Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 184votes)

Chichi to Hige-Gorilla to Watashi

Alt Names: alt Chichi to Higegorira to Watashialt 父とヒゲゴリラと私alt Dad, the Beard Gorilla and Ialt Dad, the Bearded Gorilla, and Ialt Gojuan, eg Lombobo ana Dwaalt Papá, el Gorila Barbudo, y Yo
Author: Koike Sadaji
Artist: Koike Sadaji
Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaComedy ComedyRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After losing her mother to a tragic accident, 6-year old tomboy, Michiru, finds a suspicious person moving into her precious home: her dad’s giant younger brother Kouji, the “Beard Gorilla”. While awkward at first, it doesn’t take long for the two to develop a familiar bond that looks more like that of a brother and a sister, than that of niece & uncle.
Go to Chichi to Hige-Gorilla to Watashi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Released chapter discussion: Dad, the Beard Gorilla and I New Window truepurple
  • 2 Replies

243 Comments

riADEjM.jpg

First my pancreas... Now my heart...

When will Terry and Beard Gorilla become friends though.

ACKNOWLEDGE IT

!!!!!!!!!!!

So is there a ship ready for the new teachers to sail?

Looks like it. At least some ship tease.
It was wildly unexpected though, and contributes nothing to the plot except fleshing Terry-sensei a bit.
I'd rather have more gorilla romance.

So is there a ship ready for the new teachers to sail?

Chapter 69 completely destroyed me.

This series better last all the way until Michiru graduates high school

Chapter 342, Michiru will be in high school and get herself a boufriend.
I can already imagine her dad, the gorilla and every. Single. Reader going all "nooo you don't deserve her she's too good for you you dirty brat" on the wannabe boufriend

Comedy moment
Story moment
Cute moment
Comedy moment
Story moment
PUNCH IN THE GUT REMEMBERING HER MOM MOMENT
Cute moment

Let me correct myself:
It's DIRECT HANDGRENADE IN THE FEELS moment
This chapter never fails to make me cry with each chapter.

Spoiler

This series better last all the way until Michiru graduates high school

You mean like how you're reading a light 4-koma comedy and then suddenly there's either cheap emotional jab or G.I. Joe-level moralizing out of nowhere that completely ruins it?

Yeah screw series being multidimensional and able to handle loss and grief in a realistic but still lighthearted way. BRING THEM GAGS!

You mean like how you're reading a light 4-koma comedy and then suddenly there's either cheap emotional jab or G.I. Joe-level moralizing out of nowhere that completely ruins it?

What manga are you referring to? Not this one right? Since at the very beginning we knew it was about a younger brother moving in with his brother and niece as they are dealing with the loss of his sister-in-law?

Chapter 69 is a real tearjerker with a lot of feels.

Love how this author balances comedy and story progression almost so naturally.

Spoiler

This chapter bring me tears

Spoiler

Love how this author balances comedy and story progression almost so naturally. It's great.
Every moment can be both serious and heart warming with a pinch of comedy

Comedy moment
Story moment
Cute moment
Comedy moment
Story moment
PUNCH IN THE GUT REMEMBERING HER MOM MOMENT
Cute moment

They were probably a bitch to draw.

Also wait, weren't they supposed to be in grade school now? Or did that not happen yet

for as far as i know, kindergarten in japan is 2 years. for 4-5 y/o kids. and graduation happened late winter

Love how this author balances comedy and story progression almost so naturally. It's great. Every moment can be both serious and heart warming with a pinch of comedy

NO NOT THE PRINCESS CURLS

They were probably a bitch to draw.

Also wait, weren't they supposed to be in grade school now? Or did that not happen yet

NO NOT THE PRINCESS CURLS

Can't say I know much about the stories myself, but it could just be a matter of the kids mixing things up. Looked up Momotaro on Wikipedia, saw nothing about sumo there, suggests looking at Kintaro, sumo is there.

You and truepurple have missed the point. No one says that there's sumo in the Momotaro story, they say that Michiru is the best choice to play Momotaro because she's stronger than the boys in the class.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics