Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 62votes)

Magical Trans!

Alt Names: alt ć¾ć˜ćØ悉ļ¼alt Maji Tora!alt MajiTora
Author: Kashii Yutaka
Artist: Kashii Yutaka
Genres: Comedy ComedyGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Minami-kun spots a poster recruiting new members for the Magical Girl Club. Thinking "Cosplay cuties woohoo!" he decides to join... What the hell!? It's not cosplayā€”we actually become magical girls??

A slice of life love-comedy revolving around magical girls and slippery slopes.

Originally found on MinComi: http://www.mincomi.jp/title/?title=327416
Twitter @yutakashii Pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=200861
http://www.ebookjapan.jp/ebj/author/78088/
Go to Magical Trans! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

132 Comments

Going to recommend El Goonish Shive, a webcomic, for anyone who is interested in this thus far.

I liked EGS back in the day and there are definitely parallels to be drawn between Minami and Tedd. I kinda fell off it because of infrequent updates, the meandering story and the character's horrible habit of telling more than showing. Maybe it got better since then but... well...

EGS does at least deserve credit for standing out in a field of TG/TSF works. And unlike a lot of western TG works (hell, maybe unlike a lot of western fiction period ) it has compelling female characters.

it's the only option when you got genderbent

Then spend entire day playing with your tits.

Going to recommend El Goonish Shive, a webcomic, for anyone who is interested in this thus far.

Haven't read EGS in years, but yeah that one was always a lot of fun. Also one of the more interesting TSF situations for the MC. I think Misfile is still running as well. The Wotch was great, but real life always seemed to get in the way of her schedule, and sadly, eventually it just dropped off.

Aaand holy shit, his patreon says $3700/mo, good for him (EGS)

I hope this gets to be as good Pretender Idol. Very promising! :3

Idol Pretender right? Nope, i hope it stays as far as possible from Idol Pretender grounds...

Those deep insights though... O.o

after reading it for a while what i think is:
Cirno, Daiyousei, and Letty become a magical girl

I hope this gets to be as good Pretender Idol. Very promising! :3

Jeez, can't say I'd behave any different than the protagonist. 

That's part of what makes this particular series, well, magical -- Minami makes no pretense of not being curious. And unlike a lot of willing genderbent protags, you don't really get a sense his motive is necessarily impure even when it's perverse. Hard to describe what I mean by that, but it's very easy to identify with him.

On an unrelated note, I take back anything I said about not feeling like the characters are established efficiently. Poor Karin deserves a hug. It would have been so easy to make her feel like a downer for the story's energy and feel more like a pacing speedbump like other characters before her. Y'know, the niche of "childhood female friend of the mtf genderbent protag who isn't entirely happy with it".  Aika from OreTwi, Tomari from Kashimashi, Yanase from Osanajimi wa Onnanoko, etc.

But they pulled it off perfectly here. You can feel Karin's loneliness here, just a bit. And they use some great facial expressions and body language to convey how uncertain she feels about Minami's transformation instead of overusing thought-bubbles or having her just flat out tell instead of show. You can tell she wants to be closer to her best friend, but is afraid of coming off too strong. Who can't identify with that?

Not just that but having managed to give her that warmth, there was another pitfall in that Minami could've come off as a huge ass if he was insensitive to her. That was avoided too. The idiot clearly cares about other people's feelings, even if he's sometimes a bit oblivious in the heights of his enthusiasm.

I sincerely think we should heed Aereus' request to support the author. This is not a talent that should go ignored.

Don't lie, one of the first things you'll do is to get naked.

it's the only option when you got genderbent

...absolutely.

This series is already cute as fuck.  Keep up the great work!  If you need typesetting help I might be able to help out.

[  ] masturbate

good old gender bender.

Minami is totally fucked. Chiyoko sees an impressionable young mind, weak and doughy... prime for molding into a perfect magical girl. The Slopeā„¢ will not be denied! ;p

Be sure not to let anyone know you joined Chiyoko's club I wish you luck in your endeavor! 

Should have Chapter 2 out tomorrow :)

Much anticipation! :D

Be sure not to let anyone know you joined Chiyoko's club I wish you luck in your endeavor! 

Should have Chapter 2 out tomorrow :)

I remember buying the old version a while ago as an ebook or something. It was not a revolution in gender-bending storytelling or anything, but it was decent, it had its moments, and I didn't regret buying it.

Future spoiler for this version (#13):

Spoiler

Wait, let me do another one (#14):

Spoiler

I read enough and I regret reading 70% of the stuff I had.

Yeah, that sounds pretty low

Villains you say? (Although the story will always keep a rather tight character focus IMHO, so I doubt we'll see large battles like Ultimegil. It's first and foremost SoL comedy)

Spoiler

Ohhhh....i twin drill tail.....Souji gonna drools on this..

Yeah, how I would've done it is spend more of the first chapter establishing Minami and Karin's personalities, history, etc. and then  have the first chapter end with the transformation. That would free up more space for Chiyoko's introduction as well. That said, there is something to be said for the author sharing Minami's level of enthusiasm and getting stuck right into it.

Better for the pacing to go too quickly than for it to drag, at least for most stories. 

It may have been better for him to restructure the beginning a bit more, I suppose. As it stands, Chapter 1 follows the dialogue of the original doujin pretty closely. (Which was in 4koma format) From there, various events from the doujins are spread across other chapters, but the story overall is changed up quite a bit. (IE: The doujins never got around to any sort of villain. They fought against generated monsters and leveled up in RPG fashion kinda.)

I read enough and I regret reading 70% of the stuff I had.

The first chapter should get the attention of the audience, hence it must have something interesting to gather it. This does not, at least for me. I dislike predictable stories and cliche, but I hate even more pandering or plot aspects that exist onl to cater to specific groups or peoples, with no substance. Gender bender? Alright, I don't have anything towards any genre and overall enjoy all of them, even the niche ones like Yaoi and Yuri, but this doesn't click with me. Nothing interesting from a first chapter in this one, and everything else felt exactly pandering, plot devices only for fan-service.

That's fair. If I have any criticisms about the first chapter it's that it left me wanting a bit too. It kinda very much gets down to business -- i.e. exposition "this is the premise" without really establishing any of the characters. I do think calling this pandering fanservice just from what little we've seen is kind of harsh or hyperbolic, though. I usually save that descriptor for anime or manga that is happy to cause the pacing to grind to a complete halt for a character to trip and land in a compromising position on another character's bust/crotch/whatever. I suppose it is accurate to say it "panders" to gender bend fans? But that feels like a slippery slope which suggests an "ideal world" is one where media isn't meant to appeal or target anyone for any reason, which I'd personally find hellish. It's pretty rare for gender bend fans to get any any tasty vittles anyway, so I myself tend to be forgiving of "pandering" to a starved niche.

I tend to judge the first chapter of a story based on whether it has a "good hook" or something unique about it. I'd say that Minami is totally into his newfound ability to turn into a girl (rather than having a complex about it) is pretty cool and stands out. If that doesn't excite you, that's cool. Different strokes for different folks. Hope you find something you like out there soon. :)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics