9 siblings for our boy Wendelin. I wonder if they will have any major impact in the story. You never know with these light novel adaptations.

My apology then for misunderstanding your words. I thought when you said the name being weird because it's uncommon that anime use german-like names..

Well, i thought at first that it was some kind of a marriage between the Benno family and the Baumeister, so their son's name is von Benno-Baumeister, like the Julich-Berg but i think your theory of it being the middle name make more sense..

That wasn't my intention, but my initial statement was a bit too short. It was probably very easy to misunderstand, so there's no need to apologize.

You're right, in that case the "von" placement would make a lot more sense. In the end it's not very important which version it is^^

someone just got robbed >.</

Seriously though, since I'm reading Maou no HajimekataI've been corrupted and now whenever I read manga like Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! I've become "imaginative" and think things like an overlord magician is going to NTR the guys of their heroines in a party.

Well you just subscribed to NTR squad with your mind. xD (NTR is bad or you are "drunk")

I think you should just think it can not happen to shounen manga.

Seriously though, since I'm reading Maou no HajimekataI've been corrupted and now whenever I read manga like Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! I've become "imaginative" and think things like an overlord magician is going to NTR the guys of their heroines in a party.

I'm aware that it's most likely supposed to be a German name, but the reason I called it weird is that I'm from Switzerland, talk German (ok, Swiss German, but that's just a weird German in the end) all day and I have never seen a name like Braihiraider. The name sounds like the author just tried to make it sound German(/cool, maybe?) and went with whatever he could come up with, unless, of course, the translation into katakana made the name hard to identify.

I've never seen Benno being used as anything else than a first name (though maybe this kind of thing was common in past times and I'm not aware of it), and I get the feeling the "von" is really just there to give it more of a noble touch. My guess is that the "von" was misplaced and it should be Wendelin Benno von Baumeister or if you prefer "Bendelin" Benno von Baumeister, where Wendelin/Bendelin is the first name, Benno a middle name (or second name) and von Baumeister the last name/family name.

My apology then for misunderstanding your words. I thought when you said the name being weird because it's uncommon that anime use german-like names..

Well, i thought at first that it was some kind of a marriage between the Benno family and the Baumeister, so their son's name is von Benno-Baumeister, like the Julich-Berg but i think your theory of it being the middle name make more sense..

It's a German name, considering they are using the title of Margrave instead of Marquis. The famous Kingdom of Prussia was a Margraviate in the HRE, until which Friedrich I of Brandenburg persuaded the emperor to upgrade the status of Duchy of Prussia into a Kingdom.

His name being Bandelin von Benno Baumeister is definitely a German noble family name, although i dont get how is there 2 words, is it a Benno-Baumeister (chapter 1 page 6) ?

in German, von means "of" an equivalent of "de" "di" "van"

It's unwise to say "weird" names when it's not even Japanese, dont want to hurt the German members here dont we ? ;)

I'm aware that it's most likely supposed to be a German name, but the reason I called it weird is that I'm from Switzerland, talk German (ok, Swiss German, but that's just a weird German in the end) all day and I have never seen a name like Braihiraider. The name sounds like the author just tried to make it sound German(/cool, maybe?) and went with whatever he could come up with, unless, of course, the translation into katakana made the name hard to identify.

I've never seen Benno being used as anything else than a first name (though maybe this kind of thing was common in past times and I'm not aware of it), and I get the feeling the "von" is really just there to give it more of a noble touch. My guess is that the "von" was misplaced and it should be Wendelin Benno von Baumeister or if you prefer "Bendelin" Benno von Baumeister, where Wendelin/Bendelin is the first name, Benno a middle name (or second name) and von Baumeister the last name/family name.

I thought I've gotten used to weird names in anime and manga, but this manga ruined it. What kind of name is Braihiraider? I'm not even sure I'm pronouncing it correctly in my head. Same goes for Oufelbeik..

It's a German name, considering they are using the title of Margrave instead of Marquis. The famous Kingdom of Prussia was a Margraviate in the HRE, until which Friedrich I of Brandenburg persuaded the emperor to upgrade the status of Duchy of Prussia into a Kingdom.

His name being Bandelin von Benno Baumeister is definitely a German noble family name, although i dont get how is there 2 words, is it a Benno-Baumeister (chapter 1 page 6) ?

in German, von means "of" an equivalent of "de" "di" "van"

It's unwise to say "weird" names when it's not even Japanese, dont want to hurt the German members here dont we ? ;)

Die down? Where? All I see are new reincarnation manga or the existing ones still being popular. :o

I agree, the reincarnation genre is still popular

and I like it, as long as the art is good, and the most important is the story development...

I thought I've gotten used to weird names in anime and manga, but this manga ruined it. What kind of name is Braihiraider? I'm not even sure I'm pronouncing it correctly in my head. Same goes for Oufelbeik..

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics