Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 299votes)

Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekake-chuu

Alt Names: alt Bạch cốt cường giả tại dị giớialt 骸骨騎士様、只今異世界へお出掛け中alt Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e o Dekake-chuualt 해골기사님은 지금 이세계 모험 중alt Skeleton Knight, going out to the parallel universealt Skeleton Knight, in Another World
Author: Hakari Enki
Artist: Sawano Akira
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The protagonist fell asleep while playing an online game. However, he awoke in a strange world with his game character’s appearance. In a state of shock, he noticed that he was equipped with nothing but his strongest weapon and armor. To make matters worse, our hero’s appearance was changed by the special avatar skin『Skeleton』when he enter this new world. The protagonist wanted to live without drawing attention, but he got acquainted with the dark elf Ariana and received her request.

Raw : http://over-lap.co.jp/Form/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?shop=0&pid=ZG0009&vid=&cat=CGS&swrd=
Go to Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekake-chuu Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Manga Raws New Window YukitoOnline
  • 0 Replies
Topic Novel New Window Squildo
  • 1 Replies

341 Comments

I like this. Sure it is the same old "guy brought into the online fantasy world." But i think this is done really well.

I think there are some small errors in this latest translation. Derp.

As far as I can see, mostly repeated bubbles making the characters sound like they're repeating themselves, as if the other party is deaf and they have to speak up, lol. Though I do still wanna know what the doubled up repeated bubbles really said.

He has a party, somewhat, but the focus is mostly on him. The party is the dark elf Ariana, a spirit beast (and if you ever need a good letter of recommendation for elves, it's being kind to spirits), with a ninja catgirl appearing sporadically. There's a reason the party is small. It's actually a pretty good read, IMO.

there's a ln/wn? Link?
So...he used to be the pope? What are those job specific skills?

[Excommunicate]!

[Apostolic Exhortation]!

...[Call Crusade]?

Correction: Ariane

The story might not be the most exciting or original, but I really like the bumbling main character with his cheerfulness.

My hope for this is that he'll be mostly alone, meeting someone or going on a party is fine at least the focus will be about himself, kinda like Toaru Ossan.

He has a party, somewhat, but the focus is mostly on him. The party is the dark elf Ariana, a spirit beast (and if you ever need a good letter of recommendation for elves, it's being kind to spirits), with a ninja catgirl appearing sporadically. There's a reason the party is small. It's actually a pretty good read, IMO.

Angry Boars game app when??

eQC3G2z.png

Chapters wise tho, I know hes wearing a full plate, his gear are all end game stuff, but damn! his shield is quite puny for his own body size.

MC isn't some genius or loner, just someone who got transported and doesn't want to stand out ( too much ) because he's a skeleton. The story is simple and not overtly complex. I do hope the plot will be further developed

My hope for this is that he'll be mostly alone, meeting someone or going on a party is fine at least the focus will be about himself, kinda like Toaru Ossan.

I think there are some small errors in this latest translation. Derp.

I do love me some righteous skele-knight; breath of fresh necrotic air, he is. Wish I could switch the number of chapters with one of those much lesser isekai mangas. You know, like [insert your least fav isekai here]. No one would miss that mango, amiright?

MC isn't some genius or loner, just someone who got transported and doesn't want to stand out ( too much ) because he's a skeleton. The story is simple and not overtly complex. I do hope the plot will be further developed

1) You do realise that I was saying exactly what you are saying right?  I'm responding to somebody who is saying this is a rip off of Overlord by pointing out that calling it a rip off is inane with such minor similarities.

2) Massive Bonus Points for knowing about The Dresdon Files :)  A sadly underrated series.

Sadly, when two similar properties are released that share several tropes, people are quick to assume a ripoff. Sometimes, they are, like those awful Dingo Pictures knockoff Disney products, or those wretched cash-grab mockbusters that try and confuse consumers with their titles (The Incredible Hulk to The Amazing Bulk). Or if they are high-end and are released close to each other, the ripoff police start their sirens. Look at the Book of Life and Pixar's Coco, dealing with the Mexican Underworld. You cannot trademark the afterlife. And Grim Fandango came first; so who really cares as long as the product is good? 

It's not even that close to being a rip-off of Overlord. Overlord is about a human becoming the lord of an evil monster organization and conquering the world. This is about a guy getting trapped in an undead body and going on a quest to turn back to normal. Literally the ONLY two similarities are the race of the mc, and the fantasy setting, there is nothing else, they don't even have the same fighting style (knight vs wizard) or looks (Normal skull in a massive paladin suit, vs dark demonic looking skeleton in robes).

It's like saying Harry Dresdon is a ripoff of Harry Potter because it also features a male wizard called Harry.

1) You do realise that I was saying exactly what you are saying right?  I'm responding to somebody who is saying this is a rip off of Overlord by pointing out that calling it a rip off is inane with such minor similarities.

2) Massive Bonus Points for knowing about The Dresdon Files :)  A sadly underrated series.

Arc is Ainz's Cousin. 'Nuff said!

It's not even that close to being a rip-off of Overlord. Overlord is about a human becoming the lord of an evil monster organization and conquering the world. This is about a guy getting trapped in an undead body and going on a quest to turn back to normal. Literally the ONLY two similarities are the race of the mc, and the fantasy setting, there is nothing else, they don't even have the same fighting style (knight vs wizard) or looks (Normal skull in a massive paladin suit, vs dark demonic looking skeleton in robes).

It's like saying Harry Dresdon is a ripoff of Harry Potter because it also features a male wizard called Harry.

Hell, we could say it's a Berserk ripoff. I mean, the MC is skull knight, right?

30 years ago, a person very similar to you would have been saying "hey, there are giant robots, this shit called Gundam is just a rip off of Voltron".

Not saying the whole isekai genre and the Japanese publishing industry isn't getting lazy, but so is making comparisons based on barely 2 bloody chapters.

You dont get it...

Look at harry potter, now what do you think would happen if you submitted a draft to a publisher that read almost exactly like harry potter? Instant rejection. The only way it would ever get accepted would be if you had inside connections (publisher is owned by a relative, etc) or if you were writing a parody of harry potter, instead of a story that just reads suspiciously like harry potter. You could change a few details here and there, but people would still go "Wait a minute...isnt this just harry potter?".

If this isnt meant to be a parody of overlord, then that means an editor was actually brainless enough to accept it and my opinion of the japanese publishing industry just fell even further.

30 years ago, a person very similar to you would have been saying "hey, there are giant robots, this shit called Gundam is just a rip off of Voltron".

Not saying the whole isekai genre and the Japanese publishing industry isn't getting lazy, but so is making comparisons based on barely 2 bloody chapters.

Whoa chill a little, this is not like Kipen Manga where your objection/opinion are considered by the author. Why not make a post (or share the link if its already exist) on forum and discuss it so we can avoid wall of texts?

Like i said, even if you change a few things, people will still think that something that reads like a copy of harry potter is a copy of harry potter. Why is this hard to understand?

Lets say that I write a story that goes like this : Girl A is adopted, gets abused her adopted family, discovers she can use magic, gets rescued by wizards and goes to a wizard school.

Tell me that this doesnt sound like harry potter.

But wait! Its not harry potter because its a girl, not a boy! So there! You cant say I ripped off harry potter! And I will change a few more details too, like the MC obviously has a different personality/appearance/goals and instead of two close friends, she has THREE! So its completely not harry potter! (by your logic).

Im not even saying that this series is a parody. Im saying that either this is a parody, or its a shameless ripoff and an editor would have to be retarded to allow the latter.

Just looking at the covert art maks me wants to vomit because this is clearly some generic trashy harem full of stereotypes. This looks like more a series aimed at 12 years old rather than "seinen".

Trope X: Travel into a fantasy world...
Trope Y: Skeleton Appearance...
Trope Z: Game-like world (other than Arc's skill, equipment and skin, nothing in the story is Game-like... He doesn't even have status screens or storage)

Apart from these, nothing is the same. So, you read the synopsis and looked at the cover and decided it's a rip-off? Please read the story or manga before throwing accusations.

Media A and B uses Trope X, Y and Z, so you conclude that Media B is a parody of Media A.  

Plot, actions and motivations, other characters, etc. are completely irrelevant in your comparison...

Like i said, even if you change a few things, people will still think that something that reads like a copy of harry potter is a copy of harry potter. Why is this hard to understand?

Lets say that I write a story that goes like this : Girl A is adopted, gets abused her adopted family, discovers she can use magic, gets rescued by wizards and goes to a wizard school.

Tell me that this doesnt sound like harry potter.

But wait! Its not harry potter because its a girl, not a boy! So there! You cant say I ripped off harry potter! And I will change a few more details too, like the MC obviously has a different personality/appearance/goals and instead of two close friends, she has THREE! So its completely not harry potter! (by your logic).

Im not even saying that this series is a parody. Im saying that either this is a parody, or its a shameless ripoff and an editor would have to be retarded to allow the latter.

Just looking at the covert art maks me wants to vomit because this is clearly some generic trashy harem full of stereotypes. This looks like more a series aimed at 12 years old rather than "seinen".

There must be some sort of MMO addiction epidemic, and all these world-transfer mangas are the result of dehydrated fever dreams.

How is it any different from the dead rising up and slaying the living in modern day America (or whatever your country of choice happens to be), or an 11 year old young boy that can use 'magic' and goes to a school that is hidden from all modern technological observational devices, or people in spaceships that travel at many times the speed of light without experiencing any type of time dilation effects, setting symbols on a 'stargate' and travelling to different worlds and galaxies instantly, etc.

It's called imagination and suspension of disbelief. All of the above examples are outlandish breaches of reality, yet billions of people buy into them and others like them every year.

Welcome to science fiction and fantasy literature.

You dont get it...

Look at harry potter, now what do you think would happen if you submitted a draft to a publisher that read almost exactly like harry potter? Instant rejection. The only way it would ever get accepted would be if you had inside connections (publisher is owned by a relative, etc) or if you were writing a parody of harry potter, instead of a story that just reads suspiciously like harry potter. You could change a few details here and there, but people would still go "Wait a minute...isnt this just harry potter?".

If this isnt meant to be a parody of overlord, then that means an editor was actually brainless enough to accept it and my opinion of the japanese publishing industry just fell even further.

Media A and B uses Trope X, Y and Z, so you conclude that Media B is a parody of Media A.  

Plot, actions and motivations, other characters, etc. are completely irrelevant in your comparison...

not really, Overlord become skeleton because he was using it as his avatar, but here MC was forced to use the best or the most expensive stuff in the game.

You dont get it...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics