Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.07 - 106votes)

Takamagahara

Alt Names: alt タカマガハラalt Takama-ga-hara
Author: Kawai Juzou
Artist: Kawai Juzou
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyMartial Arts Martial ArtsSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Inside of every human lie dormant superpowers. Our main characters is one of the 5 yamada brothers, who are known for their brutal strength. Even though his brothers are strong and seek strength, he, Yamato, has no interest in seeking strength. Yamato wants to draw manga. Later on, his normal life will end on that day by him awakening his hidden dormant divine gift.
Go to Takamagahara Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Time Skip New Window Silent44
  • 2 Replies
Topic What do you think? New Window EndlessNight
  • 5 Replies

238 Comments

@KarchAmadeo is it "What the fucking hell did I just see" ? lol :P
then he is going to quit his normal school???
Flying squirrel flies into the room. "Aw how cute". Turns into a gun. "HOLY WTFHDIJS" (if you get the rather odd acronym put together, then I applaud you)
1. Oh god a Lion-Rooster
2. He turns animals....into guns....ok
3. .....I'm kinda indifferent to how this does....
Woah, this is the most generic thing since... well, I cannot think of a more cliched series actually.
this is actually interesting! o/

too bad it's on wsj so it probably won't last more than half a dozen chapters longer.
I can see good potential in this series. I just hope it can capitalize and expand on said potential to meet or surpass my expectations.
@thearux sigh don't force your opinion on other ... some people just like some cliche going on (me)
Been better if he could have just done this
Spoiler
The latest chapter was fairly interesting. Still not sure how long this will last. I like that he fights using his head. It's kind of different. We'll see I guess.
@Graeystone What? Fairy tail is the proof of the end of originality, it must be the manga who recurres to fanservice the most to attract teenagers, also all the nakama punch and the rest? Its all cliche, its a cliche manga since the first chapter, its even worse.
Saracin - If I was mangaka wanting to do a weekly shounen, I'd evade Shueisha publisher (WSJ) like the plague. They have a bad history of forcing mangakas to do things they don't want to do and that more times than not screws up the manga in question. Heck, they lost Battle Angel/Gunnm: Last Order in the sienen magazine because they tried to force the mangaka change a word.

Sure getting published by Shueisha can get a mangaka on the fast track big success faster than normal like with Naruto or One Piece. However if a mangaka isn't careful they'll end up losing control of their creation in the process. Akira almost lost control of Dragonball(Buu Arc) and in my opinion the mangaka of Yu-Gi-Oh did lose control when the focus became all about the card battles.

However Fairy Tail and to a lesser extent History's Strongest Disciple - Kenichi shows that Shueisha isn't the end all of creating a successful manga.
@GasmonH Naruto was decent until the chunnin exams, then it became bad as fuck, and bleach was decent until the end of soul society arc, then they screwed up, now they are shitty mangas, I can't belive they are still going on.
absolutely love this, thanks hope to see more soon :D
I hate to say it, but most series that use a "smart" or "clever" main character who fights with tactics rather than hard work or brute strength tends to lose out in Japan.
I'm going to assume that all of his brothers are different types of shounen heroes who have different approaches to how they fight their enemies....except that all still fight with their fists....
@GasmonH I don't think it has time. It's already in the bottom five of the placements.
Why do people hate this series so much, when Naruto and Bleach started they were pretty boring aswell. Just give this manga sometime, it will improve.
Oh look, an emo sword guy!
Saracin Not exactly. The next actual cancellation isn't until November/Mid-October so this series will be safe till then. And also, though I don't read Takamagahara and Kurogane, Kurogane will evidently survive longer than this as it already has a fanbase (though unstable). Takamagahara was trash from the start, there's really no comparison.
Photo
E.G.O.I.S.T-ing ╥﹏╥
Sep 05 2012 09:48 PM
Now, it's officially One Piece X Aphorism X Ao no Exorcist style
Big school
Everybody have a special power, which made it NOT special. (Kinda like Bleach)
battle after battle...
super shounen mashup?
Only reading to learn how his power works. At this rate it might not be revealed until the final chapter.
Dropped after chapter 3. Too boring.
The hulk guy got f***up.

Funny how he told that girl to move,but she didn't.

Which means she starting to remind me of Orihime in bleach -_-
@thearux: Well, the only reason I read this is for the powers, its an interesting idea, still the shounen-cliche is killing me.
So true. Japanese have a way to fill a manga with cliches it gets pathetic after a while. I'm waiting for that girl to have her powers already and join him just to confirm my cliche senses.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics