Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 140votes)

Yuki to Sumi

Alt Names: alt γƒ¦γ‚­γƒˆγ‚ΉγƒŸalt Snow and Ink
Author: Onio
Artist: Onio
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yukino Tachibana is a calligraphy prodigy.
At the tender age of 16 she is already one of Japan's most exciting young artists, performing live calligraphy demonstrations to sell-out crowds on worldwide tours.
With her refined, beautiful, and mysterious air, she is so popular at her new high school that she has earned the appellation of 'The School Madonna'.

She is also as dumb as a post.

As artful her brushstrokes, as demure her outward demeanor, the real Yukino Tachibana is far-removed from the image her classmates see on television and in the school hallways - in reality, apart from her calligraphy genius, Yukino is completely useless, rude, and possessing of a distinctly inflated sense of self-worth.
There is only one classmate who fails to be fooled by her facade: run-of-the-mill protagonist du jour Tarou Nakamura. Sitting next to her in class, Nakamura doesn't really get why the rest of the school finds her so enthralling - he's much more interested in his crush, Amano-san. But this indifference might prove to be his downfall, as circumstances cause Yukino to set her eyes on him....

This boy, this poor, poor boy, is burdened with a Herculean task - to keep Yukino's true nature a secret from the rest of the school, while trying to win the heart of his sweeheart. Can Nakamura really keep this brainless beauty's utter idiocy a secret!? And can he win Amano's heart through the power of calligraphy at the same time!?
Go to Yuki to Sumi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

105 Comments

That stupid trope of all the guys in a class being violently jealous needs to go away forever. It's never funny.

oh dear. They really overused this trope in chapter 6. siigh

Did a little looking, and I assume it's Hutari no Jikan. I assume as much because this is only one of three manga that are listed under Onio's profile in mangaupdates (with this and Rough Sketch Senpai being the other two).

Painting, calligraphy, and now photography with this new one; Onio is at least consistent in his themes.

Onio also has a fetish for older women. How nice of him to be consistent in that too.

Seems like it got cancelled, author was saying that it won't get a Vol. 2 but he was drawing another manga.

Did a little looking, and I assume it's Hutari no Jikan. I assume as much because this is only one of three manga that are listed under Onio's profile in mangaupdates (with this and Rough Sketch Senpai being the other two).

Painting, calligraphy, and now photography with this new one; Onio is at least consistent in his themes.

Just a quick question since I forget I followed this comic, spoiled for it about the raws.

Spoiler

Seems like it got cancelled, author was saying that it won't get a Vol. 2 but he was drawing another manga.

In the top middle panel in chapter 5, page 5, it almost looks like that glob of ink covering her hand is a boxing glove, and she's knocking someone out with her other hand. That would make her an amazing contrast to someone like Saotome.

I got a "Wilson" the volleyball vibe from the pic in the latest chapter.

I kind of got more of an Umaru vibe than anything. She's not really dumb. She's just...yeah, she's freaking dumb, but she's definitely more of an Umaru than a Yoshiko.

Their babies would be bland morons. With thick eyebrows.

Or incredibly belligerent and sarcastic artists. With thick eyebrows.

Their babies would be bland morons. With thick eyebrows.

Oh my god, I'm in love.

What a total piece of shit.

...hrm. I should probably think on what that means about me...

That was damn savage

His blank paper was a pinpoint attack on Yukino. They are totally made for each other

That was damn savage

She might not be on the bright side, but she's nowhere near Yoshiko.

And she's cute, so it's okay.

Wri637N.png

Oh hey, realistic tripping.

what part of that is realistic?! she should've fallen vagina-first in his face!

/s

That stupid trope of all the guys in a class being violently jealous needs to go away forever. It's never funny.

Just a quick question since I forget I followed this comic, spoiled for it about the raws.

Spoiler

So she's going to be a cunt for 20 pages each chapter and then she apologizes and shows how much she genuinely cares about his help in the three remaining ones.

Reminds me of a certain quote, how you can't keep doing shitty things and feel bad about it afterwards like that makes it okay.

If you want to do a selfish, idiotic and bitchy character look at Aqua from Konosuba. Her selfish idiocy mostly affects herself or other asshole characters (same thing with Kazuma, minus the idiot bit), in this manga it affects the butt-monkey MC instead.

I also can't stand the jealous mob-cliche and what was up with that super-basic nosebleed-joke?

I like Rough Sketch Senpai so I tried this one, despite the description. I believe in character-redemption in stories so I'll read this again on a later date if more chapters get translated.

The initial dynamic seems like it'll be disappearing soon which would SUCK, that's what got me into it. Hopefully it evolves into something else without half assed conflict. I'd far prefer if they conflict is about them getting to see each other eye to eye, rather than bs love interest dropping from heaven.

I'm into it.

cleaned the smile from chapter 4: https://i.imgur.com/Y7wmuo0.png

yukino is great, protect this smile!

Wri637N.png

I was so sure they'd kiss each other on but

Wri637N.png

alright, now just wait for a romance rival or two. it would be a boy who is yuki's rival on the caligraphy world, her childhood friend, or maybe be both within one character that transfered to their school. another one is someone who secretly like nakamura, someone who's clumsy enough, or his childhood friend that called him "onii-chan", or maybe yuki's rival in calligraphy and nakamura

s childhood friend that secretly liked nakamura and seemed to be bothered by he and yuki's relationship or so or so.

i hope it's not happening though, but another character ought to be introduced to spice the romance up in the near future.

Oh, I missed this

While I do enjoy this, I can see why others wouldn't. Tachibana is a manipulative little shrew with an over-inflated ego. Plus there's no guarantee that her teaching him calligraphy will allow him to get closer to Amano that way. But he is clearly desperate, since he obviously has trouble approaching her himself. I'm not sure about Amano liking his friend though.. I think she's probably just nice in general. Regardless, I'm not thinking too deeply on the manipulation, and just enjoying the idiocy.

On the other hand, you get to see her fail in ways most people wouldn't, so it's entertaining.

Also hot damn that cover image.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics