Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 79votes)

Palace Meidi

Alt Names: alt パレス・メイヂalt Palace Meiji
Author: Kuze Banko
Artist: Kuze Banko
Genres: Drama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In an alternate-universe Meiji era Japan, Misono Kimiyori, a fourteen year old boy from an impoverished noble family, begins to work in the Palace to alleviate his family's debts. There, he encounters the Girl Emperor, Akiko. This meeting is the start of an interesting new relationship.
Go to Palace Meidi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

62 Comments

This guy doesn't seem to understand that his words mean nothing in the palace of the emperor. And that the empress doesn't return his feelings.

Probably Succession Risks.  If her brother takes the throne and then she gets married and has a child, especially if that child is a son, then that son is now a potential Emperor with a Claim to the Throne, and a very good one since he would be the child of a (former) Empress-Regnant, so his claim would in theory be equal to her Brother's.  That's a risky situation for any monarchy, especially one that apparently has flexible Succession Protocols like this one.

No, a child of Akiko's would have higher precedence than her brother, being that the succession line only would pass to the little brother if she has no issue (read: children). They would be selected as Emperors in preference to him.

If she even got to become reigning Empress, it's because the Empire in this story holds inheritance according to absolute primogeniture (otherwise, she might rule as a Regent while the little brother would be the nominal Emperor); so, if she has any children at all, they all come first in the inheritance order before him.

Probably Succession Risks.  If her brother takes the throne and then she gets married and has a child, especially if that child is a son, then that son is now a potential Emperor with a Claim to the Throne, and a very good one since he would be the child of a (former) Empress-Regnant, so his claim would in theory be equal to her Brother's.  That's a risky situation for any monarchy, especially one that apparently has flexible Succession Protocols like this one.

Hmm, why she can't get married or have children after her brother take over the throne?

oooh, this has a nice feel to it! followed :D

This seems interesting (with a female emperor no less) Thanks Futago Scans!

I agree ... will give this one a try. Could be interesting. ^^

Followed.

This seems interesting (with a female emperor no less) Thanks Futago Scans!

I seem to recall in Japanese law, Japanese cannot portray the Emperor in any media(TV, anime, manga) even if it's a fictionalized version.

So how did the manga got away with it?

That was only before WWII. There have been many depictions of the emperor in media since then. They had the first performance on Japanese soil of Gilbert & Sullivan's The Mikado (1885) after the war in 1946, because they were not allowed to before then.

I seem to recall in Japanese law, Japanese cannot portray the Emperor in any media(TV, anime, manga) even if it's a fictionalized version.

So how did the manga got away with it?

Alternative history & shoujo? I'm listening...

The art style of some of the characters is a bit weird, but I suppose that's a stylistic choice...
Looks promising!

That was interesting! I look forward to more chapters! :)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics