Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 69votes)

Diamond no Ace Act II

Alt Names: alt Ace of Diamond act IIalt As berlian ayat IIalt as de diamantes acto IIalt ダイヤのA act IIalt Daiya no Ace act II
Author: Terajima Yuuji
Artist: Terajima Yuuji
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Sequel to Diamond no Ace.

Related:

Diamond no Ace (Prequel)
( http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/diamond-no-ace-r1737 )

Diamond no Brass!! (Spin-off)
( http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/diamond-no-brass-r20226 )
Go to Diamond no Ace Act II Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Spoiler discussion thread New Window GodamfireV
  • 771 Replies
Topic Chapter discussion forum New Window jordanm
  • 6 Replies

200 Comments

I'm digging this last chapter. Feels like we got an update of Sawamura's level of skill and or direction.

I took sawamura in round 4 of my diamond no ace fantasy league. Significantly disappointed so far.

Am I the only one waiting on Sawamura to play............

Spoiler

I'm digging this last chapter. Feels like we got an update of Sawamura's level of skill and or direction.

I don't understand why having Sawamura on the same team makes Furuya lucky. Someone have any ideas? 

It's a pretty mean thing to say, if you think about it. It means Miyuki has very little expectation that Sawamura will ever usurp Furuya's ace number, rather, Furuya is fortunate to have Sawamura as his eternal back-up boy. He may provide motivation as a rival, but he's not a real threat. Lucky Furuya!

I don't understand why having Sawamura on the same team makes Furuya lucky. Someone have any ideas? 

He has a rival on his own team, which gives him even more motivation to get better because he has to keep the ace spot, along with beating other teams. Also their styles are totally different, with Sawamura now depending on control, which is the opposite of Furuya (power). It keeps him on his toes and also helps him learn.

Cover 03!!

51XEtWxJ4KL.jpg

You're not the only one, actually. The problem with the usual routine is that there's almost little to no development after the main character has achieved their goal. It usually resorts to forcing the team to lose in future matches or adding unnecessary elements for continuous development.

Just seems that way when I skimmed MAL and reddit lol

May not sit well with everyone but I sure think DnA is delivering something different. Same reason I love Slam dunk, stopped where it needed to, MC achieving everything isn't what makes a manga fulfilling or good.

We have drops in form here, as in the players are really crap for the whole matches. Not the play bad but will surely pull some miracles out of their asses to turn the table. Gotta say I love that.

Am I the only one ok with, or rather find it interesting that Sawamura is still struggling to even have a shot at the ace position, rather than the usual routine of "yay, I train hard, I'm the star of show" like many other sports manga?

You're not the only one, actually. The problem with the usual routine is that there's almost little to no development after the main character has achieved their goal. It usually resorts to forcing the team to lose in future matches or adding unnecessary elements for continuous development.

Am I the only one ok with, or rather find it interesting that Sawamura is still struggling to even have a shot at the ace position, rather than the usual routine of "yay, I train hard, I'm the star of show" like many other sports manga?

It feels like he has more pressure to make more content because of the anime... I imagine it's gonna end right at the end of Act I, but who knows if he wants them to continue with shorter seasons as sequels. I agree though about the pace

I'd say it's more like being more effective in storytelling? I mean, of course we'd like more thorough face-offs, but I remember a lot of "impact" 1-on-1 close up shots when you just see the character's distressed face, so I suppose it does happen in-between but we gain more speed now. It used to be very shounen-like with battles over the top, but now it gets rimmed down, everyone is interacting with each other a lot more instead of going in a group shot (like, Sawamura with the kohais) and personally I really like it.

Welp, it still would be awesome if we still get the awesome battles, though.

Who is the other guy in the dining room, Koshuu, Asada, and Sawamura, but then theres one more guy.

Probably the injured guy who couldn't come in time because of a leg fracture who was mentioned by Rei in chapter 12 pg. 12.

Who is the other guy in the dining room, Koshuu, Asada, and Sawamura, but then theres one more guy.

Man, the author is rushing through a lot of matches, if this was part 1, we would see most of these matches in full.

It feels like he has more pressure to make more content because of the anime... I imagine it's gonna end right at the end of Act I, but who knows if he wants them to continue with shorter seasons as sequels. I agree though about the pace

Goddammit I'm holy excited seeing the entrance of the new student. Like, literally excited... Damn damn damn cant wait the time they'll play 

Cover 02!! \õ

51%2BRKgph4YL.jpg

OMG LESS Furuya more Sawamura =.=  im getting so pist off that sawamura is always getting put on the sideline for this guy . I never really liked Furuya's in the first place and the only games i really enjoy reading or seeing are the one with sawamura and miyuki . I really hope act 2 is gonna be more around Sawamura . im just tired of feeling like Sawamura is getting use when he is really good too. about time someone give him credit where its due .

All Hail the KING.

Man, the author is rushing through a lot of matches, if this was part 1, we would see most of these matches in full.

That's the first time i feel like Sawamura can become the ace of this team. =D

were... is..... CHAPTER 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the scanlators' site

were... is..... CHAPTER 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh what a suprise Furuya is even perfect at batting and "gasp" we even see support character eijun.

Spoiler

Thats why I’m hoping that Koushou and Sawamura would form a Battery. He’s the complete opposite of Sawamura and would make a good foil for him.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics