Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.21 - 72votes)

Miss Kiryu Doesn't Know What Love Is.

Alt Names: alt Kiryuu-sensei wa Ren'ai ga Wakaranai.alt 桐生先生は恋愛がわからない。
Author: Ono Haruka
Artist: Ono Haruka
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaJosei JoseiPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: 32-year-old Futaba Kiryu is a manga artist that writes for a weekly shounen magazine. Her latest ongoing manga is a romantic comedy, "Bocchi no Ore kara Riaju no Omaera ni Ittoku" (A Loner Like Me's Got a Lot to Say about You Normies out There) or "Bottoku" for short. It is a best-seller and has an anime adaption on the works. But the truth is, she's completely clueless about romance.

The days go on as she continues on working on her manga with her manga assistants, but soon, one of her assistants, Hiro Asakura (she dubs him as "Assassin" because of his cold and intimidating demeanor), and the anime scriptwriter for the "Bottoku" anime, Kitamura Kyosuke (social media dubs him "The Tactician" for his notoriously clever execution in the anime he's worked in) grow an interest in her and eventually make a move on her. How will Futaba fare in this love triangle when her knowledge of romance is next to nothing?
Go to Miss Kiryu Doesn't Know What Love Is. Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

84 Comments

a psychological manga
about a romantic manga
that is written by a person with no knowledge of romance
which itself written by someone with only shallow understanding of the human mind
am i the only one who sees the irony in that?
no?
figures. psyhological nonsense that justify treating humans like animals and only looks at our instincts always annoyed me. now people all around the world think its ok to forget we are past cave stage and just give in to primal urges, and thats partly popular psychology's fault.
/droppedtsundere repicking/

It's not that the author doesn't understand romance, it's that the main character doesn't understand romance. The author just doesn't like romance and decided to depict this story with a character that is clueless about it. This manga is supposed to portray a few characters that fall in love in a believable fashion. But if you hate psychology so much, then yeah, drop it. The main character ponders about psychology of emotion quite a bit, which is why I added the psychological tag to this manga.
The authors commentary on social constructs such as love and the implication that social conditioning is the only (or even the greatest) factor in its determination is wrong. Society and social constructs reflect human biology and nature, and the removal of them without fully understanding the reason for their existence leads to civilisational crisis. It's funny that the author can clearly point out the double think loners have in regards to their isolation, but cannot when it comes to the loveless MC. I only got 3/5 through the chapter, I'm probably not going to read this.

Yep, I'm sure, since the MC is a woman in her 30s, which probably doesn't resonate well with teenagers.

I was under the impression Batoto set genre tags based on the mag the manga is published in.

a psychological manga
about a romantic manga
that is written by a person with no knowledge of romance
which itself written by someone with only shallow understanding of the human mind

am i the only one who sees the irony in that?
no?
figures. psyhological nonsense that justify treating humans like animals and only looks at our instincts always annoyed me. now people all around the world think its ok to forget we are past cave stage and just give in to primal urges, and thats partly popular psychology's fault.
/dropped

tsundere repicking/

The manga tries to soften the blow of it trying to break social boundaries/norms and talk about society, but it does so in the absolute laziest way possible: admitting that the manga is doing just that.

At the same time, I feel like this manga will be enjoyable. Followed!

I do not intend to accuse you of claiming it's tagged wrong and I apologize if it read that way. 

It's ok, no worries! My first comment was somewhat ambiguous so I guess I got misunderstood.

It may be categorized under Josei but my comment wasn't targeting the reason why. It's a review of a series that appears as Josei but doesn't feel like it at all after reading the first chapter. From the way the drawings were done 'till how the story was told.

Fair enough, it's fine if it bucked what you expected. I do not intend to accuse you of claiming it's tagged wrong and I apologize if it read that way.  Though what is happening as I type is this series getting retagged as shonen, so I was just stressing the point that the publisher's determination is what matters not the material itself- it happens a lot on this site really, especially with the fluffier slice of life comics that run in seinen publications.

The assistant will win first guy rule

Spoiler

Female author, preachy female MC, two guys so likely harem forming, MC herself is shoujo/yosei as hell, the label is the female targeted section.

Batoto conclusion, I dont like it so lets label it shounen! Stop labeling works targeted at a female audience shounen or shoujo all the damn time!

It's pretty original. The girl doesn't wet her panties at every glance, and the guys are used to make fun of popular archetypes. 

The series is in Shogakukan's Flower Comics imprint according to their own website and store. Flower Comics one of their josei publications last time I checked.  That's how series are and should be classified here: by how their publisher does it, not by what this userbase thinks certain tropes target.

It may be categorized under Josei but my comment wasn't targeting the reason why. It's a review of a series that appears as Josei but doesn't feel like it at all after reading the first chapter. From the way the drawings were done 'till how the story was told.

It looks like it is published in Urasunday but under their Jyoshibu branch which for female oriented comics. So this is either a josei or shoujo comic but definitely not shounen.

To make things clear for everyone else: Ura-Sunday is a digital distribution web comic publication. when it launched in 2012 it was run by the Weekly Shonen Sunday editorial department, but now has its own independent editorial management; Shogakukan prints this particular series under Flower Comics (you can see the stamp on the volume 1 cover up above) They consider Flower Comics, Flower Comics Alpha, etc to be a women's manga publication alongside Judy and their women's division of Comic Bunko, not a girl's publication like Ciao and Shojo Comic.

Female author, preachy female MC, two guys so likely harem forming, MC herself is shoujo/yosei as hell, the label is the female targeted section.

Batoto conclusion, I dont like it so lets label it shounen! Stop labeling works targeted at a female audience shounen or shoujo all the damn time!

It's published in Ura Sunday which is a Shounen mag.

The series is in Shogakukan's Flower Comics imprint according to their own website and store. Flower Comics one of their josei publications last time I checked.  That's how series are and should be classified here: by how their publisher does it, not by what this userbase thinks certain tropes target.

It looks like it is published in Urasunday but under their Jyoshibu branch which for female oriented comics. So this is either a josei or shoujo comic but definitely not shounen.

Totally misleading the Josei tag.... It didn't feel like it at all.

It's published in Ura Sunday which is a Shounen mag.

Feels kinda preachy tbh, like pages upon pages of the MC (who I think we can assume the author is speaking through) ranting about things that they find a problem. Like the "not all women like romance" could've been presented by just the MC getting offended by the editors suggestion, she didn't need to go on and on ranting about it and giving different visual aids and stuff for it. The same point would be made. Most of this chapter just came across as page filler

Is the Josei tag a mistake? You sure it shouldn't be Shounen?

If any of you found christmas cake attractive, then I recommend Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai. You'll fall in love with the female lead, a 30-year-old christmas cake, in no time. Heavily recommended.

Also, if someone has other recommendation on manga with christmas cake female lead, please tell me, I'm in the mood for a christmas cake :3

This looks like Komi's autobiography. Guy kept doing good oneshots and got serialized in WSJ with Double Arts. Which flooped hard

Then he goes to create the most generic harem of them all:
Nisekoi. Which sells well
It feels like an ex Jump mangaka tried to write josei. It just doesn't feel like one. P.S. As for her story, it's like something aiming to be Oregairu eventually became Mayochiki

This is such a fuck-up I am at a loss for words. Apparently, the best way to setup a love triangle story is with a chapter full of logical fallacies about psychology.

Is the Josei tag a mistake? You sure it shouldn't be Shounen?

You can't just say "fallacy" like it's a magic spell you know

Alredy 52 chapters, i want moaaar.

I feel like I'm reading the biography of Akasaka Aka who wrote a really edgy manga called Instant Bullet which was axed, and then he wrote Kaguya wants to be confessed to which is a shonen rom-com which is now super popular.

Its okay Akasaka Aka, Instant Bullet is one of my favorite manga and I have always been a fan. Please continue the story and write the story that you wanted to write from High School. Fight on!

looks cute

The assistant will win first guy rule

This is actually pretty good.

It's very rare that a manga touches on topics like sexual minorities, asexuality societal pressure impacting your views or anything of that nature, let alone with respect. Hell, they introduced her friend as bisexual without making a joke of it or having her be the stereotypical "bisexual slut" that manga love to do.

This manga has potential. Imma definitely follow this. It looks like a rarity that will tackle these topics well.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics