Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 399votes)

Taishou Otome Otogibanashi

Alt Names: alt 大正処女御伽話alt タイシャウヲトメおとぎばなしalt 타이 샤 오토메 동화/다이쇼시대 소녀 전래동화alt Taishou Wotome Otogibanashialt Сказка о девушке эпохи Тайсё
Author: Kirioka Sana
Artist: Kirioka Sana
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In this story set in the early 1920s, Tamahiko is the son of a wealthy family, but his life is changed forever when an accident cripples his right arm. No longer considered by his father as an heir, he is shuffled off into the country, to live out of sight. The teenage Tamahiko shuts himself in his new home, bitterly thinking of it as the place where he will die. One day, he learns that his father has 'bought' him a bride to take care of him, when the young teen girl named Yuzuki arrives at his door. She comes into his life like an innocent ray of sunshine, and Tamahiko's view of the world and his life starts changing bit-by-bit...
Go to Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic How much is the debt nowadays? New Window Ryoumiya
  • 1 Replies
Topic What is "botchan"? New Window truepurple
  • 8 Replies
Topic And this is just the beginning New Window jrandom42
  • 2 Replies

822 Comments

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
Finally YES YES YES YES YES 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

my heart can't take anymore

Spoiler

the little sister is the lowkey MVP of this round.

Sooo true. She's pretty amazing so far.

@Kevadu

I understand that she has reasons for doing what she did. However, I still can't forgive her how she lashed out like that. On the other hand, I'm still very willing to keep my mind open and learn about her reasons for doing so and whether she changes for the better and if so, I will be willing to forgive her and let bygones by bygones. Therefore, going by what you said, I'm looking forward to it.

@wtrmute

Actually, I don't feel any sympathy for Tamahiko's father at the moment. However, I'm willing to learn about his side of the story AND if by the end of the story, he refuses to budge to become a better person, I will then make solidify my judgement on the type of person he is and whether to forgive him or not. This is the same process I will apply to Ryo herself.

What matters is not someone's fault but whether they can accept that fault and try to change.

To be honest, I think it's just a matter of first impressions. This story has been pretty fluffy in the foreground with some sad themes in the background. This girl got between foreground fluffiness and trampled it. No one is going to forgive this girl easily. It's probably pretty apparent we're going to get more of her and may even come to like her (or hate her less at least), but it's not like you really forget that someone was visually introduced to you as the cruel animal abuser, even if they became better people later in life.

First impression is something that sticks really strong with people. I have always tried to not let it be my end all judgement. Unfortunately I see it fairly often in real life. Some of these people once they made a judgement of someone based on their initial impression, it almost seems like they're willing to go to the grave with that impression whether it's good or bad.

I'll try to avoid being specific because of spoilers, but I haven't read all the volumes that are out in Japan I have to say that my opinion of Ryo has drastically changed.  I felt the same way as you at first, but I'm pretty sympathetic towards her now.

There are reasons she acts the way she does.  Not good reasons, mind you.  She's basically just lashing out.  But she's a young girl in a really shitty situation so it's pretty understandable why she might be jealous of people who have something she can't.

Give her a chance.  She's not a fundamentally bad person.

Defending bullies just because they're "human",huh?

Spoiler

Bask in the warmth, my brethren.

Any of you have manga/anime recommendation where the male MC is a member of the nobility? I love these kind of stories. No isekai please. Thanks.

sayonara zetsubou sensei, kinda. heck the first time i read this, i thought tamahiko really resembled itoshiki.

though dont expect lovey-dovey fluffy stuff like in this one :v

Thank goodness. Our Yuzu and Tamahiko are back on good terms.

Thats scares the hell out of me. TG the drama resolved itself in one chapter.....

Any of you have manga/anime recommendation where the male MC is a member of the nobility? I love these kind of stories. No isekai please. Thanks.

Fair enough...except that Ryo is a complex, multifaceted character.  That was literally my entire point.  The only reason I even brought this up.

But I'm done arguing about this.  It's kind of stupid since I'm talking about stuff you guys haven't even read yet.  All I wanted to say was give Ryo a chance, she's not as bad as she seems at first.  And I've said it so let's move on.

To be honest, I think it's just a matter of first impressions. This story has been pretty fluffy in the foreground with some sad themes in the background. This girl got between foreground fluffiness and trampled it. No one is going to forgive this girl easily. It's probably pretty apparent we're going to get more of her and may even come to like her (or hate her less at least), but it's not like you really forget that someone was visually introduced to you as the cruel animal abuser, even if they became better people later in life.

I realise she has reasons for doing what she does; it's plain to see she's lashing out. The issue is that she's not justified in lashing out. What kind of example does that set for her little brothers? I'm fine being unhappy if everybody else is unhappy, too? If we assume Ryo's grandfather also beat his father — a relatively safe bet — then it's also OK for him to beat Ryo and her brothers? He's lashing out, too. Plus it's not really him; it's the alcohol! Please.

In real life, they aren't. In fiction, they can be as simple as the author wants, and as complex as he is skilled to portray them. Is Tamahiko's father also a complex, multifaceted character whom we should feel sympathetic for? After all, he also has shitty reasons for treating his son like he has been. Or is he simply a cross between a Vaudeville villain (the kind who tied damsels to train tracks in silent movies) and a plot device, existing solely to provide a conflict for his son and his fiancée to struggle against?

Fair enough...except that Ryo is a complex, multifaceted character.  That was literally my entire point.  The only reason I even brought this up.

But I'm done arguing about this.  It's kind of stupid since I'm talking about stuff you guys haven't even read yet.  All I wanted to say was give Ryo a chance, she's not as bad as she seems at first.  And I've said it so let's move on.

Oh thank god it only took 1 chapter to resolve

I'll try to avoid being specific because of spoilers, but I haven't read all the volumes that are out in Japan I have to say that my opinion of Ryo has drastically changed.  I felt the same way as you at first, but I'm pretty sympathetic towards her now.

There are reasons she acts the way she does.  Not good reasons, mind you.  She's basically just lashing out.  But she's a young girl in a really shitty situation so it's pretty understandable why she might be jealous of people who have something she can't.

I realise she has reasons for doing what she does; it's plain to see she's lashing out. The issue is that she's not justified in lashing out. What kind of example does that set for her little brothers? I'm fine being unhappy if everybody else is unhappy, too? If we assume Ryo's grandfather also beat his father — a relatively safe bet — then it's also OK for him to beat Ryo and her brothers? He's lashing out, too. Plus it's not really him; it's the alcohol! Please.

I'm not defending what she did here, as it is pretty shitty (a fact that she recognizes herself later on).  But to claim it's "for the sake of doing evil" is so far off I don't even know what to say.  People aren't that simple.

In real life, they aren't. In fiction, they can be as simple as the author wants, and as complex as he is skilled to portray them. Is Tamahiko's father also a complex, multifaceted character whom we should feel sympathetic for? After all, he also has shitty reasons for treating his son like he has been. Or is he simply a cross between a Vaudeville villain (the kind who tied damsels to train tracks in silent movies) and a plot device, existing solely to provide a conflict for his son and his fiancée to struggle against?

Purposely doing evil for the sake of doing evil . You can't be a shittier person than that in my opinion

I'm not defending what she did here, as it is pretty shitty (a fact that she recognizes herself later on).  But to claim it's "for the sake of doing evil" is so far off I don't even know what to say.  People aren't that simple.

good god, just how much more cute can yuzu even go?

p/s: for now, i still view ryo as a total jerk.

the little sister is the lowkey MVP of this round.

its updated!? such glorious day!

What a precious face. This artist has a great ability to make Yuzu smile with her eyes.

Purposely doing evil for the sake of doing evil . You can't be a shittier person than that in my opinion

I don't even feel bad for her anymore. The whole "dad tells her to steal and beats her" gets a lot less pitiable when the "victim" is an asshole of a human being that takes pleasure in ruining people's lives.

I Knew it ! He should throw (rock)salt to that BITCH as soon he see her

And here we go.

You can all smile again and forget Chapter 11.

I don't even feel bad for her anymore. The whole "dad tells her to steal and beats her" gets a lot less pitiable when the "victim" is an asshole of a human being that takes pleasure in ruining people's lives.

Definitely. I'd feel bad if she was forced to do it for her family, but doesn't like it. She seems to enjoy it though. 

>marathon all 11 chapters after finding this gem

>look at upload dates

>despair

no worries, you should be getting regular releases from now on till the end. (or at least, that's the plan)

Preach it!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics