Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 256votes)

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Alt Names: alt Blade of Demon Destructionalt Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaibaalt 鬼灭之刃alt 鬼滅の刃alt 귀멸의 칼날
Author: Gotouge Koyoharu
Artist: Gotouge Koyoharu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tanjiro is the eldest son in a family that has lost its father. Tanjiro visits another town one day to sell charcoal, but ends up staying the night at someone else's house instead of going home because of a rumor about a demon that stalks a nearby mountain at night. When he goes home the next day, tragedy is waiting for him.
Go to Kimetsu no Yaiba Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic like the story and concept, but.... New Window makuta2
  • 1 Replies
Topic We love him because he says we aren't trash New Window truepurple
  • 4 Replies
Topic Released chapter discussion, Kimetsu no Yaiba New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chapter 72 New Window hunterxhuntard
  • 0 Replies
Topic I reviewed chapter 71 of Kimestu no Yaiba New Window hunterxhuntard
  • 0 Replies
Topic What I'd want to say to manga bad guy logic. New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies

738 Comments

This is the best cast of characters in a shounen ever. I love how all of them are such stupid little idiots in their own ways.

Basically this. They're all dumbasses, but not the kind you want to beat with a rake until their unborn grandchildren beg for mercy.

fcfaa9295b.jpg

NOW THIS IS A GROUP OF HEROES!

I laughed a lot when Tanjirou just gave up in explaining and ran faster...

Annoying.

This is the best cast of characters in a shounen ever. I love how all of them are such stupid little idiots in their own ways. 

Aaaaah, I really like this :Y

Zenitsu's stock has increased considerably.

Series is getting better and better. 

Seems like the author is taking a page out of Kuramada's book.

BTW Deceived is spelt wrong in chapter 26.

There will be an influx of female readers soon...

The extra page had me almost rolling on the floor! Although, I really think it should have been after chapter 26, what was the author thinking? One page, still managed to have spoilers.

Fuck the pig...

Hmmm... i would say that chapter 26 adds another meaning to your words.

So this new guy is indeed the rogue 5th element. Special sense of Touch translated into extreme flexibility. Aether/Void infers that they use the supernatural as a way of fighting. And we just got hinted at by Tanjirou that this new fellow fights like a demon. Again you shouldn't take what I said in my previous post completely literally, as I've predicted that the earth element will instead be a subdivision of iron or some other metal, likewise much of whats to come can be switched around.

Thinking about the special senses that are left; Taste and Sight since they too can't be taken literally you'd have to guess what they'll come out as. I figured Touch would be similar to Crime Edge's protagonist of being able make an opponent feel a small cut as a giant wound, but I thought it'd be boring too being the same and all so I'm glad it's not.

If I had to predict

Sight - Can see opponents slightest movements of muscle to read any attack. Hell maybe this turns out to be Daredevil where the person is blind but has enhanced everything else.

Taste - This can go two ways

1) It's taken literally like some of the other senses, and the expression of 'it's so close I can almost taste it' will come true making people THINK he has enhanced smell or

2) Something dealing with Saliva where it's interchangeable as a poison and can coat the edge of the blade with it

• AS2 likes this

http://plus.shonenjump.com/client_info/SHUEISHA/html/player/viewer.html?tw=1&lin=1&cid=SHSA_ST01MOL013114001_57

If you guys want something good to translate do this One-shot 

First one-shot by Gotouge Koyoharu, he won the JUMP treasure award with this, Kimetsu no yaiba is basically this one-shot with some changes to fit JUMP

Now i know why the JP seems to like Zenitsu so much...

Fuck the pig...

This chapter rocked the house.

It was good for so many reasons.

Nezuko is cute, Tanjirou is so precious to this world and Zenitsu OMG I Love Him T-T

Just to theorize here; Chapter 8 claimed on the final page that FIVE people passed the test yet we only saw four. It's interesting to me because we have

Tanjirou - Forms of Water; Specialized Smell

Zenitsu - Forms of Thunder; Specialized Hearing

In other words we SHOULD end up finding the other three people to have fire, earth, void (also called Aether as the classical 5th element) with the special senses of taste, sight, and touch.

And with a cough*void*cough candidate who passed, I'll hold to that theory.

I'm going to guess that the punk looking guy will be fire and the girl earth since she had the butterfly and all. I think I'll call fire dude on the sense of Taste. Fire is classically linked to alchemy, possibly touch for the earth girl.

Going by Wikipedia it's hilarious how the personalities have synced up too:

--Water personalities tend to be emotional, deep, nurturing, sympathetic, empathetic, imaginative and intuitive.

--Fire personalities are believed to have good leading qualities and also tend to be enthusiastic, extroverted, rebellious, passionate, brave and valiant.

--Air personalities tend to be kind, intellectual, communicative and social; however, they can also be selfish, superficial, vicious and insensitive to other people's emotions.

All of these have been true so far. Let's see if it holds up for Earth and Void.

Also one fun tidbit is that Earth and Air are typically considered a pair. Zenitsu waifu ahoy.

Edit: Earth is interchangeable with Iron in some contexts; considering we got lightning, I'm sure it could be the case here too.

I guess we'll find out as the series goes on but it'll be pretty fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6ZC39iOzzg

ShonenJumpOfficial released a Video about KNY (basically its the first chapter with voice acting)

Man, Roadhog's origin story sure is cool.

What?  When was his origin story covered?  Or are we talking about some other boar?

You know you're desperate when you have to become your own support character.

Damn, volume 2's cover is cool.

I found Volume 2 cover a lot better than volume 1 (and i liked volume 1 cover but i had to admit it was pretty plain)

Hoping this volume sells much better otherwise it could be in trouble..

The manga itself has been great so far

Dammit Zenitsu. You might be a whiny scaredy crybaby but that was fucking badass.

Man, Roadhog's origin story sure is cool.

Author is pretty creative with the abilities and stuff.

Remember me Araki in the part 2 in art/abilities(I also would say part 4-8 but the art are feels different) with a little Ito things

More story than 100 chapters of One Piece... that joke isn't even funny. I doubt you even read it...

The speed at which One Piece progresses, whether slow or fast, has no bearing on it's quality and yet, you seem to be taking it as some sort of insult...

No I am not joking and have read all of One Piece. 

More story than 100 chapters of One Piece... that joke isn't even funny. I doubt you even read it...

Also, why we have another demon that controls space/dimensions so fast? It's nice to see quite similar abilities (controling how subject moves vs controling his environment) used creatively, but someting is not right ...

Another demon?  Wasn't that just a human with one of the demon's drums?  (my bet is that he's the lost big brother).

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics