Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.6 - 242votes)

Tensei Shitara Ken deshita

Alt Names: alt 転生したら剣でしたalt I Was a Sword When I Reincarnatedalt 전생했더니 검이었습니다alt Naging Espada Ako sa aking Pangalawang Buhayalt Sword Shishoalt Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita
Author: Tanaka Yu
Artist: Maruyama Tomowo
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasySeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A 30 year old man is struck by a car and dies. When he next awakens he has reincarnated as a magic sentient sword in a fantasy world. He eventually encounters an enslaved catgirl named Fran, whom he helps free, and together they set off for adventure.

-----
Original webcomic: http://denshi-birz.com/tenken/
Go to Tensei Shitara Ken deshita Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Tensei Shitara Kendeshita raw manga New Window YukitoOnline
  • 2 Replies
Topic Tensei Shitara Kendeshita LN New Window Nefrytone
  • 2 Replies

279 Comments

This is great so far. Love the art and characters. Fresh take on the old hero in another world trope. The comedy keeps getting a big laugh out of me.

Just hope it moves forward with a quality story.

195,000 gold coins?  Assuming it is not too different from medieval coins that's a LOT of very heavy gold to carry.

- snip -

195,000 gold, not gold coins. Think of gold as the name of a currency, like USD. One gold coin could be worth 100 gold, or whatever.

Spoiler

Ch 3 Pg 12 supports this notion, though probably at a much higher conversion rate.  It's also worth noting that pure gold is incredibly soft and malleable, and sucks in its pure form as a form of durable currency.

Utility builds
You don't need high damage if you can ice barrage an opponent 30 times a minute

Classic example: Persona
Yoshitsune with Hasso Tobi; the right passives, and charge

Reminds me of Tales of Destiny. Loot weapons are stronger... until you level up. And that the spells are also bound to the swords.

http://vatoto.com/reader#708a5788742a7cfd_9

the MC (sword) has indeed lower atk because its an evolution weapon. as a rank 1 weapon you can consider it on par with steel weapons. by consuming crystel it will recieve crystal xp which will cause rank ups resulting in higher stats

why is MC(sword) ATK lower than normal weapons?

Utility builds
You don't need high damage if you can ice barrage an opponent 30 times a minute

He can probably also level his ATK with the crystals he eats, but because he assumed he was already super-powerful he instead spent all his levels raising Resista-Random Skills instead of leveling his STR.

At least he didn't Level DEX.

Maybe so they can give him room for growth

if excalibur is actually helpful the manga

10/10 will protect that smile

A sword? truck-kun? isekai? BRUH! id rather not

Just found this today. Super not disappointed. Insta-follow.

better than the "I reincarnated Into a Vending Machine" LN

This. I want to know what the author was smoking when he wrote that

195,000 gold coins?  Assuming it is not too different from medieval coins that's a LOT of very heavy gold to carry.

I see what look like European coins and Japans koban / ryō coins. Assuming Europeans coins were 5-6g and ryō were ~16g, and this world's currency isn't too dissimilar/debased compared to Earth she has between 1.5 to 3.5 TONS of gold.  Not bad given that she can liftit and that the bag doesn't rip from the weight.

3.5 tons of gold would fit in a cube with sides 56.5 cm long. I'm unsure about perspective, but it's possible that "gold" is just a unit used in their currency and that individual coins could be worth more than 1 gold or could be made of substances other than gold. According to chapter 3, 224 gold is about how much is necessary to stay at an inn for a night. That's over 1 kg of gold if we assume 5 gram coins being worth 1 gold. I don't think a typical traveler could carry that much weight.

I see what look like European coins and Japans koban / ryō coins. Assuming Europeans coins were 5-6g and ryō were ~16g, and this world's currency isn't too dissimilar/debased compared to Earth she has between 1.5 to 3.5 TONS of gold.  Not bad given that she can liftit and that the bag doesn't rip from the weight.

195,000 gold, not gold coins. Think of gold as the name of a currency, like USD. One gold coin could be worth 100 gold, or whatever.

better than the "Reincarnated as Hot Spring" LN

better than the "I reincarnated Into a Vending Machine" LN

Template thugs lol

(Not complaining only commenting btw)

better than the "Reincarnated as Hot Spring" LN

That something new again in isekai genre.

I love this manga. Best isekaii manga 2017

Edit: And no, I'm not biased because of the loli. I'm biased because magical moving swords are my fucking fetish. And yes, the loli :P

Well, we don't know what clerks are thinking in these games, which makes her inner monologue even more funny.

The only game I really remember being able to read NPC's minds was Golden Sun, but I'm sure there were others.

It makes sense if you think about it. They're forced to buy all sorts of random crap from adventurers who think they're the hot shit and no one ever buys the stuff they sell. I would be pissed too.

giphy.gif

This is so adorable!

Nh

"Nh, did I pass?"
[Terminator 2-style thumbs-up.]

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics