Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.12 - 249votes)

Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou!

Alt Names: alt ผมเนี่ยนะ...ชายแปด!alt 八男って、それはないでしょう!alt Eighth son, I don’t think so!alt Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou!
Author: Y.a
Artist: Kusumoto Hiroki
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ichinomiya Shingo, a young 25 years old, single, worker of firm company while thinking of tomorrow' busy working day goes to sleep. However the moment he woke up, it's a room unknown to him. He then learn that he is inside a 6 years-old boy and is taking over his mind. He then learn a lot from the memories of the said boy: he was born as the youngest child (8th son and 10th child) of poor noble family living in back country. Having no administrative skill, he can't do anything to manage the vast land his family has. Fortunately, he is blessed with a very rare talent, talent of magic. Unfortunately, while his talent could bring prosperity to his family, in his situation it only brought disaster. Yes, this is the story of the boy, Wendelin Von Benno Baumeister, opening his own path in a harsh world.

adapted from the web novel series of the same name
RAW: http://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF00000009010000_68/
Go to Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Web Novel translation New Window Starbuck
  • 0 Replies

309 Comments

Comments like this always amuse me. They highlight the fact that most of the audience has never visited, let alone lived in, another country before.

Agreed. I've lived in another country for more than a year, and let me tell you, I'm really craving for my country food. It's not that the country food isn't delicious (actually, it's kind of unsuitable for my palette), but there is just this hunger for the familiar tastes, you know?

oh my gosh all of these undead dragon jokes are killing me

So a small bone dragon wouldn't be undead then ...

"Judging by the size and the shape, this isn't your average dragon, it's an Undead Dragon" WHAT? Who would've know a Dragon made of bones wasn't a Undead one?!

Well, i bet that his colleagues calls him Capt. Obvious  :P.

"Judging by the size and the shape, this isn't your average dragon, it's an Undead Dragon" WHAT? Who would've know a Dragon made of bones wasn't a Undead one?!

What is it with protagonists in these stories and obsessively recreating Japanese foods and baths? XD;

If the other world doesn't have burgers, pizza, or your favourite hometown food, won't you do the same thing? 

"It's not just any ordinary dragon. It's an UNDEAD dragon!" K captain obvious. Not like it's a floating dragon skeleton or anything. -_-

Not just that, it was dead because something killed it!

Not the first one here to say it, but... "No shit Sherlock!"

"It's not just any ordinary dragon. It's an UNDEAD dragon!" K captain obvious. Not like it's a floating dragon skeleton or anything. -_-

I thought it was just hungry. Looked like it was nothing but skin and bones to me.

Wouldn't be a fantasy setting without an undead dragon or two, now would it?

Without it, people would forget he is Japanese. I assume it is something they are proud of in Japan or something, or maybe it's just a common favorite. Like, if you moved to a new place that doesn't have ice cream or chocolate, you would be excited to be able to have it again. So, if you knew how to make it, then you would do what you could to make it, right?

Comments like this always amuse me. They highlight the fact that most of the audience has never visited, let alone lived in, another country before.

What is it with protagonists in these stories and obsessively recreating Japanese foods and baths? XD;

Without it, people would forget he is Japanese. I assume it is something they are proud of in Japan or something, or maybe it's just a common favorite. Like, if you moved to a new place that doesn't have ice cream or chocolate, you would be excited to be able to have it again. So, if you knew how to make it, then you would do what you could to make it, right?

Dammit,

Spoiler

Spoiler

Dammit,

Spoiler

atleast he didn't die :P

It's actually worse that he didn't die, because it happened for no reason.

Sure it can be Isekai. It's not like isekai is illegal or something, but the execution is pure shit.

His soul got "transported"? What? While he was sleeping, just like that?

In one page, one fucking page, we go from "I wish it would be holidays" to "So it's been seven years since I came to this world"

What a fucking garbage introduction.

Also his bad luck - Good joke. They had to introduce some mechanic in the story so that it wouldn't be too okay for him in this world, true. But bad luck?

"He's good at everything"

"He's not, he has bad luck, and is in danger because of it"

Lazy idea if I've ever seen one. From the comments I've seen here it's not even like he's in real danger at times because of a particular reason other than his bad luck. At the very least if he has bad luck for a reason, like he's cursed, some side effect of his "soul transportation", or even he has some item that makes his monster encounters terrible - anything - then I guess I could accept that. But just "bad luck" is lazy as hell, and full of plotholes.

Need to point out: HE'S A HOT SHIT NOBLE, AND RICH AS FUCK AT THAT. WHAT?

Bad luck that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Living the dream.

Basically Isekai is a deus ex machina for the plot.

"Oh, he's super smart, and/or has amazing powers? Well, that's because it's Isekai"

"What a great idea he came up with! How did he think of such a method? Because it's Isekai"

"Why is he so overp- ISEKAI"

Some series can make it really enjoyable and original, and some become the generic Isekai shitshow you can see basically everywhere now.

I guess this one is the latter.

Do tell me if I'm wrong.

atleast he didn't die :P

In the early story he is your ordinary fantasy world normal character but it is necessary for later development for the story to be themed isekai.

Spoiler

Basically Isekai is a deus ex machina for the plot.

"Oh, he's super smart, and/or has amazing powers? Well, that's because it's Isekai"

"What a great idea he came up with! How did he think of such a method? Because it's Isekai"

"Why is he so overp- ISEKAI"

Some series can make it really enjoyable and original, and some become the generic Isekai shitshow you can see basically everywhere now.

I guess this one is the latter.

Do tell me if I'm wrong.

School days?

polygamy is allowed especially among nobles.
Spoiler

Did this really need to be isekai? It is possible to set up a fantasy world and protagonist power without that town crutch.

In the early story he is your ordinary fantasy world normal character but it is necessary for later development for the story to be themed isekai.

Spoiler

Did this really need to be isekai? It is possible to set up a fantasy world and protagonist power without that town crutch.

if the manga follow the source material faithfully(WN), this will be one of those rare genuine harem when the mc IN RELATIONSHIP with several heroines.

School days?

if the manga follow the source material faithfully(WN), this will be one of those rare genuine harem when the mc IN RELATIONSHIP with several heroines.

Not that rare Sevens, Magika no Kenshi shoukan na maou, Gun Otta, isekai-maou-to-shoukan-shoujo-dorei-majutsu, Mushoku Tensei, Masou Gakuen are some of them(the ones i'm reading at least).

Wait, so his master was an orphan who became and adventurer and died on his first big job, right?

That adventuring gig must be something else, to be able to afford a mansion and golems on little jobs alone.

not really

little jobs only lets you eat a meal a day

Alfred had already lots of achievement in his young career before becoming the head magician of the Margrave Breithilde, and had accumulated a significant amount of money and reputation.

as will soon be shown (by chapters 10-11), there is a world of difference in the rewards being handed over to small, day-to-day adventuring quests, and top quests of monster extermination/ruin exploration.

when he joined the Margrave, he was already considered in the top 3 ranking of the most powerful mages of the Kingdom.

at some point, the father of the current Margrave decided to go explore and conquer the Demon Forest, largely to save his eldest son (the elder brother of present-day Margrave), and Alfred joined him ... that's when he lost his life, in his early 30s

to give an example, Burkhart (Alfred's mentor) has already accumulated so much money that he doesn't really care much about monetary rewards anymore, freely spending whatever he already has on luxury cruising whenever he can, drinking rare and precious liquor as much as possible, and managing his own distillery (in case he runs out of tasty booze)

he most likely works for the Margrave as way of gaining a protective patron (it's a ruthless aristocratic world) and some sense of professional duty/routine, rather than wages

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics