Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 399votes)

Taishou Otome Otogibanashi

Alt Names: alt 大正処女御伽話alt タイシャウヲトメおとぎばなしalt 타이 샤 오토메 동화/다이쇼시대 소녀 전래동화alt Taishou Wotome Otogibanashialt Сказка о девушке эпохи Тайсё
Author: Kirioka Sana
Artist: Kirioka Sana
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In this story set in the early 1920s, Tamahiko is the son of a wealthy family, but his life is changed forever when an accident cripples his right arm. No longer considered by his father as an heir, he is shuffled off into the country, to live out of sight. The teenage Tamahiko shuts himself in his new home, bitterly thinking of it as the place where he will die. One day, he learns that his father has 'bought' him a bride to take care of him, when the young teen girl named Yuzuki arrives at his door. She comes into his life like an innocent ray of sunshine, and Tamahiko's view of the world and his life starts changing bit-by-bit...
Go to Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic How much is the debt nowadays? New Window Ryoumiya
  • 1 Replies
Topic What is "botchan"? New Window truepurple
  • 8 Replies
Topic And this is just the beginning New Window jrandom42
  • 2 Replies

822 Comments

I know this it's going to be solved. I know this is going to end up with a happy ending.

But still what that sad excuse of a family is doing is so enraging it almost physically hurts. Especially the little bastard and the sly woman. The father is just a cynical unfeeling asshole but those two take glee in suffering. And that's screwed up.

I too have just binged this (up to chapter 30)and my only feeling right now is

OHMYGOD.gif

Just binged this series, and I'm hella glad I did. Sooo cuuuuute. I know this latest development will work itself out, not worried there. Our main couple's too stronk

Thanks for translating!

What an effin cliche. Resolved in 3 to 4 chapters, I bet.
Not a spoiler

If this is a false alarm, I'll be very happy to apologize. I'd rather have it be true that I'm being too cynical, than that someone is spoiling again for no reasonably-justifiable cause.

That said, fair warning:

The first few words of the next post are

"After reading the raws to the end".

If you're brave/trusting enough to read past there to find out if it's a spoiler, please let me know. (I'm not.)

After reading the raws to the end, I must say there isn't any unnecessary drama, it's just the explaining arc that gives a little character developement/background info of the father and his older sister.

Btw, why is the name transcripted as Yuzuki? It's Yudzuki (as the tsuki in her name gets softened, so tsu becomes dzu)...

I don't know if it's related (no pun intended), but remember this occurs at the same time that half the royal families in Europe have a hemophilia gene, because they were all related and marrying close relatives (to avoid "commoners" and strengthen political alliances). Marrying some other rich person's kid seems more likely, but Evil Dad is pretty Evil.

If it's between cousins,then it's fine I guess as marrying a cousin is an acceptable thing in many countries although more distantly related cousins are recommended and have less risk of genetic problems. Marrying your blood-related step-sibling though. Can't say I'm down for that. Not to mention Tamayo is a sadistic psycho.

Wait. You're saying their father probably want the incest route to happen?

I don't know if it's related (no pun intended), but remember this occurs at the same time that half the royal families in Europe have a hemophilia gene, because they were all related and marrying close relatives (to avoid "commoners" and strengthen political alliances). Marrying some other rich person's kid seems more likely, but Evil Dad is pretty Evil.

Such a roller coaster this had become. It's bad for the heart.

No it has to be someone unlikeable and of pedigree, so probably his older sister.

Wait. You're saying their father probably want the incest route to happen?

They always trump up how tall he is, and he only ends up being 6 feet. Laughing my ass off here. That entire race of manlets will just never learn.

"Father looks... smaller than usual"

Yeah, well @$$holes do that.

Right before they open up and $#!+ on you. (>_<)

F$&% you, Evil Dad. I know you had something to do with that visitor.

Spoiler

inb4 his dad tries to set him up with the singer chick

No it has to be someone unlikeable and of pedigree, so probably his older sister.

I read the raws, but still not glad that the feelings are coming D: 

Fuck you, Dad, and fuck you too,cockblocking cat.

I can't believe the cat cockblocked them ... normally they really make such great wingmans :/ 

Spoiler

TLDR, the manga is ending, oh nooooo... That's the real tragedy here.

exactly ... the main thing we have in this manga is the power of Yuzu, I mean love... nah Yuzu, it's the same, the series started and one of it's main points was about the MC gloomy personality and how he changed with the influence of his new friends and a part of his family (the uncle helping in the disaster was a big plus for him too), but the start of it all was the *#/(&("%"(/& Dad, so him being the last obstacle is a pretty good end.

Spoiler

I got the feeling that the fkin older sister did this

Pages 26 and 27.

That ain't no Otome(Maiden/Virgin) kiss. That's a WOMAN kiss. Yeah "things" we're DEFINITELY gonna happen before kitty interrupted.

Fuck you, Dad, and fuck you too,cockblocking cat.

inb4 his dad tries to set him up with the singer chick

One of those times where i hate a cat

so, I guess because he's not a dead son anymore, the marriage with the bought low class kid is now called off to pair him with bride from higher status?

The focus on the @#$#$ dad was so low at the start that you could write the whole thing off as an excuse plot, at least until the earthquake. Even after then he spends too many panels on cute stuff. Hell, even in this chapter he spends too many panels on cute art.

The whole subplot came so late that it's a genre shift, a shitty one.

It's not about in denial, it's about consistent writing. He should have had the guy recover from PTSD in 3 chapters and then focus on family drama, instead of 15 chapters of basically SoL/yuzu moe/whatever.

Writing conventions be damned, I'm so sick of long series introducing political drama and endless cliffhangers just because writing conventions demand it.
I'll actually take a series of nothing but Yuzu doing chores for 100 chapters because those feel so rare. Probably wouldn't sell, sigh.

Well I already know how it ends (and anyone can predict it, it's simple), so I'm wondering what this curveball is about.

I assume it was his father, but why bother?

Spoiler

TLDR, the manga is ending, oh nooooo... That's the real tragedy here.

That cat needs to be disposed of.

2372.jpg

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics