Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 351votes)

Beastars

Alt Names: alt ビースターズ
Author: Itagaki Paru
Artist: Itagaki Paru
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a world populated by anthropomorphic animals, herbivores and carnivores coexist with each other. For the adolescences of the Cherryton School, school life is filled with hope, romance, distrust, and uneasiness.

The main character is Legosi the wolf, a member of the drama club. Despite his menacing appearance, he has a very gentle heart. Throughout most of his life, he has always been an object of fear and hatred by other animals, and he's been quite accustomed to that lifestyle. But soon, he finds himself becoming more involved with his fellow classmates who have their own share of insecurities and finds his life in school changing slowly.
Go to Beastars Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic alright, so....the murder. who done it? New Window Cautionary_Tale
  • 9 Replies
Topic Beastars Chapter discussions New Window truepurple
  • 11 Replies
Topic Thus, I reviewed Beastars New Window Swifft
  • 3 Replies
Topic So, I need help understanding what the title of Beastar really means New Window angelusalvus
  • 4 Replies
Topic Herbivores, carnivores, the other meanings. appetites, and how it plays out. New Window truepurple
  • 7 Replies
Topic Real nature doesn't work like this. New Window truepurple
  • 7 Replies

783 Comments

The fact that the setting of this manga is a high school, they sure have some very mature kids for high schooler mmm...

NTR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Hm, quite the predicament. Hopefully Legosi eats him.

How refreshingly blunt.

Hm, quite the predicament. Hopefully Legosi eats him.

Really? Considering that character's provocations, it seemed only natural.

Son of a bitch.

Can't wait for Legosi to find out.

This is going to go wrong, too many possible ways for it to happen.

wew, didn't see that one coming

God I love everything about this. The art is stunning, I love the expressiveness and legosi is a sweet little wolf child.

I was actually thinking about the page before that one. the last panel of page 7 of chapter 1. 

Oh, that. Well, Tem's line for "Didn't we always have class together?" is いつも一緒に授業受けてただろ

授業 (jugyou) is the word used for class, which refers to classroom instruction. So yeah, Tem and Carnivore X (or a gray wolf whom Tem tragically mistook as Legosi) were in the same class.

EDIT: Huh, I checked over the first chapter again and on the first page, Tem appeared to be talking to Carnivore X before being assaulted, meaning Tem knew Carnivore X and they were in the same class.

To reiterate, this is the sentence used in the third panel of page 6: https://puu.sh/vKuvF/85a0115c75.jpg

The Japanese sentence is 元から俺たちのことをクラスメイトとしてなんかみちゃいないんだな!?

Also, there's no indication that Tem and Legosi are in the same class or the same year (though it's likely).

"Kurasumeito" can be translated as "schoolmate", though. But hey, there's no clear indication of whether the word could mean classmates or schoolmates. It's all about the context, but the context hasn't been made clear thus far.

I was actually thinking about the page before that one. the last panel of page 7 of chapter 1. 

Tem does say Class mate ( he says クラスメイト)

To reiterate, this is the sentence used in the third panel of page 6: https://puu.sh/vKuvF/85a0115c75.jpg

The Japanese sentence is 元から俺たちのことをクラスメイトとしてなんかみちゃいないんだな!?

Also, there's no indication that Tem and Legosi are in the same class or the same year (though it's likely).

"Kurasumeito" can be translated as "schoolmate", though. But hey, there's no clear indication of whether the word could mean classmates or schoolmates. It's all about the context, but the context hasn't been made clear thus far.

He's a good character. But he's got a dark side we still have to discover the extent of.

Namely, did he kill Tem? Tem says it's a classmate. Maybe it's a translation problem though. It could be a schoolmate.

If Tem was a classmate of Legosi, it can't be Louis who would have gotten too much into role and killed Tem, because Louis's a 3rd year and Legosi is a 2nd year.

Were Legosi and Tem in the same class? Can't remember if it's mentioned, but it seems likely, as they were close friends.

So, Legosi, maybe has a dual personality. Or it's someone else who killed Tem. But who?

I suspect some nuances were lost in the translation of Tem's death words.

Tem does say Class mate ( he says クラスメイト)

I really fell in love with this series. It's so good. The characters are so deep and so relatable and everything in this world is so real and intricate and incredible. And I might be a furry thanks to this series which makes me really uncomfortable but honestly legosi is a good character to be attracted to. Even if he's a wolf.

He's a good character. But he's got a dark side we still have to discover the extent of.

Namely, did he kill Tem? Tem says it's a classmate. Maybe it's a translation problem though. It could be a schoolmate.

If Tem was a classmate of Legosi, it can't be Louis who would have gotten too much into role and killed Tem, because Louis's a 3rd year and Legosi is a 2nd year.

Were Legosi and Tem in the same class? Can't remember if it's mentioned, but it seems likely, as they were close friends.

So, Legosi, maybe has a dual personality. Or it's someone else who killed Tem. But who?

I suspect some nuances were lost in the translation of Tem's death words.

I really fell in love with this series. It's so good. The characters are so deep and so relatable and everything in this world is so real and intricate and incredible. And I might be a furry thanks to this series which makes me really uncomfortable but honestly legosi is a good character to be attracted to. Even if he's a wolf.

This manga is awesome!

I highly like it!

After reading the description, I didn't think I'd like this series that much, but wow am I glad that I read this! The world this manga is set in is so perfect for the reflection on ourselves and the power we carry/don't carry and the responsibility that comes with it - additionally, the depth of the characters and conflicts even within the first 16 chapters are so well handled by the author. Thank you Hot Chocolate Scans for doing this project!!

But what about the murder? Like holy shit man.

Highly likely it will surface in the worst possible moment

So I just noticed that the blood tha represents the murder of Tem has the silhouette of a bunny on it.

Seems like I can't post an image right, if someone can please do it. It's on page 11 of the first chapter.

Rise, rise to the top, Beastars! For you are now one of my fav ongoing mangas and you need some well-deserved attention.

But what about the murder? Like holy shit man.

Where was this my whole life?

You know a manga is good when you put the main character as one of your all time favourite character in less than 20 chapters mmm...

I've read more than 2 thousands manga titles and only special few have many deep characters like this manga, and it's published on a shounen magazine nonetheless mmm...

I'm excited to see where the story will go mmm...

They're all so obsessed with labels and comparing themselves to others. How bout they have a sorta gender revolution thing happen and commission some fursuits of the other animals they feel like (furryception), be themselves, and begin to break down the herbivore-carnivore binary to establish some sorta multidimensional gradient.

I can't believe how interested in this series I am.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics