Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.17 - 446votes)

Kenja no Mago

Alt Names: alt 賢者の孫alt 贤者之孙alt 현자의 손자alt Magi's grandson
Author: Yoshioka Tsuyoshi
Artist: Shunsuke Ogata
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Thanks to various magic, the human race has been saved from calamity many, many times. Retaining his memories from his previous life, a boy, Shin, was picked up by an old man known to the world as the "Magi."

Shin was brought up by the Magi, who had retired to a secular place, as his own grandson. With the memories of his past life, he absorbed the Magi's craft and grew to be able to develop his own magic.

Then, the grandfather told him he has to become independent when he reaches the age of 15.

"Ah, I forgot to teach him common sense."

The grandson who has grown beyond the level of normal people, lacked common sense; the common sense of the world. So to learn how to socialize, he goes to Earlshide Kingdom City to be admitted to Earlshide Advanced Magic Academy.

RAWS: https://web-ace.jp/youngaceup/contents/1000015/
Go to Kenja no Mago Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Manga Raws New Window YukitoOnline
  • 0 Replies
Topic Web Novel translation New Window Starbuck
  • 3 Replies

782 Comments

When i think about it, it was never made sense how a rune made of our world's letters works fine in a fantasy world where that said letters wasn't even supposed to exist. Will there any explanation in the novel on why Kanji works as runes in that fantasy world when nobody but MC doesn't even know about it?
Cuz, it was always my assumptions that magic runes work by either channelling every person's believes and knowledges about said runes (Power of Faith), or by channelling the power from a being of higher plane-existence that acknowledges said runes as somekind of password to borrow its power (Power of Deity)

IIRC, it was because the power for the runes (and magic in general) is based on the understanding of the one who creates the magic. With a more solid picture in mind, a more detailed magic can be imbued.

I like the light novel for this one, tho there's nothing crazy, just chillin and a bit of romance

meanwhile there's a webnovel i saw that begins with - truck crashed not to mc - but horses came out and trampled mc to death

in "The man picked up by the gods" the MC sneezed himself then got reincarnated, read it if you like slimes :)

MidoriKitzune
Jun 03 2016 11:45 PM

That look. He's given up xD..... on him...

This manga is not even up yet on MAL, somebody set it up? 

I guess I have check on light novel.

i wrote harem tough.

Not at the time when i hit quote.

and aqua shenanigans certainly makes haram very applicable

The mc should do three things:

1. get a wand and engrave "Summon Truck-san" on it

2. Enchant his clothes with "Plot Armour"

3. get some sort of accessory and engrave "Oniisama Perk" on it

you forgot 'get a rope with "convenient plothole" on it.'

lol that's one way to put it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haram

i wrote harem tough.

He made a HF blade in a magical world ...

I like the light novel for this one, tho there's nothing crazy, just chillin and a bit of romance

Great, now you're giving me an image of a truck doing a 270 degree spin drift just so it can send the MC straight to the worm hole when the truck hit him/her.

meanwhile there's a webnovel i saw that begins with - truck crashed not to mc - but horses came out and trampled mc to death

Strange, i didn't know a truck could only move in a straight line, sorry about that...

Great, now you're giving me an image of a truck doing a 270 degree spin drift just so it can send the MC straight to the worm hole when the truck hit him/her.

Spoiler

To the Novel readers, may i ask something?

Spoiler

Thanks in advance!

Wait a minute, if the Truck came out of the wormhole, how the hell it can crash-send the MC back to where it came from?!

Is a story setting where the MC is reincarnated into his/her own world, not to any other world, but very far into the future to the point Earth is in the glorious age of Science Fiction Fantasy has ever been done before?

Spoiler

Strange, i didn't know a truck could only move in a straight line, sorry about that...

Don't read the below text if you don't want to be spoiled for some future parts of the story:

Spoiler

Hope that helps.

Aha, that info manages to arouse my interest, thank you, i shall wait for future chapters!

Still, i must say that reminds me of Word Master... Tch, Japan and their over-the-top styled letters! :P

When i think about it, it was never made sense how a rune made of our world's letters works fine in a fantasy world where that said letters wasn't even supposed to exist. Will there any explanation in the novel on why Kanji works as runes in that fantasy world when nobody but MC doesn't even know about it?

Cuz, it was always my assumptions that magic runes work by either channelling every person's believes and knowledges about said runes (Power of Faith), or by channelling the power from a being of higher plane-existence that acknowledges said runes as somekind of password to borrow its power (Power of Deity)

The prologue to Ovallord is written from Truck-senpai's perspective: http://skythewoodtl.com/ovallord/

Realizing that name in itself is a pun for "Overlord" already making me facepalm. :D

Pardon this impertinent comment of mine but is the "runes" in english or japanese? because I feel it would look cooler if it's shown in japanese characters. a bit of editors/translators side comment showing what it means is enough to show what it is shown. It should take less time editing those pictures too.

BUT this is only my small wish, no need to actually follow it. I am thankful enough that you translated this manga.

it's actually in kanji according to LN, but i like the english translations better than the LN version! for example: LN's translation on the sword's runes only explained about it being vibrating air, thus calling it vibration sword. here in the manga the runes translated as hypersonic vibration which for me sounds better

Poor bear. :

Spoiler

Thanks in advance!

Wait a minute, if the Truck came out of the wormhole, how the hell it can crash-send the MC back to where it came from?!

Is a story setting where the MC is reincarnated into his/her own world, not to any other world, but very far into the future to the point Earth is in the glorious age of Science Fiction Fantasy has ever been done before?

Spoiler

One important point that hasn't been answered for your question, correctly. MC has common sense from Earth, but doesn't use it because magic.

Also, it seems that Truck-san erases his presence from the memories of his victims/clients, meaning this isn't random, these were all premeditated murders. We should all be afraid, we don't know when he's coming, and people don't remember where he's been...

He taught him all the cool stuff but forgot to teach him the most important thing of all: Common sense.

what is that ?? can i eat that ??

Pardon this impertinent comment of mine but is the "runes" in english or japanese? because I feel it would look cooler if it's shown in japanese characters. a bit of editors/translators side comment showing what it means is enough to show what it is shown. It should take less time editing those pictures too.

BUT this is only my small wish, no need to actually follow it. I am thankful enough that you translated this manga.

I don't know why but grampa reminds me of Askeladd from Vinland Saga.

That cover looks like Asterisk art style.

there he is. . .

freak as always. . .

I think it would have looked better if the translator leave the rune as Kanji and put a translation note on the side. Moonrunes FTW

The mc should do three things:

1. get a wand and engrave "Summon Truck-san" on it

2. Enchant his clothes with "Plot Armour"

3. get some sort of accessory and engrave "Oniisama Perk" on it

Why pass such a wonderfull haram up?

lol that's one way to put it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haram

He taught him all the cool stuff but forgot to teach him the most important thing of all: Common sense.

Why pass such a wonderfull haram up?

Or explosion magics

Spoiler

Thanks in advance!

Don't read the below text if you don't want to be spoiled for some future parts of the story:

Spoiler

Hope that helps.

I swear we need a manga dedicated to Truck-san's daily life as he does his unlikely secret job as the Inter-Dimensional World Reincarnator.

The prologue to Ovallord is written from Truck-senpai's perspective: http://skythewoodtl.com/ovallord/

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics