Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 256votes)

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Alt Names: alt Blade of Demon Destructionalt Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaibaalt 鬼灭之刃alt 鬼滅の刃alt 귀멸의 칼날
Author: Gotouge Koyoharu
Artist: Gotouge Koyoharu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tanjiro is the eldest son in a family that has lost its father. Tanjiro visits another town one day to sell charcoal, but ends up staying the night at someone else's house instead of going home because of a rumor about a demon that stalks a nearby mountain at night. When he goes home the next day, tragedy is waiting for him.
Go to Kimetsu no Yaiba Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic like the story and concept, but.... New Window makuta2
  • 1 Replies
Topic We love him because he says we aren't trash New Window truepurple
  • 4 Replies
Topic Released chapter discussion, Kimetsu no Yaiba New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chapter 72 New Window hunterxhuntard
  • 0 Replies
Topic I reviewed chapter 71 of Kimestu no Yaiba New Window hunterxhuntard
  • 0 Replies
Topic What I'd want to say to manga bad guy logic. New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies

738 Comments

ok but mad props because injuries sustained in battle have actual consequences? and they're not vague ones either. it's thought about to the point that it seems they're getting actual training to learn how to recuperate better?? :'D

probably, also is the butterfly pillar a dude? 

it totally gives me that Zero from megaman X feel,
is that a guy or girl?, I don't know

ok but mad props because injuries sustained in battle have actual consequences? and they're not vague ones either. it's thought about to the point that it seems they're getting actual training to learn how to recuperate better?? :'D

Physiotherapy/rehabilitation.

Is Tanjiro interested in that girl? I can't tell, and he's such a daft and dense guy it's hard to imagine.

if i was Tanjiro i'd start to plot how to kill those 2 pillars.

Wind and Snake or Wind and Sound? Wind dude looks like he can take craploads of punishment.

I swear i will rage if any of those shitheads fall for her. 

Nezuko? The main running gag in the series is how everytime she gets out of that box, someone (in series) want to marry her, and here it would be irronic.

I swear i will rage if any of those shitheads fall for her. 

if i was Tanjiro i'd start to plot how to kill those 2 pillars.

Wonder what kind of weapon the mc will get next.

In one panel, they are respecting their superior to the point you think "this guy tamed them right" and next panel they are like fuck you.

He ask for obediance and loyalty, but not the blind kind.

I wonder if Nezuko would have reacted differently without the bamboo thing in her mouth...

• RSD likes this

And their point of view is wrong too, cause we have just met two other demons who also didn't eat humans, before, the doctor and her gofer remember? And there may be many more like them around, but since Hunters kill them indisciminatly, they'd never know how many deserved to be put down and how many were actually inocent in all this.

The doctor herself mentioned she was abnormal because she had the ability to remove the curse from her blood, and that other demons do not.  And even then, she still needs to consume human blood.  Her gofer was not made a demon by the big bad, she turned him into a demon (and he was the only one to survive the procedure in hundreds of years), and he still needs to consume human blood as well  

The doctor (who has lived for hundreds of years studying this stuff) also said that demon's who try and suppress their urges will eventually go berserk.  So even if a demon tried to control themselves and be innocent, they are still a danger to people.

Nezuko at this stage in the story definitely seems to be the only natural exception to eating people.  I don't know why you expect what seem to be children to have accidentally met many innocent demons, considering it is obviously incredibly rare for demons to not eat people, and almost every demon we've seen attacks people on sight

MC doesn't even like killing demons, and when he does kill them he feels sorry for them. You shouldn't expect him to become edgelord MC out of nowhere. And it shouldn't be that surprising that demon hunters don't immediately trust that apparently there is a demon that doesn't eat people. The bosses logic of "well can you prove she will eat people??" While correct to the audience, is flawed to anyone in the story as it seems literally every other demon for who knows how long eats people

you know that the boss told them, and how they behave any word that he says is taken as the truth, why would he lie about Nezuko, the same can be said about a retired pillar (that had the same responsibilites and probably learned the same values as them) that also has faith in her and even another hunter, it isn't that flawed to them, that's why it's correct to the audience.

MC doesn't even like killing demons, and when he does kill them he feels sorry for them. You shouldn't expect him to become edgelord MC out of nowhere. And it shouldn't be that surprising that demon hunters don't immediately trust that apparently there is a demon that doesn't eat people. The bosses logic of "well can you prove she will eat people??" While correct to the audience, is flawed to anyone in the story as it seems literally every other demon for who knows how long eats people

And their point of view is wrong too, cause we have just met two other demons who also didn't eat humans, before, the doctor and her gofer remember? And there may be many more like them around, but since Hunters kill them indisciminatly, they'd never know how many deserved to be put down and how many were actually inocent in all this.

It reminds me of relation between Zodiacs and Netero from Hunter x Hunter. In the best possible way i must say.

In one panel, they are respecting their superior to the point you think "this guy tamed them right" and next panel they are like fuck you.

Jesus, I hope the MC joins the demons side and kill these bunch. Please no shounen friendship bullsht like "We tried to kill your only family left, but lets be friends now cause we have tragic backgrounds and you have empathy of a 90 years old saint" nonsense

What a fucking cunt.

This was a REALLY good chapter. Basically just talking, but really good.

This page was hilarious http://vatoto.com/reader#7d308f744317c604_8

Jesus, I hope the MC joins the demons side and kill these bunch. Please no shounen friendship bullsht like "We tried to kill your only family left, but lets be friends now cause we have tragic backgrounds and you have empathy of a 90 years old saint" nonsense

Man, I fucking love these Pillar guys.

Some pages have been left out, they were post chapter, but they had some extra info.

I mean, thinking about it logically, it's not surprising that they're acting this way. Their entire livelihood is built around killing demons. They've grown up having friends and family being slaughtered by these creatures and just witnessed the aftermath of a spider demon that likely killed hundreds of humans and dozens of their comrades after using them as fucking puppets. Then some little shit shows up protecting a demon and claiming that she's never killed or eaten anyone. Of course they'd be suspicious. There's no evident way to prove something like that, not that it really matters. To them, there is no such thing as a "good demon". What good would it do to investigate something like that? The most obvious solution to their problem is to simply keep killing demons that pop up and eventually destroy the source. 

Like I get what you're saying that they should take time to consider their situation, but there's literally no motivation for any of the "professionals" to let Nezuko live. If they let her live, there might be a chance that she escapes and/or kills someone. If they kill her, no sweat. Nothing would change. The obvious choice for anyone is to err on the side of caution no?

The problem is, this kind of mentality is what brings about stagnation, it's the "selfish common sense" i just described. There's actually more to lose by killing a demon that acts unusually than just letting her live and study her behavior. It's by noticing and studying these strange patterns, that new techniques can be developed.

Spoiler

I do believe that is the second two-page spread in the entire series since chapter 1, and it was again used for color pages.

Hmm I wonder if he died or just left?

What stupidity. Spending 2 years without killing a single person, being a creature that is supposed to survive on a human eating diet...

I don't know about you but this an obvious exception to the rule, you can't just apply your selfish "common sense" to exceptions.

A sensible person, no, a professional in the demon slaying should know that his is a very strange case, and should investigate things a bit before just resorting to, "No, all demons are equal and need to die" mindset.

It does not take a genius or even an above average person to know that the boy is indeed telling the truth. A quick investigation on his background would show that. even just looking at Nezuko will prove that, even the "good" demons act like a proper demon when you take your time to talk to them, just like those two we met not long ago. The good thing about Nezuko is that she's not that keen on what happened to her, she's been living without learning many things, being hidden away like an overprotected princess, by overzealous parents.

I mean, thinking about it logically, it's not surprising that they're acting this way. Their entire livelihood is built around killing demons. They've grown up having friends and family being slaughtered by these creatures and just witnessed the aftermath of a spider demon that likely killed hundreds of humans and dozens of their comrades after using them as fucking puppets. Then some little shit shows up protecting a demon and claiming that she's never killed or eaten anyone. Of course they'd be suspicious. There's no evident way to prove something like that, not that it really matters. To them, there is no such thing as a "good demon". What good would it do to investigate something like that? The most obvious solution to their problem is to simply keep killing demons that pop up and eventually destroy the source. 

Like I get what you're saying that they should take time to consider their situation, but there's literally no motivation for any of the "professionals" to let Nezuko live. If they let her live, there might be a chance that she escapes and/or kills someone. If they kill her, no sweat. Nothing would change. The obvious choice for anyone is to err on the side of caution no?

What stupidity. Spending 2 years without killing a single person, being a creature that is supposed to survive on a human eating diet...

I don't know about you but this an obvious exception to the rule, you can't just apply your selfish "common sense" to exceptions.

A sensible person, no, a professional in the demon slaying should know that his is a very strange case, and should investigate things a bit before just resorting to, "No, all demons are equal and need to die" mindset.

It does not take a genius or even an above average person to know that the boy is indeed telling the truth. A quick investigation on his background would show that. even just looking at Nezuko will prove that, even the "good" demons act like a proper demon when you take your time to talk to them, just like those two we met not long ago. The good thing about Nezuko is that she's not that keen on what happened to her, she's been living without learning many things, being hidden away like an overprotected princess, by overzealous parents.

I think the point is that they aren't in anyway sensible, all of the pillars with the exception of Tomioka seem to be crazier than Zenitsu and Pigbro. I can only feel for Tomioka more and more, just imagine how he feels having to put up with all those idiots constantly.

A secondary argument is that people genuinely don't care to think about the demons. The Demon Hunters are in a war that's currently in a tie or losing battle against the demons. Tanjiro has been shown again and again to be the ONLY person who cares about demons. No other person in the series has done so and even his master thought Tanjiro as foolish for having empathy towards them. (see: Chapter 3). (And Tomioka in the first chapter.)

Let's try to bring this full circle:

It's like some dude popping out of the woods with a Lion following him and is just like "Oh don't worry guys I raised it not to eat humans".

That's Tanjiro right now. He's the fucking lunatic with a Lion and everyone else is just trying to be rational.

Most of the group did acknowledge it was strange Nezuko hadn't eaten a human in 2 years but the first response he got was "a demon/lion is still a demon/lion", which is completely reasonable.

Thinking from a wider perspective, supposing Nezuko actually did lose her marbles and kill someone it would severely impact the Demon Hunter organization as a whole. Right now they more-or-less have support from the general populace. Should an event like that happen then their support would crumble instantaneously and they'd be ostracized by the people they're trying to protect while fighting a war on the other end. (Witchers anyone?)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics