Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 225votes)

Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai

Alt Names: alt ليس ليوغامي-كن أي صديقalt Yugami -κουν δεν έχει φίλουςalt Yugami-kan não tem nenhum amigoalt Yugami-kun Doesn't Have Any Friendsalt Yugami-kun não tem amigosalt Yugami-kun tidak punya temanalt Yugami-kun'un Hiç Arkadaşı Yokalt 湯神くんには友達がいない
Author: Sakura Jun
Artist: Sakura Jun
Genres: Comedy ComedySchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story of the comedy manga revolves around Yūji Yugami and Chihiro Watanuki, who sit next to each other in class. Unfortunately for the transfer student Chihiro, Yūji is weird... extremely weird. Even though he's the ace of the baseball club, he hasn't adapted to the club at all. He also stands apart from the rest of the class, but seems completely satisfied with being alone.
Go to Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

285 Comments

I don't think the author wanted people to think that Yugami is autistic. He may just very well be like Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory. They just have some unusual quirks.

It would also be incorrect to assume autism based on him putting things in order and having some rigorous discipline at this age, by that logic the majority of military personnel who also inherit and continue their trained discipline and principles in normal life would also all be autists, and people who grow up under these individuals and are also taught discipline by them. It may be a choice or trained. There is a good reason it takes weeks of analysis rather than simplistic overview of an individual, for medical experts to finally bring out confident diagnosis for people.

Then again, autism would be a benign thing to talk about on a site where plenty of people over 20 read manga and watch anime, we all have some quirks and what could be diagnosed as "mental issues", which is actually normal.

I don't think the author wanted people to think that Yugami is autistic. He may just very well be like Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory. They just have some unusual quirks.

That's closer to OCD than autism.

The lack of general empathy, the need for structure, the lack of social understanding and being able to focus single-mindedly to the point of extreme are all part of the autism spectrum, not OCD. But OCD is associated with autism, because it's very easy for autistic people to develop OCD. But please don't confuse the two. I wasn't basing my statement on just the schedule alone, mind you.

I don't care if Yugami is an autist, assperger, has OCD, is a psychopath or passes his time hanging chickens and eating babies,

i love this bastard.

That kind of behavior is classic autism. And it seems like it's a relatively light spectrum of autism. Especially the schedule at the bottom part of http://vatoto.com/read/_/254326/yugami-kun-ni-wa-tomodachi-ga-inai_v1_ch3_by_habanero-scans/2 is a clear indication of it.

Well, there are lots more indicators the more I read, but yeah pretty much everything about him screams autism.

That's closer to OCD than autism.

Yugami is a weird one. He doesn't really know what empathy is, I guess? But he's not really a bad guy, considering he offered Chihiro advice and seems to actually want her to make friends, so I like him. I lol'd when he saw Chihiro walk into class and he brightened up, anticipating her greeting their classmates but she failed and he got mad about it.

BTW, here's the 30 second anime CM promoting the manga for anyone who hasn't seen it. Kouki Uchiyama voices Yugami and Madoka Yonezawa voices Chihiro.

That kind of behavior is classic autism. And it seems like it's a relatively light spectrum of autism. Especially the schedule at the bottom part of http://vatoto.com/read/_/254326/yugami-kun-ni-wa-tomodachi-ga-inai_v1_ch3_by_habanero-scans/2 is a clear indication of it.

Well, there are lots more indicators the more I read, but yeah pretty much everything about him screams autism.

In the US a no hitter is an implied no run game. If a run is allowed it is specified because allowing a run during a no hitter is rare. The translation comes off as awkward to a sports fan.

I'm a baseball fan myself too. I'm not going to comment on how American fans feel about no-hitters, but MLB officially recognizes a no-hitter as "a completed game in which a team that batted in at least nine innings recorded no hits," which includes, but is not limited to a shutout game.

On the other hand, NPB (the pro league in Japan) defines a "No-hit No-run game" as a shutout game of equal to or more than nine innings won by a single pitcher.

(1) A no-hitter could have a run or more allowed, while a NHNR means absolutely no run allowed.

(2) A no-hitter could be done by multiple pitchers, while a NHNR means a single pitcher.

(3) A no-hitter is possible in a draw game, but a NHNR has to be a win (a draw doesn't count).

(4) Both a no-hitter (since 1991) and a NHNR has to be equal to or more than nine innings in the game.

Above is trivias from a fellow sports fan. 

Good read, Followed!

In the US a no hitter is an implied no run game. If a run is allowed it is specified because allowing a run during a no hitter is rare. The translation comes off as awkward to a sports fan.

Does Japanese baseball share the same rule? if not then your issue is irrelevant.

this manga is a gem. Yugami is a gem

Yes, it does seems like there will be romance now.

I added the Romance tag. Since it was there in manga-updates. Please do not remove it.

Oooh love this! Really love a main chara that ain't helpless or useless, accompanied with super duper mega confidence... Though it's not enough to make me literally lol-ing, but truly funny XD

"1000 yen is roughly 60 Norwegian krone".

Wait, what, it's not Norway Scans so why...?

Well... the uploader is the one who runs Norway (ap)... so... I guess he translated this, maybe.

"TL Note: 1000 yen is roughly 60 norwegian krone"

Somehow, this conversion doesn't seem appropriate. *Head scratch*

Good manga though.

ah yes i like this. Thanks Habanero & No Group~

...is the romance tag even appropriate here?

I mean, let's be honest with ourselves here, would Yugami even understand the value of romance at all?

One can only hope.

...is the romance tag even appropriate here?

I mean, let's be honest with ourselves here, would Yugami even understand the value of romance at all?

Someone self sufficient enough to not need other people at all for socializing or amusement.  He is the ultimate person!  So lucky.

im a bit similar to yugami.

reality not that kind though

everytime someone say they similar to someone else, actually they dont. They just see themselves as that someone.

you need a third party to evaluate you

im a bit similar to yugami.

reality not that kind though

Yugami is a weird one. He doesn't really know what empathy is, I guess? But he's not really a bad guy, considering he offered Chihiro advice and seems to actually want her to make friends, so I like him. I lol'd when he saw Chihiro walk into class and he brightened up, anticipating her greeting their classmates but she failed and he got mad about it.

BTW, here's the 30 second anime CM promoting the manga for anyone who hasn't seen it. Kouki Uchiyama voices Yugami and Madoka Yonezawa voices Chihiro.

Ahahaha, love dat male lead.

Thanks for doing this Habanero Scans & No Group

Downloadable link here (the link could be broken any day): http://goo.gl/qHCTyG

v1-4 public raws: https://copy.com/GhTAnnz2s8Jj

Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai was nominated as the 13th place in the List of '2014 Manga Recommendations by Bookstore Employees):

http://www.honyaclub.com/shop/pages/osusume_comic2014.aspx

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics