Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.28 - 96votes)

I want to be normal

Alt Names: alt ふつうになりたいalt Futsuu ni Naritaialt Quiero ser normalalt 普通になりたい
Author: Canaria
Artist: Canaria
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of LifeWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Fukatsu Michitaka, a boy who just became a high school student, can't differentiate people at all because of his prosopagnosia (Face blindness). However one day he runs into a girl whose face looks completely different than the rest. So in order to cure his illness and accomplish his dream of becoming "normal," he starts to get close to her.
Go to I want to be normal Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Manga raws New Window YukitoOnline
  • 0 Replies
Topic Prosopagnosia New Window Solistia
  • 11 Replies

163 Comments

I really like this, its nice, comfy?

Yeah, most of the chapters are locked, they only leave a small % of the chapters free so that people can read them and follow the series (and make them pay to read the rest.) Some authors allow comico to make their chapters be free over time but, that only applies to a few series.

Does the translator have chapters pass 7 then?

Yeah, it's called comico; although lezhin is Korean and the chapters on lezhin aren't locked to their app like comico. I downloaded comico and couldn't look pass chapter 7 of this webtoon, I have no clue which chapters are free.

Yeah, most of the chapters are locked, they only leave a small % of the chapters free so that people can read them and follow the series (and make them pay to read the rest.) Some authors allow comico to make their chapters be free over time but, that only applies to a few series.

nice, i'm liking this 

keep the updates coming!

This manga come from a japanese site like lezhin?

Yeah, it's called comico; although lezhin is Korean and the chapters on lezhin aren't locked to their app like comico.

I downloaded comico and couldn't look pass chapter 7 of this webtoon, I have no clue which chapters are free.

This manga come from a japanese site like lezhin?

If it's red, it's dead

- World of Warcraft PvP

The first line of that actually made me think of all the poor red shirts on Star Trek LOL.

I don't know if this will happen, but I get the feeling red egg will end up being one of those bullies/mean guys that turns into a friend. Or maybe he's just a higher grade omelet material, but either way should be interesting.

Imagine a nightmare scenario for Michitaka where he tries to find Tomose, but she and several other people are wearing Dunboxes. Hopefully that could happen in the future. 

The best thing about this are the siblings. Her brothers are hilarious (if a bit mean). His elder sister too, with her shoujo manga imagination. Plus, she's sweet enough to wear a slave collar* choker just so that he can recognize her.

*Sorry, been reading too much generic isekai manga.

box-girl, your nii-san is useless. I suggest you trade in for a better model.

Red Egg -USR- (Ultra Super Rare) Has apprear!

-Choose:

1- Fight

2- Run

3- Talk

4- Point at it and yell "Hey, look! It's a Red Egg!" <-

Can he see himself? If not then he's blue egg.

"Can Michitaka see his own face in the mirror?"  this question will be answered in a couple of chapters.

Not to bag on the title translation (also; thank you translatorperson for translating, we leeches appreciate your hard work), but doesn't the verb "naritai" mean more "become" than "be"? As in, the speaker (for lack of a better term) is not yet in a state of normalcy, but wishes to reach it? I'd expect "I want to be normal" to instead be the result of translating the phrase "fuutsu ni shitai", which would imply the speaker is already 'normal' and wishes to continue being so.

Or is this another case of the author's specific self translation, like "where satans fear to tread"?

"I want to become normal" sounds weird imo, Also "ni naritai" can be used as "be" or "become" depending on the context."

Fukatsu is completely normal, the only thing that's wrong with him are his eyes, or at least that's how he sees it. He just wants to "be" normal, and the only hint/chance he has to achieve that, is Tomose.

Edit: (Thank you for reading :batoto_004: )

Not to bag on the title translation (also; thank you translatorperson for translating, we leeches appreciate your hard work), but doesn't the verb "naritai" mean more "become" than "be"? As in, the speaker (for lack of a better term) is not yet in a state of normalcy, but wishes to reach it? I'd expect "I want to be normal" to instead be the result of translating the phrase "fuutsu ni shitai", which would imply the speaker is already 'normal' and wishes to continue being so.

Or is this another case of the author's specific self translation, like "where satans fear to tread"?

Guess we will have some omelettes next chapter~

You have to beat all the eggs

If it's red, it's dead

- World of Warcraft PvP

IT'S A SHINY EGG. USE A MASTERBALL.

one egg
two egg
red egg
where's the blue egg?

Thanks for the upload btw <3

Can he see himself? If not then he's blue egg.

"i want to be able to tell people apart" 

-GOD- Alright, you'll start seeing everyone as easter eggs now.

Would be hilarious!

one egg

two egg

red egg

where's the blue egg?

Thanks for the upload btw <3

I'll upload chapter 7 in a few hours. :batoto_023:

Title of this series probably applies to most Batoto readers... lol

Why? Normal is so boring

I wonder if this is going to end up in the "he thinks they're friends who share a secret while she thinks she's being blackmailed" kind of scenario LOL

If she's a streamer, she has totally ceased to be waifu material, in my eyes. 

Why?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics