Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.1 - 52votes)

My Boyfriend is a Jinyiwei

Alt Names: alt Bạn trai tôi là cẩm y vệalt Wo Nanpiao Shi Jinyiweialt 我男票是锦衣卫alt Мой любимый – Цзиньи-вэйalt حبيبي جينوي
Author: Hong Jun
Artist: Hong Jun
Genres: Drama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: In a modern-day loli's home, a super handsome ancient Jinyiwei falls from the sky! Without parental care, the loli takes him as her closest person and even wants to become his bride?! Though he appears tsundere, cold, and picky on the surface, he finds it harder and harder to let go of her...

Note: Jinyiwei (in English "embroidered military guard") were secret police in China during the Ming dynasty (see Wikipedia for more).
Go to My Boyfriend is a Jinyiwei Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Does this type of child abuse in neglect form really happen regularly? New Window truepurple
  • 5 Replies

55 Comments

You Give her a kiss, peep her body, and she's transforming from Brat loli to became legal busty.
LUCKY BASTARD!!!

Waait a min, one frame she is hiding in cave with some brat, next frame (s)he is a respected teacher of this brat. Feels like a skipped chapter.

You forgot to read narration box "One Month Later"

Waait a min, one frame she is hiding in cave with some brat, next frame (s)he is a respected teacher of this brat. Feels like a skipped chapter.

It does feel that way but it is indeed not missing any chapters

Well she's not a loli anymore so problem solved?

I've read this manhua after that post, and I'm glad she's never been a loli - no gross sexual context situations with 7yo brats.

Aaand now its time for a parade of shoujo cliches, it seems.

You probably should re-read it more carefully, since you certainly misunderstood both the story and author's intent. It wouldnt be such an icon in popular culture if it was merely a book about raping and breaking life of a child.

Those explanations of true meaning behind the book sometimes remind me of 1984's doublethink - you only accept the part of meaning that is appropriate enough to conform with public view on things.

Regardless, premise looks amusing, hope it wont get into endless jokes on sexual themes.

Well she's not a loli anymore so problem solved?

"Lolita" doesn't exist. The original book was about a pathetic ugly child rapist who forced himself on 10 year old girls while pretending the children "tempted him" so he didn't have to own up to his disgusting behavior. If you're going to use the term at least read the original book (or the author's intent, which wasn't "wow I wish I could fuck children, they're so hot and totally asking for it!")

You probably should re-read it more carefully, since you certainly misunderstood both the story and author's intent. It wouldnt be such an icon in popular culture if it was merely a book about raping and breaking life of a child.

Those explanations of true meaning behind the book sometimes remind me of 1984's doublethink - you only accept the part of meaning that is appropriate enough to conform with public view on things.

Regardless, premise looks amusing, hope it wont get into endless jokes on sexual themes.

Age progression woooo.

As I Thought, This Story Key Focused on "Time Travel and Reincarnation Stuff"
Who want Dating 9 Years Old Loli Brat (Probably Me)

That 7 years girl is too big. Need to say 12-14 year old at least. And they did say she has 14 year mental age so give her 14 years so she can marry him next year for happy ending haha.

Like how everyone's just interacting with him. Wonder if the sisters gonna play a bigger role. 

Hmmm.....
Bookmarked Because of Loli, Wait a minute... Did the profile mentioned "Twin"
Wow, Give me revelation @carcar435867 Did her twin sister appeared in future chapter??

Spoiler

Spoiler

But wow, a real "Lolita". Not a fake one like 99,9% of those girls who are called loli but don't have any sexual attraction & aggressive [i.e. seductive] approach towards older men.

"Lolita" doesn't exist. The original book was about a pathetic ugly child rapist who forced himself on 10 year old girls while pretending the children "tempted him" so he didn't have to own up to his disgusting behavior. If you're going to use the term at least read the original book (or the author's intent, which wasn't "wow I wish I could fuck children, they're so hot and totally asking for it!")

Hmmm.....
Wow, Give me revelation @carcar435867 Did her twin sister appeared in future chapter??

Spoiler

I believe her

Spoiler
you can always skim through the original chinese on kuaikan c:

Cute but I wonder if the author has ever seen a 7 year old girl before. 

Hmmm.....

Spoiler

Hi there! I actually DID write a translations notes page but completely forgot to include it in the release, I'm really sorry about it! It will be the first page in the next chapter. Terribly sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

That's good news. I just saw it in chapter 2. You should probably modify the description on this page to include that short summary you had in your notes as well.

Hmmm... can't the author make her at least 12? 7 y.o. just... Hmmm... She doesn't act like that...

Actually, in Aiko Desho and Dangan Honey, the girl even in kindergarten. BUT they act and think just as a kid in kindergarten. Meanwhile in Kure-nai, Murasaki is also 6~7 y.o., but Murasaki led a twisted life, so if she's more mature, I can gulp that. There's also Utako and her sister from 20 mensou ni onegai who were very wise despite one being in kindergarten and other is 1st grade, but... Hmm somehow this one doesn't fit well with me... Such a complex thought process for a 7 y.o.

Whatever, thank you very much Aquarium! Btw, before more people complained even more exaggerated about "Jinyiwei", maybe for now just put what "Jinyiwei" is in manga description

Hi thanks for your concern! Chapter 2 will be up soon along with the translation note that was meant to be included last chapter so hopefully that will quell those complaining about it c:

Please look forward to our next release~

Hmmm... can't the author make her at least 12? 7 y.o. just... Hmmm... She doesn't act like that...

Actually, in Aiko Desho and Dangan Honey, the girl even in kindergarten. BUT they act and think just as a kid in kindergarten. Meanwhile in Kure-nai, Murasaki is also 6~7 y.o., but Murasaki led a twisted life, so if she's more mature, I can gulp that. There's also Utako and her sister from 20 mensou ni onegai who were very wise despite one being in kindergarten and other is 1st grade, but... Hmm somehow this one doesn't fit well with me... Such a complex thought process for a 7 y.o.

Whatever, thank you very much Aquarium! Btw, before more people complained even more exaggerated about "Jinyiwei", maybe for now just put what "Jinyiwei" is in manga description

Paedo much. Good thing this is from China, otherwise people would surely look at it the wrong way (just looking back at how Kodomo no Jikan was percepted).

But wow, a real "Lolita". Not a fake one like 99,9% of those girls who are called loli but don't have any sexual attraction & aggressive [i.e. seductive] approach towards older men.

Btw, noone can be Tsundere and cold at the same time.

Tsun = heavily/overly emotional towards someone

Cold = emotionally cold to someone (i.e. not showing any emotions, this includes rage/anger/aggravation/bewilderment which are often portraited as the main emotions shown by people labled tsundere).

Hi dear just to let you know

Spoiler

Weaksauce.

Who in their right mind leaves a 7 year old alone for a month in their apartment? I doubt even Chinese parents are that irresponsible. I know it's just for plot convenience, but it's a little hard to swallow.

And.. uhhh...romance? With a 7 year old? And a bishonen? Little girl, didn't your parents teach you to be wary of strangers? Does being handsome makes them automatically nice people?

And random time travel?

WTF?

It's a bit early in the manhua, but my suspension of disbelief took a large hit.

And what the hell is a Jinyiwei?

Hi dear just to let you know

Spoiler

as for jinyiwei that will be explained in the translation notes next chapter ^o^ thanks for sticking with us!

For future reference: Anything that is not common knowledge should be explained in Translation Notes. In the case that such terms are in the title or synopsis, a note explaining it within the description itself would be greatly beneficial.

Hi there! I actually DID write a translations notes page but completely forgot to include it in the release, I'm really sorry about it! It will be the first page in the next chapter. Terribly sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Hey guys, re-drawer Kelpie here.
The Jinyiwei are kind-of the ancient Chinese equivalent of the Shinsengumi.  Known as the Embroidered Uniform Guard (or literally translated as the 'brocade-clad guard'), they were around in the late 1300's until the 1600's and were a powerful military group.  Originally royal guards.  Tbh, I don't think you guys would like to see 'Embroidered Uniform Guard' in place of Jinyiwei, it's too long.
In the second chapter I'll get a page up with descriptions and such.  We're both new to translating and scanning so please don't start saying any harsh words.  Any tips would be much appreciated!

For future reference: Anything that is not common knowledge should be explained in Translation Notes. In the case that such terms are in the title or synopsis, a note explaining it within the description itself would be greatly beneficial.

Hey guys, re-drawer Kelpie here.

The Jinyiwei are kind-of the ancient Chinese equivalent of the Shinsengumi.  Known as the Embroidered Uniform Guard (or literally translated as the 'brocade-clad guard'), they were around in the late 1300's until the 1600's and were a powerful military group.  Originally royal guards.  Tbh, I don't think you guys would like to see 'Embroidered Uniform Guard' in place of Jinyiwei, it's too long.

In the second chapter I'll get a page up with descriptions and such.  We're both new to translating and scanning so please don't start saying any harsh words.  Any tips would be much appreciated!

Loli detected.

Followed.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics