Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 150votes)

Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja

Alt Names: alt 賢者の弟子を名乗る賢者alt 自称贤者弟子的贤者alt Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenjaalt She Professed Herself The Pupil Of The Wise Man
Author: Ryuusen Hirotsugu
Artist: Suemitsu Dicca
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyGender Bender Gender Bender
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In one of the worlds that exist within virtual reality, Kagami held the title of one of the Nine Sages, a position that placed him at the pinnacle of magicians.
One day, he fell asleep in-game after pulling an all-nighter. When he opened his eyes, what he found was a world that was different to the one before… More important than anything else, was that the grizzled and dignified veteran’s body that he was used to, had now turned into an innocent little girl’s.
If his true identity was leaked, honestly speaking it was a situation where it was very possible that the solemn image he had built up until now would be destroyed.

And to deal with this problem, the excuse that he came up with was…

Japanese Raw Link:
http://comicride.jp/pupil/
Go to Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

186 Comments

Chapter 11 suppose to be chapter 10 right? It was direct continuation from chapter 9.
Edit: oh you already explained below. Can someone delete this comment?

so question is, is the kids parents alive or is this like a "you're adopted" reveal?

The name "Whim" perfectly sums up this sudden release without the fluff chapter.

i Should hurry and note that Chapter 10 of this manga, is an extra that happens sometime in the middle of chapter 9. it's short but has alot of text that doesn't do much for the story, so while i do plan to eventually release it, for now i just skipped it and translated 11 where the story continues

I feel the zombie that appeared in town was the Fiancé that went missing. RIP Thomas

Bottomless? Pure summoners are weaklings, really now, I hope she gets to use a weapon or other kinds of spells, because fighting like a cowardly scum don't fit my tastes.

But she is he(??) and Mostly OLD MAN inside
But i appreciate "WELCOME TO THIS SIDE"

No, HE inside was a YOUNG GUY playing an OLD MAN for a long time, who then turned his OLD MAN into a YOUNG GIRL for giggles and accidentally saved the change from YOUNG GUY playing OLD MAN to YOUNG GUY playing YOUNG GIRL and now is a genuine YOUNG GIRL with the soul of a YOUNG GUY. It's complicated.

More Mira is always nice.

Too bad the LN and WN are completely abandoned... 

MIRA.IS.A.CUTE.LOLI.

SHUSH I'M TRYING TO FORGET THE "OLD MAN" BIT

Ahh Mira is just so damned cute. The LN is one thing, but having so much Mira illustrated is just damned great! She's cute, mad cute! 

Some details about the game's mechanic for anyone who doesn't read the LN:

Spoiler

Thanks, that actually explained a lot of the background of the story.

Some details about the game's mechanic for anyone who doesn't read the LN:

Spoiler

I wonder how many people used that to smoke cigarettes...

Probably how the first Sorcery spells were discovered, each pioneer player was smoking their signature blend of "herbs" and got a different spell.

how is the liquid at the bottom of the cup when its help sideways? is she drinking jello?

Magic, probably, it's also an in game item, that may be subject to some kind of odd in-game physics, i was actually pretty sure they were in bottles in the light novel. Her adventurer bracelet, for instance, was described as some kind of over-technology, and even since the game became real, the regular people only get a cheap knock-off of what the players have.

Stay in cigarettes, kids. Don't do school

(reference to old matpat video)

The game she was playing was completely freeform, the sorcerers don't even have spells they start with, like every class had one skill that lets you find your skills. For sorcery it was some little thumb lighter of a flame, used to burn/activate magic symbols, that you needed to find or create yourself. Mira had to battle and tame each of her summoned beasts, and basically pioneer each of her skills, as well as coming up with a way to get a subclass.

That's probably why she's being compared to Earth from VRMMO.

Spoiler

how is the liquid at the bottom of the cup when its help sideways? is she drinking jello?

Why only have her rank jump to C immediately? Why not just the highest, she is Dunblaf('s apprentice) after all, a Nine Wisemen('s apprentice).

probably either because it would look to suspicious or because because the adventurer guild is an independent organization spanning several kingdoms the kings only have a certain amount of pull within it.

Why only have her rank jump to C immediately? Why not just the highest, she is Dunblaf('s apprentice) after all, a Nine Wisemen('s apprentice).

Ahh Mira is just so damned cute. The LN is one thing, but having so much Mira illustrated is just damned great! She's cute, mad cute! 

This "senior adventurer" doesn't even seem to be able to wear a belt properly. I worry about her competence; Mira might have to protect 2 people now.

Spoiler
This "senior adventurer" doesn't even seem to be able to wear a belt properly. I worry about her competence; Mira might have to protect 2 people now.

It's almost like there's some unspoken rule that a Sage can only be an old geezer or a loli among authors.

Edit: they've once again royally fucked up the artwork where it counts, look at the elf lady from the LN illustration and compare it to this elf *shakes head*

Although this is good enough (I do enjoy me some drawn Mira), it's just the same deal as with most of the WN/LN promo-mangas: rush a short series to give us some taste for the plot/characters and then point to the novel. I'm quite sad about manga moving at warp speed as opposed to decently paced original.

While there might be some truth to that, they can't exactly go at the same pace as the novel either, it's not like a manga has the same amount of text, furthermore as with most of these isekai/reincarnation/mmo turned real life, it's a monthly manga, if they tried to cram the same amount of detail into them as novels do, then the pace would be super slow, and it would have to run for many years

Although this is good enough (I do enjoy me some drawn Mira), it's just the same deal as with most of the WN/LN promo-mangas: rush a short series to give us some taste for the plot/characters and then point to the novel. I'm quite sad about manga moving at warp speed as opposed to decently paced original.

Little rant:

Spoiler

"please read the novel, she's not weak, she's actually more overpowered than anyone else in the story"

like that's somehow better?

The game she was playing was completely freeform, the sorcerers don't even have spells they start with, like every class had one skill that lets you find your skills. For sorcery it was some little thumb lighter of a flame, used to burn/activate magic symbols, that you needed to find or create yourself. Mira had to battle and tame each of her summoned beasts, and basically pioneer each of her skills, as well as coming up with a way to get a subclass.

That's probably why she's being compared to Earth from VRMMO.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics