Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.89 - 35votes)

Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: One Poker Hen

Alt Names: alt 賭博堕天録カイジ ワン・ポーカー編alt Kaiji Part 5alt Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji - One Poker Arc
Author: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
Artist: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A continuation of Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: Kazuya-Hen. With new allies Chang and Mario, it's finally time for Kaiji to wager his 400 Million Yen against the son of Chairman Hyoudou, Kazuya! The gamble's name is One Poker... but what kind of poker is that?!

***Please Note***
The Kaiji series as of now is divided into 5 parts, and this is the 5th of those parts. The series follows this order:

Part 1: Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji (Has an Anime Adaptation, but Manga is not fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-mokushiroku-kaiji-r1874

Part 2: Tobaku Hakairoku Kaiji (Has an Anime Adaptation, and Manga is fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-hakairoku-kaiji-r5071

Part 3: Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji (Not yet animated, Manga is fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-r923

Part 4: Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji - Kazuya-hen (Not yet animated, Manga is fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-kazuya-hen-r7381

Part 5: Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: One Poker Hen (Not yet animated, Manga is being translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-one-poker-hen-r14151
Go to Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: One Poker Hen Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Sonickrazy is the nigga (and the rest of the group) New Window Nightray1
  • 3 Replies

207 Comments

Why would he do that ?
this poker arc feels weird . 
usually kaiji looses , cries , and suffers before he wins and flip things to his side . 
I feel like he will win this one and before he leaves president hyuodo will arrive and challenge him to a bet

It coulad also possibly that Kaiji will make a mistake and fell down into a pit of despair. A pit that he'll escape in the last volumes of the series. Start good, make it bad, make it worse, make it worst, then score the good ending. You know, a typical story arc.

Kaiji probably played his 6.

Why would he do that ?
this poker arc feels weird . 
usually kaiji looses , cries , and suffers before he wins and flip things to his side . 
I feel like he will win this one and before he leaves president hyuodo will arrive and challenge him to a bet

Kaiji probably played his 6.

As good as it is, it seems it will be 10 volumes of pretty much the same, unless Kazuya ends up pressing a button to make it rigged.

That, or Kaiji's hubris is going to be his undoing. Sort of like Oedipus, but because being Kaiji is suffering, his fate will probably turn out to be a whole lot worse than the mere patricide, incest, and eye-gouging Oedipus had to deal with.

As good as it is, it seems it will be 10 volumes of pretty much the same, unless Kazuya ends up pressing a button to make it rigged.

is he stupid? there would be absolutely no reason to play an ace in that scenario where your opponent has 2 down cards.

the only legitimate answer is if both his starting cards were aces.

Dude, he's just cocky

That's all

...aaaand Erahgon was right, kukin was wrong :P

Never underestimate Fukumoto's ways of logic.

Luckily, Kaiji still has a 2!

But yeah, this situation makes the most sense....

Curse of the pocket rockets. The scoreboard really is a big deal, anytime anyone folds you'll know whether you've been bluffed or not. I don't think card counting is any use with 8 decks given how effectively short-stacked they are. it should be over within 20 turns.

So, I was reading through the rules of the game and:

http://vatoto.com/reader#84de4ae491da95c2_26

Here, Kazuya clearly states that the used cards are mucked after a game. This probably means that the used cards become unavalible for any of the following games. Kazuya was shocked after getting 2 aces for two reasons then: 1) because it was a (mostly) sure-win game and he could have forced Kaiji to bet more, and 2) because he'd HAVE to get rid of an ace, decreasing his chances of getting one by 1/4 and also minimally decreasing his chances of getting an up card. Meanwhile, by using down cards, Kaiji is increasing his own chances at getting an up card.

Following this reasoning, the reason Kazuya used a down card despite also having an up card during the second match was probably because he didn't want to waste that up card (maybe it was another ace, who knows). Of course, there's probably something more to it: maybe the machine divides the deck in half and starts dealing both players that way, making the stock of cards actually quite limited, or maybe there's a hidden reason that would make Kazuya believe his duel would last more than a couple of rounds. Still, that's my theory right now.

If the cards are not shuffled every turn, I think Kazuya can manipulate the game by counting the cards. With prior practice, it would be easy to count the cards as the game is set up for it for example the scoreboard tells you what were the played cards, the scanner detects the estimated value of the cards, and the machine just swipes a card from the deck to the player. Of course, I am just speculating about this.

Better play that two, Kaiji.

Kaiji forgot to consider that being Kaiji is suffering.

Sophia: I love the zawa zawa feeling I get from this guy, Kaiji

Why did Kazuya play a three? Didn't he have an Up card as well?

Could be that the other card is another ace or still a very high face figure and is intentionally keeping it to play against (and crush) an up card.

Or he is not playing to win but to manipulate Kaiji somehow.

Why did Kazuya play a three? Didn't he have an Up card as well?

When are they going to notice the hole at the end of the rails where it looks like someone is going to fall to their demise.

I bet there's something else to the game, some sort of secret mechanism. I mean, Kazuya seemed to be pretty depressed at first, even though he got 2 up cards, one of them even being an ace...

welp, i didnt see that coming. based fukumoto as usual

is he stupid? there would be absolutely no reason to play an ace in that scenario where your opponent has 2 down cards.

Dude, he's just cocky

That's all

wonder why he let kaiji win, its weird. or he always goes with the strongest card and thought that kaiji wouldn't have a 2.

anyway if he cheating kaiji doesn't have a chance anyway even if he wins 1 round, unless he finds a way to cheat too:)

"there's no way kazuya will ever cheat! i trust him!" 

well that opinion lasted 

the 2 beats an ace. Kazuya likely has an ace and will probably lose to kaiji. .

kazuya will likely accept if kaiji bets those two before his own as it will confirm his opinion kaiji is a hypocrite

If Kaiji decides to use his pals as playing chips, wouldn't Kazuya technically be able to do the same thing with the black suits? That'd make this match eternal, I mean, blacksuits are like, infinite, he's never gonna run out of those.

hmm if kazuya acepts kaiji life and those other 2, doesn't mean kaiji would do the same(kaiji only wants to win money). kazuya would probaly acept them cus he is not realy after money. 

kaiji did something similiar in the past when he puted his fingers for an other chance if i remember correctly.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics