Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 166votes)

Yowamushi Pedal

Alt Names: alt โอตาคุน่องเหล็กalt 弱虫ペダルalt En selle, Sakamichi !alt 飆速宅男alt Weakling Pedal
Author: Watanabe Wataru
Artist: Watanabe Wataru
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Otaku Sakamichi Onoda has just entered high school and plans to join the anime club. In middle school, Onoda didn’t have any friends with whom he could talk about anime, games, Akihabara and other otaku things, and he is hoping he can make such friends in the anime club, but he finds out it's been disbanded. In order to reestablish the club he tries to find 4 other people who would like to join.

Since he was a little boy, Onoda has ridden his mamachari–a bulky bicycle with a step-through frame mainly used for short rides, such as for casual fun or to pick up groceries–to go to Akihabara every week to check out or buy otaku things. Fellow freshman Shunsuke Imaizumi and bicyclist, while training, notices a boy (Onoda) riding his mamachari up a steep road.

Freshman and road racing cyclist, Shokichi Naruko visits Akihabara to get some Gundam plastic models for his younger brothers and meets Onoda who catches his attention because of the his cycling skill on the mamachari and later find out they go to the same school. Later on, both Naruko and Imaizumi try to convince him to join the bicycle racing club, but will he?
Go to Yowamushi Pedal Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Licensed? New Window buttouchkohai
  • 2 Replies

360 Comments

An important information about the Wataru Watanabe's Majimoji Rurumo saga  will be announced in the Gekkan Shonen Sirius of June (26/04).

I believe a new sequel or spin-off. I hope it doesn't mean the Yowamushi Pedal end.  :mellow:

3 km of descents and flats, climbers really should have been able to hold on to win the day unless they were only a few seconds ahead of everyone else. But the climbers were more than 1km ahead on the climb, that's 2+ minutes. I guess I'm being too technical here, but it really bothered me, especially when they were passed after just a few hundred meters of descending.

This is a very role specific manga. Ignore realism.
Why didn't the 'sprinters' pull everyone along on the flats? Why did the 'aces' have to compete in the final sprint instead of the sprinters, despite leaving the group only after the climb?

I wonder can't they just ride behind other team, for example midosuji riding behind hakogaku? or are there some reason they can't do or would not do that?

When reading this manga ignore slip-streaming except for where it is mentioned. e.g. The sprinters could have pulled everyone along on the flats but they didn't.

Anyway, Hakogaku would probably shake off a wheel-grabber unless he did his share of the work

Currently watching the anime. I never was good with cliffhanger ... SO LET'S SPOIL AS MUCH AS I CAN XD

I wonder can't they just ride behind other team, for example midosuji riding behind hakogaku? or are there some reason they can't do or would not do that?

I don't think doing something you enjoy should make you 'uncool'. (Personally, I thought it was kind of cute.)

It's interesting that there are people who read manga and watch anime are very aware of the negative connotation associated with the word 'otaku' and will hold the same negative opinion of others despite having similar tastes.
(This sounds kind of accusatory but I assure you my tone is neutral. I just found it very interesting.)

I'm not insulted, but you make some very wrong assumptions.

First off, otaku is a word used for anyone unhealthily obsessed with any particular subject, not someone who enjoys anime and manga. It doesn't just have a 'negative connotation', it's an inherently derogative word like any other insult. For this reason, people that refer to themselves as otaku don't know what the word implies; it's like saying you're a socially inept freak for liking your hobby. And as you say, hobbies are not something you should be ashamed of.

Secondly, my issue with Onoda is not that he's 'uncool', it's that he is what you would call a typical anime/manga fan. True, he accomplishes a sympathetic representation of a stereotype. At the same time, he solidifies the image that an anime fan is short, bespectacled, insecure, and friendless until he does sports. Onoda would probably be out of shape too, if it wasn't for his obsession with capsule toys and figurines.

And then on top of all that, Onoda had to go and sing a song about a flat-chested princess. It could've been any subject, but no, it had to be about breasts, implying anime watchers are perverts, even if Onoda himself isn't. If the mangaka really wanted to represent 'otaku' favorably, he should've made Onoda realistic, not such an over-the-top example that reinforces the stereotype.

Additionally, the song is plain lame. Onoda is obviously intended to be an 'uncool' otaku character, but when he climbs, he should shine. Instead, he's shouting LOVE LOVE PRINCESS FLAT-CHESTED PRINCESS. It makes me feel that WataMote vibe where you feel ashamed on behalf of the protagonist.

I don't think doing something you enjoy should make you 'uncool'. (Personally, I thought it was kind of cute.)

It's interesting that there are people who read manga and watch anime are very aware of the negative connotation associated with the word 'otaku' and will hold the same negative opinion of others despite having similar tastes.
(This sounds kind of accusatory but I assure you my tone is neutral. I just found it very interesting.)

I doubt Midosuji is doing steroids - it wouldn't be strange for his character, but this isn't that kind of manga.

Also, I'm sorry, but that anime song is ridiculous - in fact, it even detracts from Onoda's cool climbing. How can they even afford to waste their breath on that?

This is a shonen manga. They can at least afford to at least throw some realism out the window.

It's how Onoda keeps his rhythm, that's why he sings different parts of the song depending on the situation.

I realize that, but what I'm saying is, it's not believable that rhythm is so important they can afford to mess up their breathing by singing. 

Additionally, the song is plain lame. Onoda is obviously intended to be an 'uncool' otaku character, but when he climbs, he should shine. Instead, he's shouting LOVE LOVE PRINCESS FLAT-CHESTED PRINCESS. It makes me feel that WataMote vibe where you feel ashamed on behalf of the protagonist.

Also, I'm sorry, but that anime song is ridiculous - in fact, it even detracts from Onoda's cool climbing. How can they even afford to waste their breath on that?

It's how Onoda keeps his rhythm, that's why he sings different parts of the song depending on the situation.

I doubt Midosuji is doing steroids - it wouldn't be strange for his character, but this isn't that kind of manga.

That explosive diarrhea...

There. Your answer.

That explosive diarrhea...

I'm starting to seriously wonder if Midosuji (the guy who says "creepy" all the time) is on some form of steroids. It would go a long way in explaining both his physical prowess and the crazy.

Incoming suffering in 3... 2... 1...

I think you should have changed that pink....:)

where can i read spare bike 1&2?

You can't, they haven't been released yet.

where can i read spare bike 1&2?

3 km of descents and flats, climbers really should have been able to hold on to win the day unless they were only a few seconds ahead of everyone else. But the climbers were more than 1km ahead on the climb, that's 2+ minutes. I guess I'm being too technical here, but it really bothered me, especially when they were passed after just a few hundred meters of descending.

two volumes, what a treat <3

and seems a plot twist going to happens here, everyone thought its between souhoku or hakogaku who's going to take the goal, and bam, suddenly kyofushi's midosuji took the goal www

This is how the story goes and there's nothing you can do to change it. MUAHAHAHAHAAH! 

Yeah that's what makes it ridiculous and crap to read.

Woohh.. I LOVE YOU Sleeping Dragons for these Eyegasm Update.. ^_^

An enitre volume on sprinting 1800m, what the fuck. Also if you're gonna be in a team atleast try to work together instead of throwing in this ''willpower'' bullshit.

This is how the story goes and there's nothing you can do to change it. MUAHAHAHAHAAH! 

andy left chest frank right chest? LOL

Talking to his pectoral muscles? Unexpexted

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics