Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.28 - 96votes)

I want to be normal

Alt Names: alt ふつうになりたいalt Futsuu ni Naritaialt Quiero ser normalalt 普通になりたい
Author: Canaria
Artist: Canaria
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of LifeWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Fukatsu Michitaka, a boy who just became a high school student, can't differentiate people at all because of his prosopagnosia (Face blindness). However one day he runs into a girl whose face looks completely different than the rest. So in order to cure his illness and accomplish his dream of becoming "normal," he starts to get close to her.
Go to I want to be normal Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Manga raws New Window YukitoOnline
  • 0 Replies
Topic Prosopagnosia New Window Solistia
  • 11 Replies

163 Comments

You know what's better than suffering constant troubles and misunderstandings due to your disability?

Fucking telling people you have a disability.

Look how well that turned out for him at his last school.

The School Administration is also aware of his condition.

This story takes it to certain lengths, but people (especially young people) have issues wrapping their heads around differently-abled people or people with mental disabilities. Some people just try to create really sophisticated coping mechanisms so that they don't need to explain the nature of their condition to others. It's easier to inform others, but the way disability can be stigmatized can make telling others difficult.

I've forgotten how much middle school and high school can suck. It takes a long time to realize that even the slightest comment can stick with someone for years and years.

You know what's better than suffering constant troubles and misunderstandings due to your disability?

people basically wont listen to other different kind, seeing is believing.

Ah so the childhood friend girl did have a huge crush on him and is still pissed at him cuz he wont call her cute 

wonder if he would somehow be able to make out her face soon too

thats e new type of tsundere.

Ah so the childhood friend girl did have a huge crush on him and is still pissed at him cuz he wont call her cute 

wonder if he would somehow be able to make out her face soon too

first rokudou no onnatachi, now this

I wonder if delinquents got popular again

the story is rich, and i admit the misterious teacher boost it up.

in theory, those with severe prosopagnosia can have very little control over their strength as they don't really see people as people.

this guy is in his early phase i guess, hope he dont turn psycho serial killer

Does this manga look like it's about to take a hard left into a psychological thriller about a sociopathic serial killer wandering around and cracking people's heads open like eggs?

in theory, those with severe prosopagnosia can have very little control over their strength as they don't really see people as people.

this guy is in his early phase i guess, hope he dont turn psycho serial killer

#loweffort

Spoiler

#loweffort 2

Spoiler

is that girl retarded?

Yes

is that girl retarded? Clear to see the MC was angry and that picture was on the dumbass's hand and she blames him? 

hate stupid misunderstandings

Yeah it stupid but she doesn't really know him well tho.

hope this misunderstanding is clear after next chapter because next chapter will be about MC send those thugs packing.

Red egg and his egg goons just don't know when to stop.

Do delinquents ever know that?

So, soon we will have scrambled eggs.

is that girl retarded? Clear to see the MC was angry and that picture was on the dumbass's hand and she blames him? 

hate stupid misunderstandings

stuff

The pacing is really good. The author always ends chapters in a place that leaves you hanging.
Red egg and his egg goons just don't know when to stop.

Lately many people seem to have problems like that on bato.to.

For me the issue seemed to be that the flash uploader and firefox didn't get along with each other after a firefox update to v52. I used chrome, manually whitelisted flash in there (it's one of the browser options) and finally got my uploads to work like that. Perhaps it'll be the same for you.

I re-installed my firefox (Current Version: 52.0  previous version: 52.2) I did the same with adobe flash player. I also checked if there was anything blocking it but nope, everything's fine. Even so, I can't upload the chapters (Same thing happens with google chrome & Internet Explorer) It was working a few days ago, but now it's like this... thanks anyway.

I've been trying to upload Ch.8 for 2 days... but the uploader is fcked up. I guess I will have to wait until the problem is fixed.  (Btw chapter 9 is ready too... I just have to fix the text and that's it.)

Lately many people seem to have problems like that on bato.to.

For me the issue seemed to be that the flash uploader and firefox didn't get along with each other after a firefox update to v52. I used chrome, manually whitelisted flash in there (it's one of the browser options) and finally got my uploads to work like that. Perhaps it'll be the same for you.

It's funny, reading this I feel like I can say the writing in this manga is nothing crazy, even a bit rough at times. That he just so happens to watch her stream and find out who she is a stroke of ridiculous luck and a tad shoddy writing.

Yet I'm enjoying what I'm reading. I think it's because despite its simple premise (it's basically a typical boy-meets-girl frame) the main leads are refreshing with their character. The guy is excitingly aggressive (rare outside of shoujo/josei(which blow up said aggressiveness to ridiculous levels)) and clearly has a hard time dealing with other's emotions, a flaw that plays perfectly alongside his inability to see faces. The main girl is not some ravishing beauty that lusts over the main guy for almost no reason but instead a rather homely tomboy, with an interesting voice problem for extra spice.

I'm EXCITED to see a relationship develop between these two, even friendship. It's a breath of fresh air.

I've been trying to upload Ch.8 for 2 days... but the uploader is fcked up. I guess I will have to wait until the problem is fixed.  (Btw chapter 9 is ready too... I just have to fix the text and that's it.)

Yep. I'm busy IRL, but I'll try to release 2 - 3 chapters once in a while (When I have the time ofc) to catch up with the RAWs.

That's good, and thanks a lot, I'm really enjoying this series.

Yep. I'm busy IRL, but I'll try to release 2 - 3 chapters once in a while (When I have the time ofc) to catch up with the RAWs.

Not all heroes wear capes

Does the translator have chapters pass 7 then?

FUCK U CLIFFHANGER!!! FUCK YOUUUUUUUU!!!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics