Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 399votes)

Taishou Otome Otogibanashi

Alt Names: alt 大正処女御伽話alt タイシャウヲトメおとぎばなしalt 타이 샤 오토메 동화/다이쇼시대 소녀 전래동화alt Taishou Wotome Otogibanashialt Сказка о девушке эпохи Тайсё
Author: Kirioka Sana
Artist: Kirioka Sana
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In this story set in the early 1920s, Tamahiko is the son of a wealthy family, but his life is changed forever when an accident cripples his right arm. No longer considered by his father as an heir, he is shuffled off into the country, to live out of sight. The teenage Tamahiko shuts himself in his new home, bitterly thinking of it as the place where he will die. One day, he learns that his father has 'bought' him a bride to take care of him, when the young teen girl named Yuzuki arrives at his door. She comes into his life like an innocent ray of sunshine, and Tamahiko's view of the world and his life starts changing bit-by-bit...
Go to Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic How much is the debt nowadays? New Window Ryoumiya
  • 1 Replies
Topic What is "botchan"? New Window truepurple
  • 8 Replies
Topic And this is just the beginning New Window jrandom42
  • 2 Replies

822 Comments

I guess people who keep saying the MC is a "little bitch" doesn't understand how depression alongside trauma works. The guy had suffered neglect and was thrown away like a used rag once he busted his arm (for which iirc it wasn't completely his fault). When he was having his depressing dialogue, I was actually tearing up coz of how I could sympathize with his plight. The guy's super insecure. He failed in most of his endeavors so early on in life that he thinks he couldn't do anything else right. His state of mine is that of a "wuss" but it can't be helped. People can be damaged when they're struck at their most vulnerable moments. At least he manned up instead of pushing her away more. In actuality, people with depression would just push away everyone else and, as he said, "prefer to live alone so as to not be bothered and not be a bother."

People are also downplaying or conveniently ignoring that he wasn't just 'thrown away'  in that they secluded him in Chiba to keep him out of sight, they killed him off back in Ch 5.  They're telling all associates he died in that accident that crippled his right arm.  He's now dead to the family and society.  So far Tamako is the only one who is speaking to him like he's alive and she verified for the audience their elder siblings were indeed reporting to others he died in the accident and pretending to cry and be grief stricken.

Please tell me its still going, this chapter feels like a cancellation flag.

The cover image being used for the series homepage right there is at volume 4...

We're only at volume 2 in terms of scanslations right now.

Even if it got cancelled (of which I don't know), we've still got at least another ten chapters assuming AT LEAST five chapters a tank, and it looks like probably more than that going by the scanslation chapter nomenclature.

Thank you, Sea Otter Scans!

the RAW is reaching its finally chapter soon, but we (English scans) still got a long way to go~~ (at least 3 more volumes)

I'm not crying, YOU'RE CRYING!

The feelings are too strong

Is the author trying to make that horrible girl likeable?

yes, yes he is ... still don't like her though. Her brother on the other hand is such a sweetie, helping botchan be a better person and reducing his wuss levels xD.

Too much hating on psychologically traumatized characters,
not enough c6e.png spamming.

they are too cute and pure to get lewd spam. 

Aww.

I'm not crying, YOU'RE CRYING!

Is the author trying to make that horrible girl likeable?
I never do Romance but I am so glad I have this a try; diabetes.
Too much hating on psychologically traumatized characters,
not enough c6e.png spamming.

Yes. YESSSSSSSSSS.

I guess people who keep saying the MC is a "little bitch" doesn't understand how depression alongside trauma works. The guy had suffered neglect and was thrown away like a used rag once he busted his arm (for which iirc it wasn't completely his fault). When he was having his depressing dialogue, I was actually tearing up coz of how I could sympathize with his plight. The guy's super insecure. He failed in most of his endeavors so early on in life that he thinks he couldn't do anything else right. His state of mine is that of a "wuss" but it can't be helped. People can be damaged when they're struck at their most vulnerable moments. At least he manned up instead of pushing her away more. In actuality, people with depression would just push away everyone else and, as he said, "prefer to live alone so as to not be bothered and not be a bother."

Wow. I expected the main character to be a lil bitch like always in these types of manga, but he decided to be a man. Hope he doesn't go back to wallowing all the time.

To be fair, he does have a reason to be depressed. I am sure you would be too if your family treated you the way his has. But now that his hand is crippled, ironically, his environment became healthier and he's started to experience genuine caring and love. There's no reason for his relationship with Yuzu to stagnate. All aboard the Kawaii train! Woot Woot!
I thought he'd finally be true to himself but I never expected to him to do that! All I could hear in my head as it happened was
Spoiler
THIS IS WHY I LOVE THIS SERIES, ITS SO DAMN ADORABLE

Wow both woman are awful. The guy is awful too, but because he's spineless.
Well, what do you expect from a manga written by a femdom hentai author?

Manga is awful. Love is awful. Life is awful. I'd go jump off a bridge, but dying is awful too. Well, what do you expect from the (in)famous rozzak? (^_~)

My guess is that she's

spoiler for chapter 11

Good point, but still pretty frickin' low. B**** is as b**** does.

That said, it's more interesting when stories aren't formulaic. When they genuinely surprise you, as two characters did here, even better.

Wow. I expected the main character to be a lil bitch like always in these types of manga, but he decided to be a man. Hope he doesn't go back to wallowing all the time.

he's a pessimist, don't get your hopes up ... but understand he can be brave when needed, and a pussy sometimes too.

They're too cute * rolls on the ground while covering cheeks*

It suddenly was worth going through all the bad emotions from two chapters ago.

Thank you author. Thank you scanlators. May peace embrace the world!

acchi+kocchi+nosebleed.gif

I need some medicine, it's seems i got an hear attack.

Now i can die in peace. It was worth living untill this day

acchi+kocchi+nosebleed.gif

Now i can die in peace. It was worth living untill this day

oh my!!!! ............................. [Heart attack intensifies] :3

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics