Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 256votes)

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Alt Names: alt Blade of Demon Destructionalt Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaibaalt 鬼灭之刃alt 鬼滅の刃alt 귀멸의 칼날
Author: Gotouge Koyoharu
Artist: Gotouge Koyoharu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tanjiro is the eldest son in a family that has lost its father. Tanjiro visits another town one day to sell charcoal, but ends up staying the night at someone else's house instead of going home because of a rumor about a demon that stalks a nearby mountain at night. When he goes home the next day, tragedy is waiting for him.
Go to Kimetsu no Yaiba Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic like the story and concept, but.... New Window makuta2
  • 1 Replies
Topic We love him because he says we aren't trash New Window truepurple
  • 4 Replies
Topic Released chapter discussion, Kimetsu no Yaiba New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chapter 72 New Window hunterxhuntard
  • 0 Replies
Topic I reviewed chapter 71 of Kimestu no Yaiba New Window hunterxhuntard
  • 0 Replies
Topic What I'd want to say to manga bad guy logic. New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies

738 Comments

I hope they saved the boy wrapped in the cocoon 

She will. She is just waiting for his clothes to be dissolved.

You were right about that part. ;)

She will. She is just waiting for his clothes to be dissolved.

https://www.shonenjump.com/j/sp_kimetsu/

Jump made a webpage for it.

Thanks for the info.

https://www.shonenjump.com/j/sp_kimetsu/

Jump made a webpage for it.

Hey, crazy insect lady! How, about acting along and making her release that comrade of yours, before you kill her?

I just noticed, but her eyes are ever so slightly honeycombed, like an insect. It's terrifying and I love the design.

Scary.

I like her.

cute and sadistic perfect conbination! :lmao: The butterfly girl is frighteningly cute D:

thanks for release~

There are Waifu for so many fetishes in this series.

More seriously, that was quite an interesting chapter.

Spoiler

cute and sadistic perfect conbination! :lmao: The butterfly girl is frighteningly cute D:

thanks for release~

Now I feel sorry for the momma spider. She was such a cutie too before the spider makeover.

Oh shit. Did anyone catch that the earrings is what the big bad villain recognized the kid by, the ones his father gave him? So that means his father was a demon hunter too, and he and his sister inherited his blood/technique of the fire god in some way. 

I noticed it, Tanjiro and his dad also share that forehead burn.

And Mizuko finally got out of "Zombie Mode", wonder what she will say/do to Zenitsu...

Oh shit. Did anyone catch that the earrings is what the big bad villain recognized the kid by, the ones his father gave him? So that means his father was a demon hunter too, and he and his sister inherited his blood/technique of the fire god in some way. 

I caught that on my second readthrough of the series. It makes the events of Chapter 40 less of an asspull; which is a good thing. Though even without knowing it, I was perfectly fine with the chapter.

This chapter amazes me mainly because of 3 things:

1) The 'power up' turned out to be a technique Tanjiro learned from his dad that took place so long ago he needed a near death experience to remember it. Though it did come out of nowhere.

2) Even with his new technique, he could only match the spider in strength. To overpower him/her, he still needed Nezuko to bail him out.

3) They won by sheer and utter luck, despite being clearly overmatched. If there was no blood on the blade, that head would probably not have come off.

And yet this manga is always middling at best in Japan Shonen Jump.

This is some solid shounen action right here. Even if the genre has pretty much gone to shit, this is a fucking diamond.

Huh I always thought his mask was brown-ish

oh nvm, the poor scan quality messed up the colors

I have seen fujoshi shipping those two already so this will only boost that.

Hope you're right, it really needs a boost

Spoiler

Volume 4 cover, Poor Quality.

I have seen fujoshi shipping those two already so this will only boost that.

This one is an underrated gem. It ranks between 7 and 10 in WSJ, a bit below average which is a shame.

Spoiler

Huh I always thought his mask was brown-ish

Spoiler

It's so easy to forget this is a shounen running in JUMP. it looks and feels distinct, at least from modern stuff. The part that makes it feel so unusual, I think, is how it doesn't pause for long on laid-back character moments and messing around. Yet, it doesn't lack humour (or it would be dull, haha). So much skipping of time and using textboxes! I expected a lot of scenes of introducing the other new hunters when Tanjirou went to become one but instead he did a thing and went home haha~

anyway, i like it.

now, i wonder what the significance of that forehead scar is.

ohhh im so looking forward to the next chapter! 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics