Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 166votes)

Yowamushi Pedal

Alt Names: alt โอตาคุน่องเหล็กalt 弱虫ペダルalt En selle, Sakamichi !alt 飆速宅男alt Weakling Pedal
Author: Watanabe Wataru
Artist: Watanabe Wataru
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Otaku Sakamichi Onoda has just entered high school and plans to join the anime club. In middle school, Onoda didn’t have any friends with whom he could talk about anime, games, Akihabara and other otaku things, and he is hoping he can make such friends in the anime club, but he finds out it's been disbanded. In order to reestablish the club he tries to find 4 other people who would like to join.

Since he was a little boy, Onoda has ridden his mamachari–a bulky bicycle with a step-through frame mainly used for short rides, such as for casual fun or to pick up groceries–to go to Akihabara every week to check out or buy otaku things. Fellow freshman Shunsuke Imaizumi and bicyclist, while training, notices a boy (Onoda) riding his mamachari up a steep road.

Freshman and road racing cyclist, Shokichi Naruko visits Akihabara to get some Gundam plastic models for his younger brothers and meets Onoda who catches his attention because of the his cycling skill on the mamachari and later find out they go to the same school. Later on, both Naruko and Imaizumi try to convince him to join the bicycle racing club, but will he?
Go to Yowamushi Pedal Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Licensed? New Window buttouchkohai
  • 2 Replies

360 Comments

An enitre volume on sprinting 1800m, what the fuck. Also if you're gonna be in a team atleast try to work together instead of throwing in this ''willpower'' bullshit.

Mountains.... :Q______

I can't wait :Q________

andy left chest frank right chest? LOL

These sprinters are so intense

48381543770312128656101.gif

Nice, another volume so quickly. That's the way to show the other groups who only picked this up because of the anime what a true fan looks like. Thanks for the release and don't overwork yourselves, I'm sure we have a long climb ahead.

woot, thanks for the update

Wow, I just caught up with this manga out of the blue a few days ago, and it's already gotten updates after being stagnant for so long!

All hail me ;)

Just kidding, thanks for the great work Sukikatte!

Abs... abs... ABS!!! I think he meant... fabulous... fabulous... I'M FABULOUS~!!!!

The irony on this page had me laughing for minutes

Spoiler

I think that's the point. I'm betting this guy was always called creepy growing up and now he uses it to describe other people who are "weaker" than him. I'm sure we'll feel sorry for him by the end of all this. Or not and we'll cheer that he got his ass handed to him. Either way it should be a good time.

The irony on this page had me laughing for minutes

Spoiler

It's more like he was handicapped by a terrible bike, and they wanted to gently introduce the improvements to him so he feels like he's progressing continuously.

The change from a granny-bike to a road bike is astounding: the rolling resistance goes away almost entirely, and the road bike weighs so much less.

However, by using clips and real cycling shoes, you get almost the same amount of benefit. On top of the ability to pull up on the pedals, cycling shoes have really, really stiff soles (unlike walking or running shoes) which help you efficiently transmit power to the pedals.

From this point on, there's really no easy hardware upgrades like this left, though.

Also thinking that this was put there to introduce the reader to these parts as they came into play

I watched the first episode of this anime, thought it was pretty intresting since I like bikes, I couldn't wait for the next episode so i turned to the manga and of course became an instant fan :)

As a fellow Road Racer, Im glad I found this. Only at chapter 18 and this is getting really good.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! They always make the volume end at the worst moments!!!!! T_T

Btw... ONODA ALWAYS GETS A RANDOM UPGRADE!!! Wtf?! "Hey Onoda how can you be losing? Here try this (insert upgrade here) out..."

It's more like he was handicapped by a terrible bike, and they wanted to gently introduce the improvements to him so he feels like he's progressing continuously.

The change from a granny-bike to a road bike is astounding: the rolling resistance goes away almost entirely, and the road bike weighs so much less.

However, by using clips and real cycling shoes, you get almost the same amount of benefit. On top of the ability to pull up on the pedals, cycling shoes have really, really stiff soles (unlike walking or running shoes) which help you efficiently transmit power to the pedals.

From this point on, there's really no easy hardware upgrades like this left, though.

Nice, a whole volume to celebrate the first episode of the anime. Thanks guys.

This is good!  Followed!  And thanks to sukikatte for the wonderful translations!

OMG! For a split second I thought the coach pulled Onoda's jersey outta his pants!

"Here! I was keeping it warm for ya!" OHHHH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD NASTY!

Btw... ONODA ALWAYS GETS A RANDOM UPGRADE!!! Wtf?! "Hey Onoda how can you be losing? Here try this (insert upgrade here) out..." 

Welcome to Shounen manga, mon ami.

OMG! For a split second I thought the coach pulled Onoda's jersey outta his pants!

"Here! I was keeping it warm for ya!" OHHHH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD NASTY!

Fuuuuu. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I was hoping this had more than 100 chapters when I read this 2 hrs ago ._.

There's something charming about this art. It's not the best, but it's cute.

so finally someone's giving him them shoes...are they even giving him a chance to secure a place for interhigh?

Sometimes it seems that the characters are overdramatic... Oh well! (Continues reading)

The captain removed his sunglasses!!!

The amount in that volume felt like nothing...

Well while it might be one chapter less than the normal weekly manga volumes, The actual page count is about right for a weekly series. I'd say it's not that the volumes are short, but that this series focus' more on action over dialogue in many cases. It reminds me of Initial D, where you can have 3 or 4 pages with only SFX and little if any text.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics