Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 396votes)

Ninja Shinobu-san no Junjou

Alt Names: alt 忍者忍同学的纯情alt 忍者シノブさんの純情alt Ninja Shinobu-chan no Junjoualt Shinobu's Pure Heart
Author: Yuzuchiri
Artist: Yuzuchiri
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A slice-of-life series about a girl named Shinobu, who is perfectly normal and most definitely not a ninja.
Go to Ninja Shinobu-san no Junjou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Criminal Activity New Window Granitefish
  • 5 Replies

566 Comments

'MC is plain, MC is not unique, MC is a wimp'

this is a slice of life story, the fck do u people want? Him being a secret FBI agent or something? Is it that hard to read the tags? or understand the premise? 

Crime 1: Too many ships at once, dammit

Crime 2: Holding hands in open spaces, which is against the Lewd Act of 2012

Crime 3: Emotionally manipulative recruitment tactic

Starting/implying a little boy/little girl ship is unfair to my heart.

Takuma sure is a great wingman, though

I always want a subverted one where the childhood friend... is a lesbian and thusly has NO INTEREST IN THE MC AT ALL EVER. Just friends. Because yeah so tired of the love triangle childhood friend route.

Ya but we know how that goes.
maxresdefault.jpg

Shinobu should better get together with Boruto.

I always want a subverted one where the childhood friend... is a lesbian and thusly has NO INTEREST IN THE MC AT ALL EVER. Just friends. Because yeah so tired of the love triangle childhood friend route.

You fool if she is a lesbian then she will be into the Best girl and there will still be a love triangle! It's inescapable!

Gah! We KNOW she made so much illegal shit on this chapter, but we can't get a solid one on the list!

So, yeah. Childhood friend is exactly what it says on the tin. A childhood friend. So alien, so refreshing.

Gah! We KNOW she made so much illegal shit on this chapter, but we can't get a solid one on the list!

So, yeah. Childhood friend is exactly what it says on the tin. A childhood friend. So alien, so refreshing.

Funny, I get the exact opposite impression: to me, Shinobu is much more completely defined by a few overarching traits (secret identity, silent type, crushes on Hitoyoshi, slightly autistic) and Hitoyoshi is, though sort of an honours student, much more his own person than simply a "vehicle for repetitions of tropes". The difference being that I don't fault either of them for having a defined personality. Even if Shinobu is constrained to be a sort of non-manic manic pixie dream girl, I still think she's cool and the story is a good story. If it weren't, I'd have given up reading it.

We obviously must fight to the death.

Man, it's so frustrating to read a series like this. A lot of romcoms, even those with silly premises, are capable of giving us some really great heroines or side characters and the potential for good development or fun stories but are constantly handicapped by deferring to industry and cultural standards due to...fear? Selling to the lowest common denominator? I dunno, there's a lot of factors.

But so many of them are straight up ruined by main characters who aren't actual characters but are instead vehicles for the repetition of the same tropes we get in every series, from authors who are terrified to actually give them a unique character or make them anything less than generic so they don't alienate a section of their fanbase and can continue the series week after week instead of just writing what is actually compelling or interesting.

I won't really fault the authors too much as lord knows the manga scene is severely broken and has some real big issues when it comes to this kind of stuff specifically in the shonen demographic, but holy crap it does make it intensely irritating to read a manga like this with such a great character and girl like Shinobu and such a non-existent and uninteresting MC that actively works against the manga because of decisions outside the actual manga itself.

tl;dr : Shinobu is a wonderful and well-written girl stuck with yet another shlub of an MC

9 chapters and you're already irritated?

also you know shounen manga are mostly about friendship, dreams, guts and getting power ups when screaming(I find it enjoyable)

In this MC however, he has more of a simple personality, he is not overly lovestruck, not blushing at every girl who talks to him and not ignoring the problems of the heroine for who knows how many chapters.

He is plain, kind and simple.

it is fine with me since the MC of the story is shinobu and her one sided love(for now, I hope) to that sort of guy.

Wake me up when this wimp MC changes in a good way. Until then -> unfollow

Man, it's so frustrating to read a series like this. A lot of romcoms, even those with silly premises, are capable of giving us some really great heroines or side characters and the potential for good development or fun stories but are constantly handicapped by deferring to industry and cultural standards due to...fear? Selling to the lowest common denominator? I dunno, there's a lot of factors.

But so many of them are straight up ruined by main characters who aren't actual characters but are instead vehicles for the repetition of the same tropes we get in every series, from authors who are terrified to actually give them a unique character or make them anything less than generic so they don't alienate a section of their fanbase and can continue the series week after week instead of just writing what is actually compelling or interesting.

I won't really fault the authors too much as lord knows the manga scene is severely broken and has some real big issues when it comes to this kind of stuff specifically in the shonen demographic, but holy crap it does make it intensely irritating to read a manga like this with such a great character and girl like Shinobu and such a non-existent and uninteresting MC that actively works against the manga because of decisions outside the actual manga itself.

tl;dr : Shinobu is a wonderful and well-written girl stuck with yet another shlub of an MC

Funny, I get the exact opposite impression: to me, Shinobu is much more completely defined by a few overarching traits (secret identity, silent type, crushes on Hitoyoshi, slightly autistic) and Hitoyoshi is, though sort of an honours student, much more his own person than simply a "vehicle for repetitions of tropes". The difference being that I don't fault either of them for having a defined personality. Even if Shinobu is constrained to be a sort of non-manic manic pixie dream girl, I still think she's cool and the story is a good story. If it weren't, I'd have given up reading it.

The juries have made their decision. The defendant, "Hitoyoshi-kun" is found guilty on two charges of Absolutely Not Getting Women's Feelings Because He's A Stupid Dum-dum.

He shall be sentenced for life in prison (of monogamous relationship with Shinobu-san) without the possibility of parole (in terms of getting with someone else, this metaphor had absolutely gone to the dumps, im sorry)

Perhaps the childhood friend is a kunoichi from a rival clan...

Hang in there Kazumi, we all know childhood friends have always a rough road ahead.

but she went to a different school and never approached the MC so what would she expect? 

You can't lose if you aren't competing. The Childhood friend hasn't show actual romantic feelings toward Hitoyoshi. All of her actions can be easily seen as a someone meeting a close friend after a year a part. None of her actions would be any different if she was a he except maybe Shinobu's response to her.

Even the last scene was her saying she's Lonely not Heartbroken. Someone she was close friends with suddenly has a friend he's even closer with of course she might feel a pang of loneliness. 

I think you'll find that it is

Spoiler

Spot on!

By the way, I feel conflicted. Childhood friend hints to harbor lingering feelings towards my nigga Hitoyoshi, yet she somehow deliberately helps Shinobu out by encouraging our local brickhead to go get her.

Could it be... She's not a rival but actually just a childhood friend feeling jealousy over his friend finding another confidant? The plot thickens...

Hang in there Kazumi, we all know childhood friends have always a rough road ahead.

and almost never win ... like in this story for example xD

poor ninja just confess already, this MC is getting annoying being this level of dense.

I think I actually like the childhood friend more than shinobu....too bad she is gonna lose for sure in the long run :(

They are both wasted on the male MC.

I think I actually like the childhood friend more than shinobu....too bad she is gonna lose for sure in the long run :(

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Stop making me feel bad in cute romance mangas

With the introduction of the childhood friend, I'm beginning to see how the waterboarding will take place...

Aw man, love triangles, my bane of existence. It sucks because no matter who wins I'll feel bad for someone in the end.

For chapter 8, we have perhaps the worst injustice of all manga:

male mc's criminal density

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics