Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.28 - 96votes)

I want to be normal

Alt Names: alt ふつうになりたいalt Futsuu ni Naritaialt Quiero ser normalalt 普通になりたい
Author: Canaria
Artist: Canaria
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of LifeWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Fukatsu Michitaka, a boy who just became a high school student, can't differentiate people at all because of his prosopagnosia (Face blindness). However one day he runs into a girl whose face looks completely different than the rest. So in order to cure his illness and accomplish his dream of becoming "normal," he starts to get close to her.
Go to I want to be normal Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Manga raws New Window YukitoOnline
  • 0 Replies
Topic Prosopagnosia New Window Solistia
  • 11 Replies

163 Comments

There was this game, where mc had seen everybody as jelly-like monsters. Except the real monster, which looked for him like human girl(all other people would go mad by seeing it). 

Saya no Uta? Interesting comparison, although disgusting xD

Don't worry guys, all the questions will be answered in the following chapters. I personally don't think he has prosopagnosia, the doctor was the one who said that. If you look carefully at the end of Ch.1, the person he saw around the corner had an egg-like face but after they bumped he was able to see her real face, why? I still don't know. But It could be something psychological? or maybe he has to crack them eggs to see their real faces? We'll see. (this isn't a spoiler, it's my own opinion in the matter.)

There was this game, where mc had seen everybody as jelly-like monsters. Except the real monster, which looked for him like human girl(all other people would go mad by seeing it). 

Oh, perhaps you meant the theme with how he can recognize only the girl?

I have mild face-blindness, but I can always remember my wife's face and recognize her in a crowd.

It sounds a bit like "One-week Friends", in which a girl forgets all of the people she encounters at school every weekend. I'll have to read this.

but... that's not even how face blindness works... oh well.

Then how it actually works? Kinda curious since you mentioned it and from wiki it's more or less the quite the same, though I do take the 'egg face' visualization more of metaphore and to ease readers to get into the theme. Oh, perhaps you meant the theme with how he can recognize only the girl?

EDIT: nevermind, I've read Solistia's post on thread above. It's possible but indeed the girl only part is rather fantasy to fit in romance I bet...

but... that's not even how face blindness works... oh well.
I will have to see how this progresses, since the 50 kids thing is a strange element to introduce that makes me wonder if this might introduce more of a mystery element later on rather than focusing on how the protagonists deal with their issues. (I kinda understand what they were going for with the 50 kids thing, but the numbers seem so exaggerated that it feels a bit jarring when compared to the rest of ch.1.)

LOLWHUT mmm...~?

It's interesting though, so followed mmm...

Interesting 

Following

"I want to draw a high school romance but can't be arsed to draw everyone's faces"

Its definitely different. Interesting enough to keep reading :)

This seems the kind of manga that Nozaki would draw

Anyway, the premise is interesting. Thanks for translating this :)

That Tanuki-yaro!!

This seems the kind of manga that Nozaki would draw

Anyway, the premise is interesting. Thanks for translating this :)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics