Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 52votes)

Vanilla Spider

Alt Names: alt バニラスパイダー
Author: Abe Youichi
Artist: Abe Youichi
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Half a year ago, a giant spiderweb appeared across the sky. For a while, it got a lot of media attention. Eventually, when nothing seemed to be happening, people carried on with their normal lives, ignoring the spiderweb. Amedome Tsutsuji lives his daily life under the spiderweb. At school, people have nicknamed him "Ninja," since it's so easy not to notice he's there. Even automatic doors won't acknowledge his presence by opening for him. But he can see what others can't: aliens are coming down from the spiderweb, taking humans bodies as hosts, and eating people.

For that reason, he uses his ninja-like ability to carefully guard his crush, Mizuno, as she goes home from school. In other words, he stalks her, but with the best of intentions. He's determined to be there to protect her when the spider-aliens attack. To that end, he teams up with another, friendlier alien named Tsuda, who gives him a powerful weapon: a faucet. Will Tsutsuji be able to protect Mizuno from the parasitic spider-aliens with his trusty faucet?
Go to Vanilla Spider Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

42 Comments

I assume the suits Tsuda wears are repurposed ones Elevators wore. Otherwise if I was Tsutsuji I'd ask him to make me one, might be fun.

Mr.Tsuda makes me confuse

Liking this lots. Followed.

Abe Youichi... ah now I remember, followed mmm...

Although the bad thingies aren't as cleverly bizarre as that fishbowl dealie, so far I seem to be liking the characters more.  In for now at least.

I don't really understand the premise.  So these things are parasites that eat their hosts inside out and then grow to take over their bodies?  Do they have access to the hosts memories or something?  They seem able to interact with people somehow.   

I wonder why he becomes 'noticable' when he kills an elevator? Also, what is up with that enormous school girl?

Did you not see that black creature airing out his Tsuda suit? And how do you explain the enormous spider web? Is it a mass delusion? How about the missing girls? The fact that a monster kidnapped Mizuno? The numerous other indicators that something is not right with this manga's world?

Nah, this guy is probably completely sane, aside from stalking a girl. Besides, if he was insane, why aren't the police searching for the serial killer who has beaten four people to death with a blunt object? Also, with that level of delusion, he'd be almost completely incapable of functioning in society and would stand out rather than be barely noticable.

If the police in this city can't even notice people are getting eaten, then i doubt they give a shit about the 4 people the MC has killed.

As expected of Abe Youichi, completely confusing but at the same time strangely interesting *Follow*.

That faucet and pipe are quite cool. Wait a moment... What I've just said?

Thank you for your work!

I wonder why he becomes 'noticable' when he kills an elevator? Also, what is up with that enormous school girl?

I think it's more likely that the kid's a crazed serial killer who's just imagining the aliens than that there's actually an invasion going on.

Did you not see that black creature airing out his Tsuda suit? And how do you explain the enormous spider web? Is it a mass delusion? How about the missing girls? The fact that a monster kidnapped Mizuno? The numerous other indicators that something is not right with this manga's world?

Nah, this guy is probably completely sane, aside from stalking a girl. Besides, if he was insane, why aren't the police searching for the serial killer who has beaten four people to death with a blunt object? Also, with that level of delusion, he'd be almost completely incapable of functioning in society and would stand out rather than be barely noticable.

Eh.

Oh hey, a group picked up Abe's other manga! Awesome! And thanks! And congrats on coming back from the dead!

Turns out to be more arachnophobe-friendly than I thought, too.

Hrm, kinda weird and kinda interesting I guess I'll foll-

>Abe Youichi

*slams on the follow button 1000 times*

WHY AREN'T NEW CHAPTERS OUT YET

This was very interesting. Thanks for the work. Looking forward to the next release.

I think it's more likely that the kid's a crazed serial killer who's just imagining the aliens than that there's actually an invasion going on.

Thanks for putting this up, I love Abe Youichi's stuff and have always wanted to read this. Really making my day.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics