Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.26 - 50votes)

Maou Kyoudai

Alt Names: alt 魔王兄弟alt The Devil Brothers
Author: Uuumi
Artist: Uuumi
Genres: Comedy ComedyFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: If you had to defeat frightening "Great Demon King" in a fierce fight...
12 cute "Small Demon Kings" have been born again!!!
The Male hero youth, Byron, has been appointed by God to raise the Devil Brothers in order to bring peace to the world.
The hard fight of chores and raising!
Go to Maou Kyoudai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

124 Comments

all of them, i think

because there is "kyoudai" word in the title, while the term for sister is "shimai" 

Please refrain from bringing language points into a discussion unless you are certain what you are talking about. Kyoudai is a loaded word in Japanese. There are literally half a dozen kanji combinations that all read as kyoudai. One of them even uses the kanji for ane and imouto and means sisters.

In this case kyoudai with these kanji is the most general. It can mean siblings (brothers and sisters) or specifically brothers (since these kanji mean older and younger brother). Except the author specifically wrote out Brothers as an English subtitle. So unless its misused English, we take it at face value. I believe the diakogue also uses the phrase kare to refer to them which is the male pronoun to the female kanojo.

Wonder how many of them are traps...

all of them, i think

because there is "kyoudai" word in the title, while the term for sister is "shimai" 

The real question is... Why is
disappointed that the demons are male? <_< Did they want a harem that badly?

P.S. It's all ouger. :V

simply that they are not gay for not liking a shota char who looks like a loli in a moe manga

Wonder how many of them are traps...

Spoiler

I have the exact same question.

Seriously, these "boys" neither look nor act like boys.

Maybe it's like Valvoga from Makai kingdom; a demon lord is a fusion of a bitchy angel woman, a functionally retarded star dragon, and a giant devil who is about as straight as a circle. Looks cool, but then you hear them talk...

art-012.jpg

Did you blush a lot when you were a pre-pubescent boy?

Well, I started blushing like that only after I fell in love with a girl for the first time (around 5 y.o.), and only towards my love interest (what brings the question below). Other than that I communicated with the peers quite freely even about that kind of themes (I mean, what to become flustered about if you don't have a clue what that actually means).

But, yeah, "shoujo manga" can be explicit reason.

Spoiler

Did you blush a lot when you were a pre-pubescent boy? I know I did. O-o Especially when it came to the taboo word "Sex"

If a boy is brought up without knowing what a "Boy" should act like... Is it the boys fault if he acts like a "girl"?

But "It's a shoujio manga" is probably the best answer... So everything can be waived ad infinitum.

Spoiler

To interject: I just find it odd to have the Demon King be reborn into what looks like a mixed cast of approximately half boys half girls, then claim they're all boys. Especially when the hair colors, styles, and outfits of the chara designs lend themselves to the mixed cast idea.

The only real answer is "because this is a shoujo-genre series" basically. Much like shounen-oriented series heavily lean toward lots of cute/sexy girls, shoujo-oriented series quite often feature cute boys. Inotherwords: Don't think too hard about it.

The real question is... Why is everyone disappointed that the demons are male? <_< Did they want a harem that badly?

isn't that obvious ?

highest demand in otaku world is harem genre ...

2nd is ecchi or loli ...

also, it seems there's other monmusu kindergarten manga ...

but heavily ecchi and seems haven't get translated ...

(can't even know the title since I can't read it)

1. You are massively, sexually, insecure to even think that. You should really question why you read manga/watch anime/fap, and get more fresh air.

2. It's only a "sausage-fest" if you imagine everyone with "Sausages". Most of these "kids" are sub 10~ years old.

3. This is completely sexist, or otherwise.

4. If he just banged the female God; we wouldn't have a manga.

1. I'm stating general reasons why many readers (mostly male readers) are disappointed they are all male so please don't insult me personally. It's fine if you like boys who look like girls, but a lot of readers don't (mostly male readers)

2. 'sausage-fest' is just a slang term for when everyone is a male. I used this term to make a point, I don't 'imagine' their sausages.

3. my post wasn't sexist in any way because I did not objectify or criticize either sex, nor did I state either sex is better than the other. By stating that my non-sexist post is sexist, you give the impression that you are sexist.

4. there are lots of other manga about heroes doing something after saving the world. some heroes also suffer in those mangas, but I do feel especially sorry for a guy who has to raise 12 boys without any tangible reward.

also can you tell me what you meant by 'ouger'?

If you want to continue our debate in detail, I suggest we wait until a third person joins this discussion so it doesn't devolve into an endless back and forth argument.

1. traps make you question your sexuality and make you have a lingering fear of unfortunate possibilities in real life

2. when everyone in a series is a trap it feels like a gay manga even if it's not

3. non-harem slice-of-life manga are okay, but a sausage-fest slice-of-life manga generally sucks (sausage-fests should be reserved for action/battle/sports manga)

4. a nice guy who saved the world really deserves better

what's ouger?

1. You are massively, sexually, insecure to even think that. You should really question why you read manga/watch anime/fap, and get more fresh air.

2. It's only a "sausage-fest" if you imagine everyone with "Sausages". Most of these "kids" are sub 10~ years old.

3. This is completely sexist, or otherwise.

4. If he just banged the female God; we wouldn't have a manga.

The real question is... Why is everyone disappointed that the demons are male? <_< Did they want a harem that badly?

1. traps make you question your sexuality and make you have a lingering fear of unfortunate possibilities in real life

2. when everyone in a series is a trap it feels like a gay manga even if it's not

3. non-harem slice-of-life manga are okay, but a sausage-fest slice-of-life manga generally sucks (sausage-fests should be reserved for action/battle/sports manga)

4. a nice guy who saved the world really deserves better

what's ouger?

Well, if not a harem, then at least some potential waifus to choose from.

Hero Union BBS
https://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/hero-union-bbs-r12956/
It's hilarious.

Thank you kindly.

Would you be able to give the title for this one? Thanks.

Hero Union BBS

https://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/hero-union-bbs-r12956/

It's hilarious.

Would you be able to give the title for this one?

Thanks.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=105574

Btw, the synopsis made me think of this:

Spoiler

Would you be able to give the title for this one?

Thanks.

"Shimai" means sisters but "Kyoudai" can mean either brothers or siblings.

Could've been wrong, but it isn't. :D

In this case it's written with the kanji for "older brother" and "younger brother", so there's no ambiguity.

Btw, the synopsis made me think of this:

Spoiler

That's tree is a good friend.

Ah finally a character with black sclera

Too bad it's a (boy)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) erm....

A story about raising a bunch of boys is fine but, dangit Uuumi, you cant just draw a bunch that look and act like girls and call them boys. That heads directly to creepytown.   

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics