Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.58 - 245votes)

The Wrong Way to use Healing Magic

Alt Names: alt Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata: Senjou wo Kakeru Kaifuku Youinalt 治癒魔法の間違った使い方 ~戦場を駆ける回復要員~
Author: Kurokata
Artist: Kugayama Reki
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: ※ Stormy rainy day, especially for a high school student with no special talent like, Usato Ken. He was summoned to another world by being with two talented students a third year girl, Inukami Suzune and a second year boy, Ryuusen Kazuki. Yet he thought that it would be useless and useless to feel inferior to not possess any special ability .. after a test, Usato Ken. Got some magical talent that took him to a hell called "training" and from here begins this story of comedy in a different world.

Raw: http://www.rawdevart.com/2017/08/chiyu-mahou-no-machigatta-tsukaikata.html
Go to The Wrong Way to use Healing Magic Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

278 Comments

I wish I had that kinda cheat, cuz who doesn't wanna get jacked up with immediate results as well?

Spoiler

It's basic knowledge that magic doesn't exist. Who's to say that biological processes in this other world are the same as ours and not, for instance, Hippocratic Humoral theory or traditional Chinese Meridian theory? Or, for that matter, straight hit points? Even if they are, who's to say that healing magic doesn't heal the micro-damage "perfectly", so that the muscle will never improve as long as you keep healing it after training?

The protagonist hails from modern day Japan, so the way his body functions is quite identical to that of ours. Healing abilities in the other world have universally same effects on both him and the people who reside there. That lets me safely assume that differences in biological processes between people of these two different universes, should there be any, are negligible. And I'd say the way someone in average shape developed such solid muscles in 14 days is indicative of healing spells allowing overcompensation.

I thought it was "kill the wizard first"? After that, sure, the healer has to go, but unless they can resurrect the wizard, then the walking artillery piece definitely has to go first.

If you look at JRPGs and even some FPS games with classes/skill sets geared for support, you'll quickly find the healers become the priority target because they heal their allies faster than you can hurt them. Killing the medic first is a well known concept.

This is like the isekai version of the movie Whiplash. While it's admirable that he's sticking around, everyone has a breaking point. Hopefully, the teacher will get bitch-slapped by an Oni or ass-kicked by a Tikbalang at some point and learn a bit of humility before she's Erza 2.0. Black Clover handled this type of hellacious training much better, which is truly scary (and the female drill sergeant  was much more likable/funnier too).

>senpai girl has a refreshing personality

>femdom healslut woman has nice design

>MC has muscles

>neither are trying to such his dick straight outta the gate, nor do they show signs of doing so any time soon

Being isekai automatically makes it  garbage, but surprisingly it's not utter garbage. It's the kind of garbage that you eat when nobodies looking. 

Usato will become the next crazy diamond mark my word

The next chapter was NOT redeeming, as the MC didn't even try to protest, let alone run away despite him being forced to do severe training (torture) and them needing him more than he needs them.

But it was fun by the end. Altogether, it's giving me a mushy, sickly feeling of tolerable dissatisfaction.

"The MC didn't run away like a pussy-ass bitch and instead stuck around and got fucking swole, I prefer MCs who run away from their problems and cry about it."

Yeah, go back to watching Reeeee:Zero.  My boy Usato is going to get jacked as FUCK and there's nothing you can do about it.

I like the manga so far for bringing one thing to attention. Most of us, with the influence of video games, come to associate healers as demure princesses/nuns, when more realistically they would be much closer to designer super-soldiers that are the wet dream of so many sci-fi novelists.

Now, it's basic knowledge that muscle is developed when the body overcompensates as it heals the microtears in muscles caused by strenuous movements. Healing magic bypasses the lengthy recuperative period necessary for the muscles to grow and lets you develop your physique real-time as you move around. It's literally steroids on steroids.

It's basic knowledge that magic doesn't exist. Who's to say that biological processes in this other world are the same as ours and not, for instance, Hippocratic Humoral theory or traditional Chinese Meridian theory? Or, for that matter, straight hit points? Even if they are, who's to say that healing magic doesn't heal the micro-damage "perfectly", so that the muscle will never improve as long as you keep healing it after training?

Those who practice healing magic also have in-depth knowledge of human anatomy, which means they know exactly where to strike in order to cause a lethal wound, or to cause so much pain, victims wish the wound was lethal. Add all that to the fact you can shrug off injuries in battle, and there's no reason why you wouldn't be a hyper-aggressive juggernaut with 100% crit rate over a dainty cleric.

Again, it depends on how bodies work in the universe in question. You're bringing in a lot of assumptions from real-world medicine which do not necessarily mesh well with the concept of a Demon Lord or magical elemental affinity.

Brings a whole new meaning to the saying "Kill the healer first."

I thought it was "kill the wizard first"? After that, sure, the healer has to go, but unless they can resurrect the wizard, then the walking artillery piece definitely has to go first.

I like the manga so far for bringing one thing to attention. Most of us, with the influence of video games, come to associate healers as demure princesses/nuns, when more realistically they would be much closer to designer super-soldiers that are the wet dream of so many sci-fi novelists.

Now, it's basic knowledge that muscle is developed when the body overcompensates as it heals the microtears in muscles caused by strenuous movements. Healing magic bypasses the lengthy recuperative period necessary for the muscles to grow and lets you develop your physique real-time as you move around. It's literally steroids on steroids.

Those who practice healing magic also have in-depth knowledge of human anatomy, which means they know exactly where to strike in order to cause a lethal wound, or to cause so much pain, victims wish the wound was lethal. Add all that to the fact you can shrug off injuries in battle, and there's no reason why you wouldn't be a hyper-aggressive juggernaut with 100% crit rate over a dainty cleric.

So... Assault kit with both medkit + med bag in gadget slots?

What you can't heal is the psychological burden that comes with constant, torturous training. That's why Rose praises Usato's willpower and pride and why the knights couldn't handle the same regimen, and why not just any person with healing powers could become a supersoldier.

One other possibility would be that the healers train together with normal soldiers to grant them the advantage of fast training as well while the healers can train their healing like that. 

Lets not get into how much healers know about anatomy (as mentioned by FSBerzerker it depends on the world building) and how effective that is (doesn't help you much if you know where the bladder exactly is while every soldier learns where to strike) but concentrate on how much their healing can actually do.

In the majority of isekai (at least the ones I read) healing magic is not perfect. They often can close wounds and heal the flesh or bones but that often takes time and one does have to be pretty good in order to heal big injuries. Fatigue often remains and blood loss is not always curable. Does one have to concentrate a lot and does healing take a lot of time? If so then healing can't be performed while fighting while ignoring  that without any other magic besides healing magic one is at a disadvantage and if you die you can't be revived.

I'm not saying that magicians are weak but depending on the setting they can have huge disadvantages. 

Man, and I thought my standards for what I expect from Isekai is low.  Mushoku Tensei is bottom of the barrel garbage.

Have you heard of our lord not-savior  Re:monster? Seriously, I find these it as the lowest isekai. There is also Death March who is pretty low (I'll say at the same level of Mushoku, maybe a bit lower)(I talk about the story in itself. Surprisingly, I find the writing/pace quite good for the manga. Don't know for the novel though)

Very few fantasy settings have healers that actually know anatomy in-depth like a proper physician would. They don't need to, because they heal via magic point and shoot style, so why would they bother?

I like to think that typical clerics have requisite knowledge in physiology that aid them in healing. In narratives that play with such powers, there could be ways that healing could go drastically wrong due to the healers having no idea what they're doing. Botched healing could result in horrific scars, extra digits, broken bones that connect at awkward angles, and, as one person in this comment section pointed out before me, tumor. Lots and lots of tumor.

All fantasy medical mishaps that I look forward to seeing in this series, done deliberately to show how devastating healing magic can be if it's used in a "wrong" way.

they can over heal enemies as well maybe give them cancer 

This is already my favourite isekai manga, next to the spider one.

Or the slime one.

Which is worse your naming sense or that I can perfectly understand what you mean?

One of the funniest chapters I red in recent years without being mainly a comedy manga. Sadly no one seems to be translating the novel

The next chapter was NOT redeeming, as the MC didn't even try to protest, let alone run away despite him being forced to do severe training (torture) and them needing him more than he needs them.

But it was fun by the end. Altogether, it's giving me a mushy, sickly feeling of tolerable dissatisfaction.

Those who practice healing magic also have in-depth knowledge of human anatomy,

Very few fantasy settings have healers that actually know anatomy in-depth like a proper physician would. They don't need to, because they heal via magic point and shoot style, so why would they bother?

This is already my favourite isekai manga, next to the spider one.

Or the slime one.

Those who practice healing magic also have in-depth knowledge of human anatomy, which means they know exactly where to strike in order to cause a lethal wound, or to cause so much pain, they wish the wound was lethal. Add all that to the fact you can shrug off injuries in battle, and there's no reason why you wouldn't be a hyper-aggressive juggernaut with 100% crit rate over a dainty cleric.

In the latter books of the Alex Verus series, this is pretty much what they do. Physical training, heal up, eat, sleep and repeat.

Also, their healer is pretty damn hard to kill...but needs lots of food as fuel.

https://vatoto.com/reader#afd640d5f533ad99_13

maybe that last panel shows where interests lie... kukuku

9ec.jpg

im surprised the 2 side characters haven't boned yet. they have been training and spending time together in this new world for weeks.
for a MC this would be enough time to get a harem of 20 girls of every race and boob size.

https://vatoto.com/reader#afd640d5f533ad99_13

maybe that last panel shows where interests lie... kukuku

Soo no romance?

Sadface

If it gonna be romance it gonna be main char and hero girl they have same hobby xD

Manly healers are the best, followed!

Soo no romance?

Sadface

Hmmm. I let's see... I thought that judging from the title, it would be about keeping others alive while they're being tortured or something. >_>

And I was right. As Tharon'ja predicted! X) Sadistic healer. Gonna follow for a bit.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics