Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.05 - 194votes)

Botsuraku Yotei Nanode, Kajishokunin wo Mezasu

Alt Names: alt Expecting to Fall into Ruin, I Aim to Become a Blacksmithalt 예정이어서 대장장이를 목표로 한다alt 没落予定なので、鍛治職人を目指す
Author: Ck
Artist: Ishida Aya
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The main character is reborn as a character from a game he played in his previous life. This character falls into ruin along with the villainess, spending the last of their years together. A man named Kururi Helan.

No details of this decline is written inside the game, it can’t be understood why this sub-character ended up with the villainess route. However, that is of no importance.

Living as a needy farmer along with someone is unpleasant, so the main character seeks a profession. For now, he aims for becoming a blacksmith as he originally had skill in it.

The popular light novel now in manga form!
Go to Botsuraku Yotei Nanode, Kajishokunin wo Mezasu Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic No harem no worries New Window lygarx
  • 6 Replies
Topic is this a weekly or monthly series? New Window Stankpits
  • 1 Replies

187 Comments

... I've got it wrong this whole time?!

I've always heard it as "Seid ihr das essen..."
Edit: "... und wir sind der Jäger."

It's actually:

"Seid ihr das Essen? Nein, wir sind die Jäger!" (I'm German, trust me xD)

In English it's "Are you feed?[in the meaning of prey] No, we are the predators!" if we go by what's supposed to be conveyed by this question&answer.

It's the dogma created by the ancient trauma of humanity that started off as lower parts of the foodchain, fueling the Angst of it falling back into that stage as it breaks the mental superiority of humankind to draw out the strengh of imaginary superiority[i.e. the human superiority complex as he divides between humans and other beasts and dares to grant himself more natural rights than other living things].

Shingeki no Kyoujin actually has a pretty good philosophical foundation, I like it for being uncomplicated but still pretty deep in all situations.

Spoiler

SIE SIND DAS ESSEN UND WIR SIND DIE JÄGER!

... I've got it wrong this whole time?!

I've always heard it as "Seid ihr das essen..."
Edit: "... und wir sind der Jäger."
Spoiler

SIE SIND DAS ESSEN UND WIR SIND DIE JÄGER!

I'm really enjoying the side character perspective.  There are clearly people who are more gifted than he is, so it's not like he's OP.  I really liked the idea of him trying to avoid his one single route ending at all costs. 

So, I think you're vastly overestimating the average size hammer most blacksmiths will use one handed. When smithing, you want to get as much kinetic energy out of each swing as possible, and that formula is 1/2 x mass x velocity squared. This means a lower mass hammer swung faster will produce a better result. This means most hammers will range from 2.5 to 4.5 pounds. 

Below is a fairly common blacksmith set of hammer and tongs:

Spoiler

As another user pointed out, the more egregious error concerning the blacksmithing in this manga is the lack of anvil, forge, and the lack of materials present to forge a sword. That last one however could simply be the author not seeing the need to show in detail the welding process, multiple heats, forms etc. After all, this isn't a manga that's supposed to show in detail how to smith a sword in each step. It's simply fluff.

Exactly. That hammer you have shown is a cross pein hammer, twice the size of the hammer that he's holding, IMO. But the size I'm trying to get at, is the handle: being more than half the length of the cross pein in your picture (when you see how close his hand is to the head, with not much if any more handle length sticking out below his hand). The longer length of the hammer also matters almost just as much as the head itself to give a heavier strike and reduce shock, the shorter the handle or closer you hold to the head; the more you have shock transferred into your hand and wrist (4:00), developing problems down the road, and less powerful strike. The hammer in his hand looks like it belongs in a desk drawer driving nails rather than a toolbox or shop...scratch that, even nail hammers have more suitable longer handles. And those tongs in your picture are a good length indeed. Unfortunately he's not holding ones like them. The tongs in his hand however, is no bigger than a pair of pliers (length-wise) as I stated before:

Spoiler
Although he might get away with using those since he's using a fireplace instead of a proper forge, otherwise he'd be burning his hands constantly holding hot metal so closely.

The bad size got you and not the fact that he's forging out of a fireplace and using a tabletop to hammer on?  I don't see any sort of anvil, sharpener, billows...anything.  He's literally sticking metal into a fireplace, hitting it with what appears to be a flat meat tenderizer, and magically producing a fully polished sword.

Oh no sir, I fully agree with you 100%. Didn't mention it before because his tiny hammer and tiny pliers bugged me too much, plus it would have made my wall of text even longer, so I only wrote "Not to mention it also looks like he's doing this out of his bedroom" in my previous post and left it at that. But yes, the fact that he used no anvil but a tabletop instead, using a fireplace instead of a forge, no sharpening stones...so on and so forth; also rustles my jimmies.

Your analogy to his hammer being a meat tenderizer is probably more suitable and accurate than my comparison, and honestly made me laugh, so thanks for that.

MidoriKitzune
Aug 01 2017 09:33 PM

its-a-trap.jpg

.... a cute one!

"Leecher stop touching me!"

"But your a man?"

"S-stop touching me aa-anyways!!"

Hello.
Please leave and never come back

TBH, nothing he says is wrong. MC's character is entirely flat and none of his skills have an actual role in the story at all. Heck, the translator dropped the entire series because it basically turned into a 1 new idea per chapter slice of life with absolutely no plot progression.

its-a-trap.jpg

Oh yeah, best ship confirmed

Welcome ya'll, to Yet Another OPMC Isekai.
Only this time there's a remarkable lack of depth when it comes to the MC's OPness. He learns practically anything and everything a hundred times faster than anyone else, yet that degree of skill-acquisition is not used to add more flavor or meaning to the story / characters, but just as a superficial means to an end. What a better way to accomplish this level of blandness, than to use time-skips and "oh by the way" scenarios? The MC learns blacksmithing and magic within a blink of an eye, and when he has to make use of any of his skills, they just sort of operate in the background. Even when he created logic-bending magical fruits just by imagining them,  they were easily forgotten and left behind. Nothing interesting here, folks! Gotta plough through random ideas and impossible good fortune like it's one dollar-hooker night.

This story is practically the definition of: "Somewhat fun for a few chapters / pages, rubbish and dead when you mark off a dozen."
P.S: Who the heck voted this thing up to 4.13? What's up with Batoto's rating system.

Hello.
Please leave and never come back

Perhaps it means there are people who disagree with you.

Spoiler

Don't know how others do it but I usually don't rate a manga after only one or two chapter and since I usually drop the "bad" ones fast I don't bother to rate them at all. I don't usually read manga that is out of my strike zone and actively  avoid the ones with bad ratings therefore not rating those ones as well. Last but not least with the ratings being as f*@ed up as they are (3 not being average but utter garbage) I am reluctant to rate an average manga with 3 since it is seen as bad.

Am I the only one that thinks bato.to should have either 10 stars or allow me to give 4.5 etc stars?

Only this time there's a remarkable lack of depth when it comes to the MC's OPness. He learns practically anything and everything a hundred times faster than anyone else, yet that degree of skill-acquisition is not used to add more flavor or meaning to the story / characters, but just as a superficial means to an end. What a better way to accomplish this level of blandness, than to use time-skips and "oh by the way" scenarios? The MC learns blacksmithing and magic within a blink of an eye, and when he has to make use of any of his skills, they just sort of operate in the background. Even when he created logic-bending magical fruits just by imagining them, they were easily forgotten and left behind. Nothing interesting here, folks! Gotta plough through random ideas and impossible good fortune like it's one dollar-hooker night.
This story is practically the definition of: "Somewhat fun for a few chapters / pages, rubbish and dead when you mark off a dozen."
P.S: Who the heck voted this thing up to 4.13? What's up with Batoto's rating system.

As someone who's read the LN and dropped it because it dragged and got really boring, I can't be added to bother reading this, but at least in the novel he slims out and learns his shit through developing a workout routine and diet and sticking to it for months and spent the rest of the time studying reclusively in the library. Not sure just how much the manga skips.

If anything the one merit the novel had that made me like it was that the MC had to work to get shit done. He was a fatass noble with parents that run their territory like shit and he turned it around through effort alone.

At the current point in the novel it's mostly Slice of Life shenanigans and it basically established that he's gifted at learning shit but not so much absurdly better than everyone it's unbelievable.

Perhaps it means there are people who disagree with you.

Spoiler

Only this time there's a remarkable lack of depth when it comes to the MC's OPness. He learns practically anything and everything a hundred times faster than anyone else, yet that degree of skill-acquisition is not used to add more flavor or meaning to the story / characters, but just as a superficial means to an end. What a better way to accomplish this level of blandness, than to use time-skips and "oh by the way" scenarios? The MC learns blacksmithing and magic within a blink of an eye, and when he has to make use of any of his skills, they just sort of operate in the background. Even when he created logic-bending magical fruits just by imagining them,  they were easily forgotten and left behind. Nothing interesting here, folks! Gotta plough through random ideas and impossible good fortune like it's one dollar-hooker night.

This almost feels as in his attempts to avoid the bad ending, he accidentally caused the story to go so far off the rails he ursurped the MCs role in the story with the "boyfriends". 

You mean DLC route?

This almost feels as in his attempts to avoid the bad ending, he accidentally caused the story to go so far off the rails he ursurped the MCs role in the story with the "boyfriends". 

Lol, I know this is just a silly reincarnation manga, but I just...I just can't. That's one tiny ass billet of metal, while holding a tiny hammer in one hand that looks no heavier than a 16oz household claw hammer, and holding a pair of dentist pliers rather than a pair of tongs in the other hand. The size is like he's making a paring knife the size of a pencil rather than reforging a sword out of a bar stock. This guy is supposedly already mastered blacksmithing? If this were modern day, he'd look more like a backyard hobbyist that got his tools from a garage sale, and thinks he's already a master blacksmith after watching a few youtube videos. Not to mention it also looks like he's doing this out of his bedroom.

So, I think you're vastly overestimating the average size hammer most blacksmiths will use one handed. When smithing, you want to get as much kinetic energy out of each swing as possible, and that formula is 1/2 x mass x velocity squared. This means a lower mass hammer swung faster will produce a better result. This means most hammers will range from 2.5 to 4.5 pounds. 

Below is a fairly common blacksmith set of hammer and tongs:

Spoiler

As another user pointed out, the more egregious error concerning the blacksmithing in this manga is the lack of anvil, forge, and the lack of materials present to forge a sword. That last one however could simply be the author not seeing the need to show in detail the welding process, multiple heats, forms etc. After all, this isn't a manga that's supposed to show in detail how to smith a sword in each step. It's simply fluff.

This chapter was brought to you by Autism Speaks Foundation.
Please understand.

And many high functioning austists and their relatives hate that foundation, as it seeks to 'cure' them...

Every chapter I start to think I know where this is going, yet so far I'm increasingly wrong each time...

The male bonding has left me very confused.

Poor sheep.

Lol, I know this is just a silly reincarnation manga, but I just...I just can't. That's one tiny ass billet of metal, while holding a tiny hammer in one hand that looks no heavier than a 16oz household claw hammer, and holding a pair of dentist pliers rather than a pair of tongs in the other hand. The size is like he's making a paring knife the size of a pencil rather than reforging a sword out of a bar stock. This guy is supposedly already mastered blacksmithing? If this were modern day, he'd look more like a backyard hobbyist that got his tools from a garage sale, and thinks he's already a master blacksmith after watching a few youtube videos. Not to mention it also looks like he's doing this out of his bedroom.

The bad size got you and not the fact that he's forging out of a fireplace and using a tabletop to hammer on?  I don't see any sort of anvil, sharpener, billows...anything.  He's literally sticking metal into a fireplace, hitting it with what appears to be a flat meat tenderizer, and magically producing a fully polished sword.

But wut if he needs to forge on the go? You telling him to lug around full sized tools? He clearly already blew his money on extra baggage allowance for his travel sized forge

Spoiler

Poor sheep, man.

Spoiler

The only reason I can think of to keep sticking around is for the cute purple haired girl.

This chapter was brought to you by Autism Speaks Foundation.
Please understand.

well i like it 8/10

Good Lord, it's like Inaho from Aldnoah Zero is in a giant knight's body.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics