Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 419votes)

Yakumo-san wa Edzuke ga Shitai.

Alt Names: alt 八云小姐想要喂食alt 八雲さんは餌づけがしたいalt Yakumo-san wants to feed.
Author: Satomi U
Artist: Satomi U
Genres: Comedy ComedyCooking CookingSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Cute romantic comedy manga about a widow named Shuuko Yakumo who enjoys cooking food for a baseball playing teenager named Shouhei Yamato.
Go to Yakumo-san wa Edzuke ga Shitai. Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic WILL THEY END UP TOGETHER? New Window Meimeii
  • 17 Replies

1008 Comments

Sigh... I love when the childhood friend wins, but in this case I want Yakumo and Yamato to be together. The thing is: Why does it always have to be the childhood friend? Can't it just be a girl who likes him? Haven't childhood friends suffered enough!?

Here ya go! Childhood friend enters the ring. I must admit....she is kinda....annoying. Please widow-chan win this!

Get fucked childhood friend.

Here we see, a childhood friend in its natural habitat

Spoiler

Ch 6 is best :3

@SangMo Well, good for you. I would like to properly quote you but that would ignore the spoiler tags and most likely spoil me. Terrible implementation of comments section, but it's all there is.

In the meantime, I'm sticking with what I currently have here in Bato.

Also, a couple of stitches I made for the threads. You guys can have them.

*Minor spoilers

Spoiler

I've seen the raws for Vol 1 and 2...

Spoiler

It took Godai 7 friggin' years before breaking through Kyoko's shell. He basically had no sex life between 18 and 25 (except maybe with his right hand). A wonder he never gave up and didn't hookup with Kozue or Yagami. It would have been easier.

So, while I don't think this manga is going to be as long as Maison Ikkoku, I think there's room for their relationship to develop.

>mfw i realized i like this story more because of the fact that i will never have a romantic relation with a super hot glasses widow in my entire life

sad_frog.jpg

Why even live

Also, where are my doujins?

I disagree. She does mention they're very similar, but there's no real reason to read too much into it. The ring staying on her finger speaks louder to me, but my opinion might be biased because I know a widow who won't take her ring off because she still loves her late husband. Her story actually made me cry, but its beyond the scope of this manga.

I agree, mostly. Young women and certain mature women would rather invest on their own future and live a decent late life because of how the financial system works everywhere (they fuck you over every chance they get), which is why I used "eventually" as a conditional. I do believe that in the particular case of a widow, it's kind of a broken dream even if it wasn't in the table at the time her husband was alive.

I've seen the raws for Vol 1 and 2...

Spoiler

Is she a professional widow or something? I don't remember seeing her doing any kind of paid work, is it mentioned somewhere and I just didn't pay attention or is she kind of a NEET?

She could be living with his insurance. Or get an allowance from his and/or her parents.

She seems to be young enough that her parents still work and support her.

But I think that this is not the point of this manga.

As much as I love me some /ss/, I can't help but think about how most people would shut down this manga if it was a old man trying to get on a high school girl.

Spoiler
I still remember how much Miman Renai got shat on...

Kodomo no jikan.
The kid hit the home run if you know what I mean.

As much as I love me some /ss/, I can't help but think about how most people would shut down this manga if it was a old man trying to get on a high school girl.

Spoiler

Y'all apparently forgot Cardcaptor Sakura where a literal elementary school girl fell in love with her teacher.

Read:
http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/a-method-to-make-the-gentle-world-r80/

Chapter 15 for start of best couple.

>mfw i realized i like this story more because of the fact that i will never have a romantic relation with a super hot glasses widow in my entire life

sad_frog.jpg

Double standards. Not surprising, really.

I would like to believe the people reading this manga do not care about a setting in which Yakumo is a 28 year-old widower and Yamato a 16 year-old in the girl's track club or something, but it's wishful thinking. It would instantly get called "pedo bait."

I personally wouldn't care because it's fiction, but it takes just one random person to start badmouthing something for it to fall apart regardless of how retarded the arguments are.

Is she a professional widow or something? I don't remember seeing her doing any kind of paid work, is it mentioned somewhere and I just didn't pay attention or is she kind of a NEET?

Spoiler

I'm scared to imagine how those people react to Koi wa ameagari no you ni. Though it's JK hitting on old man

Correct.

Spoiler

Sometimes, fireworks are just fireworks though.

Stupid Nozaki.
Spoiler

Because mature cute is the new justice.

I'm pretty sure that what he said in the end was kinda ambiguous in Japanese at first. Something that could be interpreted as "I like (you)" but ended up as "I like flower viewing".

Correct.

Spoiler

So... suddenly nighttime flower viewing out of nowhere and suddenly she comes onto him?

Did she?

Don't get me wrong, this is definitely progressing towards something more romantic but I wouldn't say that she came onto him.

I guess it's open to interpretation, though. I'm sure one of you weirdos will still manage to see this as some kind of maternal bonding.

I'm pretty sure that what he said in the end was kinda ambiguous in Japanese at first. Something that could be interpreted as "I like (you)" but ended up as "I like flower viewing".

It's not like she's predatory, but I feel she's really lonely and clings to him.

For people worrying, I doubt she will drag him into her bed. Give them a few years.

A guy 10 years younger than the woman isn't a problem once he hits 18.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics