Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.6 - 57votes)

Kino's Journey (Shiomiya)

Alt Names: alt キノの旅 -the Beautiful World-alt Kino no Tabi - the Beautiful Worldalt Kino'nun Yolculuğu - Güzel Dünyaalt Kino's Journey - the Beautiful Worldalt Perjalanan Kino -Indahnya Dunia-
Author: Shigusawa Keiichi
Artist: Shiomiya Iruka
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureFantasy FantasyMystery MysterySci-fi Sci-fiShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Destination is a state of mind. A tale of one girl and her bike and the road ahead. Kino wanders around the world on the back of Hermes, her unusual, anthropomorphic motorcycle, only staying in each country for three days. During their adventures, they find happiness, sadness, pain, decadence, violence, beauty, and wisdom. But through it all, they never lose their sense of freedom. They discover that because of the world's imperfections, it is actually a thing of beauty. "The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

-Tokyopop

Related Manga:
https://bato.to/comic/_/comics/kinos-journey-gou-r21510
Go to Kino's Journey (Shiomiya) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Notice for future updates. New Window mwsmws22
  • 0 Replies

95 Comments

Chapter name is a lie. I failed to see Pain around here.

Spoiler

That's not fanservice. What would be considered fanservice is the typical "walking out naked from the shower with the towel conveniently covering the nipples" scene.

Showing Kino's ass was very important plotwise? I doubt it.
I really liked how they handled it in the anime, but if you want to think that fanservice is limited to nudity - that's your choice, whatever.LYBOIZsdHOY.jpg

That's not fanservice. What would be considered fanservice is the typical "walking out naked from the shower with the towel conveniently covering the nipples" scene.

Not every fan-service need to be that blatant, and Kino in short shorts is good enough

Mmmm, that's some nice fan service.

We will continue to release Kino's Journey on Batoto, despite Sense-Scans picking it up. This series is beloved by both me and SiberOwl. That's why there is a certain level of quality we wish to maintain. Sense's release glosses over nuances and is not especially well typeset. I am not trying to be condescending. I am just attempting to justify the reason we won't relinquish the series. Thanks for understanding and reading!

私がキノと名乗る旅人と出会ったのは十一歳の時だ。
Sense: I first became the traveller named Kino when i was eleven years old.
Your translation: I was eleven years old when i met a traveler named Kino.

I know you were trying not to be too harsh with that translation, but it wasn't just "glossing over nuances", it was just wrong in some places. 

There's some SCP-tier shit going on in Kino if you think about it

The separate towns in this series don't make a whole lot of sense, in terms of why they're all so weird.

How can these different areas sustain themselves, while still being so distinct? They're not even separated by all that huge of a distance, if a bike can cover it.

It would be virtually impossible for them all to be that culturally different.

It is probably aliens and that one crazy laser centipede country that are the cause

this is pure kino

Mmmm, that's some nice fan service.

The separate towns in this series don't make a whole lot of sense, in terms of why they're all so weird.

How can these different areas sustain themselves, while still being so distinct? They're not even separated by all that huge of a distance, if a bike can cover it.

Wow, that's almost like it's just a stupid feel-good story for people who don't know better to fawn over.

You know, before I read it, I wondered why it's tagged both as seinen AND shounen, but it actually makes perfect sense, doesn't it...

I know right?! This thing is so impossible by the current standard of the world! It doesn't make sense!

Damn author making a story with impossible standard! What's next? A talking Motorcycle?

Spoiler

Also, how does one turn S***** into an insult?

Spoiler

Fuggg, time to rewatch the anime

I remember watching the Land of Adults episode from the anime.

Spoiler

​Still, i can't wait for next chapter and the new anime.

iirc the manga version should be closer to the novel.  I believe it explained

Spoiler

Just watch the anime version, guys.

Also, how does one turn S***** into an insult?

I remember watching the Land of Adults episode from the anime.

I prefer the anime version since the adults didn't have the craze look in the manga when Kino told the people and her parents she didn't want the operation to become an adult and they kept smiling and laughing it off like it was nothing wrong after killing the original Kino which made the people of the Land of Adults more disturbing. Furthermore, there was a cool scene where Kino and Hermes escape from the adults before they tried to shut the exit gate.

​Still, i can't wait for next chapter and the new anime.

Boy, that's the harshest way to pull a gender-bender I've ever seen.

I was wondering how Kino became a girl. (yeah, I know, technically it's a character swap not a classical gender-bender but the end result's the same).

whew thanks a lot SiberOwl

I've heard bout Kino's journey tons of time but nvr did once I managed to find the translated manga.

If you love it that much, how about proving it by not making simple mistakes like "pronouncitation"?

Thank you for pointing this out. I'll correct and archive later on.

Also, on page 25, country is misspelled "county."

Damn, that's fucked up. I like it.

Sense's release glosses over nuances and is not especially well typeset. I am not trying to be condescending.

... Whatever you say, fam >__>

(>_<) It's happening!  Thanks SiberOwl!  Between this and the new Kino anime, hopefully a certain light novel publisher (*cough* Yen Press *cough*) will license the novels.

We will continue to release Kino's Journey on Batoto, despite Sense-Scans picking it up. This series is beloved by both me and SiberOwl. That's why there is a certain level of quality we wish to maintain.

If you love it that much, how about proving it by not making simple mistakes like "pronouncitation"?

Oh man. Oh man.

Excited about this one.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics