Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 1530votes)

Mahou Tsukai no Yome

Alt Names: alt Ang Asawa ng Magoalt เจ้าสาวผมแดงกับจอมเวทอสูรalt Cô Dâu Pháp Sưalt Die Braut des Magiersalt 魔法使いの嫁alt 魔法使之嫁alt 魔法使的新娘alt Kadim Magus'un Gelinialt La Femme du Magealt La Prometida del Magoalt La sposa dello stregonealt Mahoutsukai no Yomealt Oblubienica czarnoksiężnikaalt The Ancient Magus' Bridealt The Magician's Bridealt Velhon morsianalt Невеста чародеяalt כלת המגוס העתיקalt عروس السّاحر
Author: Yamazaki Kore
Artist: Yamazaki Kore
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hatori Chise is only 16, but she has lost far more than most. With neither family nor hope, it seems all doors are closed to her. But a chance encounter begins to turn the rusted wheels of fate. In her darkest hour, a mysterious magus appears before Chise, offering a chance she couldn't turn down. This magus who seems closer to demon than human, will he bring her the light she desperately seeks, or drown her in ever deeper shadows?
Nominated for the 8th Manga Taisho Award.
Go to Mahou Tsukai no Yome Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Up-To-Date Theories! Seeing Things With a New Set of Eyes New Window Lilienne Lethe
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chise's Eye Color New Window koreofpacks
  • 7 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Comadrin
  • 1 Replies
Topic OVAs by Studio Wit New Window 8lacKy
  • 8 Replies
Topic Chapter 27 New Window Yung_Zefling
  • 2 Replies

1286 Comments

Yay! An up to date update and a damn good cliff hanger to boot.

oh boy, here comes the demon.(both literal and figurative)

let the bloodbath begin!!

Ohhh,someones really fucked next chapter.

May God have mercy on your soul for he will not.

I'm grateful for maigo's scans, but I feel like sense does it better. Something about the tone just adds a different quality to the characters

Really? In what way? Maigo's scans are superior in every aspect - the translation, characterization, and cleaning all blow Sense out of the water.

Just one example:

http://vatoto.com/read/_/277068/mahou-tsukai-no-yome_v1_ch3_by_maigo/7

http://vatoto.com/read/_/224225/mahou-tsukai-no-yome_ch3_by_sense-scans/8

That's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. Seven Seas did not lose the license for either Boogiepop or Shinigami no Ballad. They simply decided to stop publishing them. Then, they held onto the license, keeping other companies from picking up. (and keeping translators over at Baka-Tsuki from touching them w/ a 39.5' pole)

Not to mention the webcomics that they started publishing and then just abandoned. Inverloch is complete at 5 volumes but only ever got 2 published copies from Seven Seas.

-God Ginrai

^Evidence to back this up: https://www.facebook.com/gomanga/posts/468994174450

>"high production costs and lower than expected sales"

Actually, although that did happen to Blood Alone (all of which I have on my shelf) and some other titles, that wasn't their fault. They only fail to finish a series IF it gets taken away from them, as far as I've seen.

That's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. Seven Seas did not lose the license for either Boogiepop or Shinigami no Ballad. They simply decided to stop publishing them. Then, they held onto the license, keeping other companies from picking up. (and keeping translators over at Baka-Tsuki from touching them w/ a 39.5' pole)

Not to mention the webcomics that they started publishing and then just abandoned. Inverloch is complete at 5 volumes but only ever got 2 published copies from Seven Seas.

-God Ginrai

Spoiler

Hope this soothes your worries a bit! At least they give that much of a dammitol. 

Thanks a lot for all the info! I've already preordered it at a local store that will import it. It's worth it for me, I really love this manga and I have no doubt I'm going to enjoy it even more in printed form.

I'm grateful for maigo's scans, but I feel like sense does it better. Something about the tone just adds a different quality to the characters

Really? I've never really noticed their existence tbh, so I've got no clue. And I was really happy that this was licensed :(

Actually, although that did happen to Blood Alone (all of which I have on my shelf) and some other titles, that wasn't their fault. They only fail to finish a series IF it gets taken away from them, as far as I've seen.

You can ask them anything at their Tumblr. Their social media response is quite decent, as I found out through researching what happened with Blood Alone. So, I updated their info last month at:

https://www.mangaupdates.com/publishers.html?id=231

In the Notes section alone there's 7 web addresses.... Oh, heck. Click below for that web contact info:

Hope this soothes your worries a bit! At least they give that much of a dammitol. 

From Sense's site:

So our long-time coming update about what's happening with Magus and Rain is here! Up until a few weeks ago we were aware that Rain and Magus were moving online, however as we found out the other week Rain and Magus are being published there and in a magazine called Comic Garden. As such, we'll be continuing monthly releases with these series... once we catch up a bit due to this misunderstanding.

As well, people mentioned to us that Magus is going to be published in English. That's great! We'll keep doing Magus but we'll be following the same policy as we have with Magi: when the corresponding English volume is released we'll remove those chapters from our site.

[...] Please keep an eye on the recruit pages in case we need staff for Rain and Magus.

Oh fuck. Seven Seas got the rights? That's the worst thing that could happen. All that company does is license good series and then leave them to die.

Really? I've never really noticed their existence tbh, so I've got no clue. And I was really happy that this was licensed :(

Mahou Tsukai no Yome will be published by Seven Seas Entertainment.

The first volume will be out in May 2015.

I can't wait, really want to buy this one

I'm wondering though, will you keep translating it (at least for now), Sense-Scans?

Oh fuck. Seven Seas got the rights? That's the worst thing that could happen. All that company does is license good series and then leave them to die.

Mahou Tsukai no Yome will be published by Seven Seas Entertainment.

The first volume will be out in May 2015.

I can't wait, really want to buy this one

I'm wondering though, will you keep translating it (at least for now), Sense-Scans?

Really loving this manga so far. :)
I, for one, really excited to reread it on a crystal clear scans. With all the tankobon bonuses. And a better translation (might be subjective).
Thank you, Maigo.

I got super excited it got updated today, but turns out it's only Maigo putting up Chapter 1 T.T.

Hey, atleast there's hope they'll keep doing it :D

Tho I hope someone continues this :/

I got super excited it got updated today, but turns out it's only Maigo putting up Chapter 1 T.T.

If people like this manga they should read this one as well, it has a similar vibe and I really like it 

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/majo-no-shinzou-r4253

Apparently the limited edition of 2nd volume has a some sort of special with events between 8 and 9 chapters.
Spoiler

Come on kinokuniya, don't fail me now.

I really like this series, I waited a looot of time to start reading and I'm glad because I want moaaar xD

Man, this kind of story is so rare nowadays. Which is a shame, since straight fantasy (with a historical flavor) is my favorite genre. It reminds me of all the books that I used to read as a kid, with their grand sense of wonder, camaraderie, and adventure.

Mahou is a fantastic substitute for those absent stories today. In modern YA, it seems like 2/3 of books published are about teenagers who are dead set on correcting their dystopian world and devote more time to infuriating love quadrangles rather than world-building. There are a few series that distinguish themselves from the pack (the Chaos Walking trilogy comes to mind), but overall, it's becoming very... bland....

Anyway, 10/10 would recommend this manga.

She's gonna get one helluva great familiar puppy when this arc is over. He's cuddly in both his forms.

Monthlyyy. :C

Wiki has an interesting article on the Church Grim, for those interested. I really like the lore of the Black Dogs of the British Isles.

Also I want a cotton insect so bad.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the same vibe from reading Natsume Yuujinchou when they read this manga?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics