Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.12 - 249votes)

Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou!

Alt Names: alt ผมเนี่ยนะ...ชายแปด!alt 八男って、それはないでしょう!alt Eighth son, I don’t think so!alt Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou!
Author: Y.a
Artist: Kusumoto Hiroki
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ichinomiya Shingo, a young 25 years old, single, worker of firm company while thinking of tomorrow' busy working day goes to sleep. However the moment he woke up, it's a room unknown to him. He then learn that he is inside a 6 years-old boy and is taking over his mind. He then learn a lot from the memories of the said boy: he was born as the youngest child (8th son and 10th child) of poor noble family living in back country. Having no administrative skill, he can't do anything to manage the vast land his family has. Fortunately, he is blessed with a very rare talent, talent of magic. Unfortunately, while his talent could bring prosperity to his family, in his situation it only brought disaster. Yes, this is the story of the boy, Wendelin Von Benno Baumeister, opening his own path in a harsh world.

adapted from the web novel series of the same name
RAW: http://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF00000009010000_68/
Go to Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Web Novel translation New Window Starbuck
  • 0 Replies

309 Comments

Merchant dude took an arrow to the knee it seems.

And by the looks of him right now, someone needs to steal his supply of sweet-rolls.

but....it was a fire dragon, i wasn't aware they used arrows

Corusdracos dropped the ball here.

can't shake off the feeling that the people around him are only there because of his circumstances and the benefits they can experience from it. dunno why. maybe it's the lack of drama between them, or because the MC and his friends aren't exactly equals. it's like seeing a shark and the small fish that swim with it.

if we are talking swordsmanship his bestfriend has him beat, if we are talking hand to hand combat the little one(short hair) can beat him black and blue.

Spearmanship and leadership, ponytail can do better than him.

He has magic and modern(from their point of view) ideas.

They each have areas they excel and I think they work well together.

The MC is only OP in terms of magic.

Trained magic instead of play, youngest child so he doesn't have much responsibilities and don't forget the OP teacher who showed him the trick to expand his mana since young.

well the story is fast paced in the manga so they left out a few things.

He did a lot of internal monologue in the novel.

each chapter has around 2k words plus(around the time he met magic teacher)

can't shake off the feeling that the people around him are only there because of his circumstances and the benefits they can experience from it. dunno why. maybe it's the lack of drama between them, or because the MC and his friends aren't exactly equals. it's like seeing a shark and the small fish that swim with it.

Agreed, it feels like their friendship wasn't developed enough.

More than anything from this chapter That capital sure looks shiny af. That or the artist sure loves his sparkles

Spoiler

I tried to summarize everything without putting too heavy spoilers in it. It was months ago in the novel, maybe some parts were slightly different but you get the idea.

Are you reading the RAW's? I follow the WN and the last bit is only to the fight

taking bets on how many princesses he can add to his harem

Spoiler

Them Arrows sure love kneecaps

Nope not at all. He has to travel to a city first before he starts his harem.

In order (spoiler alert, duh)

Spoiler

Well he defeated Ancient Dragon while pushing all his limit and got lucky there, well there still 2 girls in party and have no doubt they liking him.

>looks at cover page

Hold on, let me guess. Does the MC get OP powers and instantly get a harem of stereotypes after being transported to a fantasy world?

Nope not at all. He has to travel to a city first before he starts his harem.

>looks at cover page

Hold on, let me guess. Does the MC get OP powers and instantly get a harem of stereotypes after being transported to a fantasy world?

He comments that he can make a living from selling salt which is EASILY made from sea water via magic!  Basic economics (supply/demand) would devalue salt so much he wouldn't make a living from it.  Its like water and earth magic that makes matter out of nothing (aka mana), it breaks the balance of... well... alchemy.  Full Metal Alchemist did a great job establishing a magic-fantasy world with proper balances

It would probably be him that would devalue salt. In a pre-industrial/pre-tech setting, producing salt from seawater would be heavily dependent on climatic conditions- which means that somewhere with a hotter climate is going to have somewhat of a monopoly on it. Add in transit cost, and delay from evaporation time, and you have very expensive salt that someone is already printing money with.

To produce salt from seawater elsewhere, such as in a temperate or colder environment, would require significant monetary investment in fuel cost to induce evaporation of water in an amount to meet import demand. If you limit the amount of salt you're introducing into the market, you might see a dip, but it wouldn't be very drastic. Dump a large amount of salt into the market, and you'll probably see a large drop in price, but you'll probably see an equal or even more dramatic rise if you stop dumping excess salt on the market. Remember that, unlike a post-industrial/tech society, salt is going to be one of your main preservation methods of food, and it works great for masking the racid flavor of semi-spoiled food (you just cut off the bad portion and try to consume the rest).

He comments that he can make a living from selling salt which is EASILY made from sea water via magic!  Basic economics (supply/demand) would devalue salt so much he wouldn't make a living from it.  Its like water and earth magic that makes matter out of nothing (aka mana), it breaks the balance of... well... alchemy.  Full Metal Alchemist did a great job establishing a magic-fantasy world with proper balances

Oh no. I should not have looked at the spoilers. now I know what is happening at the end of the current arc in the novel translations

...Well if it's his brother's widow, then I don't think that counts as a NTR honestly...

Spoiler

tried to summarize everything without putting too heavy spoilers in it. It was months ago in the novel, maybe some parts were slightly different but you get the idea.

Not just that, it was dead because something killed it!

well or he/she/it just exceeded its expiration date ;P

Spoiler

...Well if it's his brother's widow, then I don't think that counts as a NTR honestly...

So a small bone dragon wouldn't be undead then ...

Wait, don't tell me that small bone dragon really is called "Bone Dragon", hence different than "Undead Dragon"?

Okay then, i think i need to see "Zombie Dragon", "Skeleton Dragon", and "Dry Dragon" in this universe.

Spoiler

Comments like this always amuse me. They highlight the fact that most of the audience has never visited, let alone lived in, another country before.

Exactly this.

I've lived my whole summer alone in another country this year, and I can tell you that sometimes I just wanted to eat some things from my home country. It wasn't difficult as I wasn't that far and I could find the ingredients quite easily, but in another world ? I totally would at some points eats some of my favourite food, and try to recreate it given the opportunity.

Man, that SkullGreymon cameo was amazing.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics