Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.33 - 211votes)

Grancrest Senki

Alt Names: alt บันทึกสงครามแกรนเครสท์alt グランクレスト戦記alt 皇帝圣印战记alt 그랑크레스트 전기alt Record of Grancrest War
Author: Mizuno Ryo
Artist: Yotsuba Makoto
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: On a continent ruled by chaos, the Lords have the power of a holy seal that can calm the chaos and protect the people. However, before anyone realizes it, the rulers cast aside their creed of purifying the chaos, and instead start to fight each other for each other s holy seals to gain dominion over one another. Shiruuka, an isolated mage who scorns the Lords for abandoning their creed, and a wandering knight named Theo, who is on a journey to train to one day liberate his hometown, make an everlasting oath to work together to reform this continent dominated by wars and chaos.
Go to Grancrest Senki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

203 Comments

oh wow i thought the artist was familiar but damn he's one of my favorite hentai artist!

.... Ok, i'll be honest. I thought it first about Gran(d father/mother)+incest, but it's not. :P
Anyway, looks not that bad for 3 chapters. Probably gonna subscribe it after reading up to ch 5;.

Did I just got a feeling that Theo's crest not some ordinary crest?

I'm pretty sure there's a backstory for it.

yeah, also maybe its just translation, but some dialogs gives me the idea that the mc knows more that what he shows.

and i for once really ship those two, don't know why but they give me good vibes

mahou senshi louie author new manga hope it will be good XD

Just gotta hope the LN gets translated now.

Im really liking Shiruuka. Hope the MC wrong with the time.

She is your White mage. You do not f*ck with a white mage.

Did I just got a feeling that Theo's crest not some ordinary crest?

I'm pretty sure there's a backstory for it.

After Reading Ch.3. I Wanna Playing Rise of Nation and Empire Earth 3 Again

I'm liking it so far. I'm getting addicted to stories where they need to expand their territories, I wonder if he will become an emperor like in Sevens?

Is this going to be "How to raise a God Emperor"? Someone warn him about Lorgar

Spoiler

Only concern, is that it gives off the feel that he'll gain strength explosively. Otherwise the start is good so far.

I'm not too worried about that. Parn from Record of Lodoss War started out in a worse spot than he did and still managed to slowly become better.

Hopefully it becomes more tactical; with them having to protect their land and invade those around them.

Shi Girl is great.  I like Arvin well enough.  Theo....is okay, I guess.  Who knows, maybe Theo will be the third wheel and marries some princess.

Hm this is not bad.
The dude isnt boringly op, he's clearly struggling but hes not a wimp either and slowly getting stronger.

Only concern, is that it gives off the feel that he'll gain strength explosively. Otherwise the start is good so far.

Hm this is not bad.
The dude isnt boringly op, he's clearly struggling but hes not a wimp either and slowly getting stronger.

Its also not another damn isekai story with a self-insert character and a damn harem.

Now they're in a position where they take over the lands around them one by one yes?
All it needs now is to get that romance tag going.

....HOLD THE PHONE.
THIS ARTIST IS A HENTAI ARTIST GAHAHAHA NO WONDER PEOPLE KEPT PRAISING THE ART
Spice and Wolf is also a rant about how bad the Middle Ages were, from a country that would have to acquit 40 times as many accused criminals to be as lenient as the Spanish Inquisition. Japan last executed for witchcraft in the 1870s or 1880s; the medievals executed for witch HUNTING (all European witch hunts were Early Modern, a product of the Renaissance; a lot of Greco-Roman superstition got "reborn"). Someone whose country found out the Earth is round from Francis Xavier doesn't get to talk that particular kind of smack.

If this is what we can expect from the manga, I'm not bothering. it's awfully generic once you go down to it: the chosen hero is the only way to save the world from the EVUL!! Demon Lord... give me a rest.

the third wheel.

Poor Arvin, he seems like a good enough guy. 

Come to think of it, there was news that an anime for this was being made.

I also instafollowed it because it was written by Ryo Mizuno, the guy who penned Record of Lodoss War.

I just read it because of the boobs, but that's interesting too.

Wait, if that dude on the last page is the "Wandering Knight", then who the hell is Arvin?

The guy with the chipmunks

Wait, if that dude on the last page is the "Wandering Knight", then who the hell is Arvin?

the third wheel.

Come to think of it, there was news that an anime for this was being made.

I also instafollowed it because it was written by Ryo Mizuno, the guy who penned Record of Lodoss War.

I wonder if there will ever be a new manga that's set in a different world without any overpowered technologies or magic.

That's just taking away all the possible suspense and makes the main characters way too strong. Knowledge and technique should be at least worth something on the battlefield and in everydays life in the story, not just a sideelement.

But then again, masterpieces like Wolf&Spice don't come around every now and then, do they?

You're comparing action to drama, if you're looking for drama like Wolf&Space in shounen action series then you're clearly looking in the completely wrong place. Also there are a lot of action series that have magic but they still need to use tactics to win, for example: Boku no Hero Academia, Darwin's Game, Dungeon Meshi, Fate Zero, Nejimaki Seirei Senki - Tenkyou no Alderamin, Saike Mata Shitemo.

I'll keep from judging it. Art seem alright, but so far not a lot has happened or been explained. Seemed more like a prologue than a proper first chapter.

Spice & Wolf has an overpowered tsundere wolf-god as one of the main characters. Also it's a drama show, not an action show, so you're comparing two different genres. You can call it a masterpiece, but I and many others will disagree.

Holo is by no means OP. If you've bothered to actually read the novel, there are a hell of a lot of things Holo could not solve with her claws and fangs, which creates a great complexity where mind beats brawn. Most problems in spice and wolf could be solved by just thinking around the problem and using brute force will just cause more trouble.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics