Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 386votes)

Lies of the Sheriff Evans: Dead or Love

Alt Names: alt 保安官エヴァンスの嘘alt Hoankan Evans no Uso: Dead or Love
Author: Kuriyama Mizuki
Artist: Kuriyama Mizuki
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The misadventures of the sheriff Elmore Evans as he attempts to find luck in his love life.
Go to Lies of the Sheriff Evans: Dead or Love Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Chapter discussion of Sheriff Evans' Lies New Window truepurple
  • 15 Replies

742 Comments

That's a great relief :)
I hope this gets animated, and we get an english Op with terrible cowboy accents
Yeehaw

I'm going to be mighty disappointed if the characters don't speak with the thickest southern drawl. Either that or full on Spaghetti western.

inb4 the daughter is already at marriageable age and becomes Oakley`s rival...?

Nah. No chance.

That's one timely punchline, hahaha...

"This is my daughter"

*Oakley appears*

"OUR daughter"

There, solved. They are practically married by this point anyways.

next chapter will be good :)

"This is my daughter"

*Oakley appears*

"OUR daughter"

it's Oakley and Evans they are obviously gonna screw up, 'cause saying they are married or a couple is too much for their pride and stupidity

"The same thing could be said of you, sheriff"

Well that's where you're wrong, narrator. Evans' poker face is impecable.

"This is my daughter"

*Oakley appears*

"OUR daughter"

Thank you for the new chapter.

I've seen enough daytime drama's too know that this will end with someone being shot.

he's gonna see her and say that she's his wife.

If he doesn't, I'll be really disappointed...

That is one surprised-looking mother at the end.

I do read Sheriff Evans and Kaguya, but not those other ones. I just don't find those others as interesting as Sheriff and Keguya, especially when it comes to how likable the side characters are. Still, opinions may vary.

Sheriff and Kaguya are different executions of similar concepts. In their case it is a case of two people who like eachother, but for whatever reason do not want to admit it and are instead stuck playing these mind games (in Sheriff it is due to the father's advice, while with Kaguya it is because they somehow managed to convince themselves that the one who confesses is the loser). Commenting on the two pairs' antics is the ever present narrator who takes an active role in the manga, calling them out or sometimes providing a punchline to the scene.

In comparison I'd argue Tomo and Yakumo to be a different sort of manga. Still romance, and still cute, but without the narrator and the constant "battles" (for lack of a better word) they are too different for me to consider them part of the same group.

Note though that I never got into Tomo or Yakumo, so might be misrepresenting them. Read quite a few chapters though to get a hang of it, so hopefully I've got it right.

TL;DR What sets Sheriff and Kaguya apart from a lot of romance is the active narrator, and to a certain degree the antics of the main couple.

Why does that girl look so much like Oakley? Is she their child from the future?

Back to the future 3 shenanigans, perhaps
Why does that girl look so much like Oakley? Is she their child from the future?

I bet $5 he's gonna see Oakley and say that she's the mom/his wife, therefore insta-fixing the situation and gaining waifu points in her book.

Go for broke my man

Well, that is Very huge bomb dropped there.

Well, he burned that bridge in spectacular fashion.

Shoulda saw it coming a mile away, but I still chuckled.

Deputy Ted and his belief of being in a legit western have a lot of untapped potential

I hope this gets animated, and we get an english Op with terrible cowboy accents

Yeehaw

The only type of dub America can try to get correct and possibly succeed. ;)

It's currently being serialized in Weekly Shounen Sunday, it isn't as cutthroat as Weekly Shouen Jump. Although WSS has been struggling (it's circulation has been steadily decreasing over the years).

They seem to be pushing Sheriff Evans to be a main stay though, it got the second most color pages of any series in WSS this year (behind Hatuskoi Zombie which had 10) and this latest chapter (36) actually got the cover page for the magazine this week. Looks like it'll stick around a while.

Yeehaw

This manga is so tame yet so consistently hilarious, such a rare find.

Is it doing well in japan though?, I can't really find anyone talking about it and I feel it's getting cut short like many others I like :(

Who knew a combination of action, romance, and comedy with endearing characters would be a success.

Is it doing well in japan though?, I can't really find anyone talking about it and I feel it's getting cut short like many others I like :(

It's currently being serialized in Weekly Shounen Sunday, it isn't as cutthroat as Weekly Shouen Jump. Although WSS has been struggling (it's circulation has been steadily decreasing over the years).

They seem to be pushing Sheriff Evans to be a main stay though, it got the second most color pages of any series in WSS this year (behind Hatuskoi Zombie which had 10) and this latest chapter (36) actually got the cover page for the magazine this week. Looks like it'll stick around a while.

Me reading Chapter 35

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics