Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.92 - 37votes)

I Am My Wife

Alt Names: alt Wǒ shì wǒqīalt 我是我妻
Author: Sf Light Novels
Artist: Sf Light Novels
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural SupernaturalWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: Qiu Yi is a salaryman in his 20s. After going to the wedding of his highschool crush, he becomes disillusioned as he thinks about the past. However, a sudden shocking event sends him back in time 10 years! ... as a girl named Ye Wen!? Qiu Yi faces another strange twist—his former self still exists!

【Am I still myself? Who exactly am I?】 What kind of sparks might ignite when he, as a girl, meets his male self? (Moon Bunny Cafe)
Go to I Am My Wife Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

93 Comments

is that like the "i'm my own grandpa" kinda thing?

14 pages is too short...
I want to see how he becomes his own wife! 
And... I'm sorry but this is freaking lulz to the max level funny as a concept. 

Why do these people who get body swapped into a stranger always try to act like nothing's wrong and figure it out as they go? Wouldn't it be easier to say "Whoa, I don't know what happened, but my memory's gone. Who are you? For that matter, who am I?" You could actually get shit explained to you instead of desperately trying to trick everyone into thinking that nothing has changed.

Because if that happened, people would realize that the girl they knew is actually a twenty-odd man in a woman's body. That would make things very awkward.

Alright, so rather than go the yuri route with his sparkly new maids, he decides to marry himself? What?

Talk about narcisism.

Why do these people who get body swapped into a stranger always try to act like nothing's wrong and figure it out as they go? Wouldn't it be easier to say "Whoa, I don't know what happened, but my memory's gone. Who are you? For that matter, who am I?" You could actually get shit explained to you instead of desperately trying to trick everyone into thinking that nothing has changed.

I was hoping for that cliched way too...

Now, how will they meet each other? School?

They're in same class

I was hoping they'd go to the same house or something

I was hoping for that cliched way too...

Now, how will they meet each other? School?

I was hoping they'd go to the same house or something

Alright, so rather than go the yuri route with his sparkly new maids, he decides to marry himself? What?

Hope you don't mind—I cleaned up the series description to be a bit clearer and more explanatory.

Namely: There's no wincest going on in the genetic sense. Debate all you want about the psychological aspects of the situation, however lol.

I agree though, that relationships where people are too much alike tend not to work out. Some things in common are good/almost required, but everyone needs space/hobbies just to themselves.

To play Devil's advocate: MC could/will find entirely new likes/hobbies opened up by the situation if he's open-minded enough as it were. So technically speaking, they might diverge enough in interests/hobbies to actually make it work given years down the road. But now I'm killing cat-girls again by overthinking a simple comic as usual.

PS: Might it be better to title this "I Am My Own Waifu/Crush"? Assuming the implication in Chinese otaku circles is the same as Japanese, calling a girl your wife (oyome) means waifu, not their actual wife. Then again, we don't know how deep this rabbit hole will go... maybe they do end it with catching up to the present and them marrying? :)

Wincest!

znmv15.jpg

Name of Movie?

Virtual sexuality(1999)

If he gets married to himself as a girl and has a baby (with himself), disregarding the possibility of a mutation, would the baby be an exact clone of one of its parents? This is assuming that he as a girl has the exact same chromosomes as his original self with the only difference being that he know has another X chromosome instead of a Y.

After chap 2...
Nope, not only his gender changed, its more like world/multiverses travelling, where your soul ends up in a different body and there is also another you.
So now hes gonna grow up as a totally different person, namely a beauty & rich otome from a different family. They aren't blood relaxed by any mean.

Interdasting

Gonna follow

Hope you don't mind—I cleaned up the series description to be a bit clearer and more explanatory.

Namely: There's no wincest going on in the genetic sense. Debate all you want about the psychological aspects of the situation, however lol.

I agree though, that relationships where people are too much alike tend not to work out. Some things in common are good/almost required, but everyone needs space/hobbies just to themselves.

To play Devil's advocate: MC could/will find entirely new likes/hobbies opened up by the situation if he's open-minded enough as it were. So technically speaking, they might diverge enough in interests/hobbies to actually make it work given years down the road. But now I'm killing cat-girls again by overthinking a simple comic as usual.

PS: Might it be better to title this "I Am My Own Waifu/Crush"? Assuming the implication in Chinese otaku circles is the same as Japanese, calling a girl your wife (oyome) means waifu, not their actual wife. Then again, we don't know how deep this rabbit hole will go... maybe they do end it with catching up to the present and them marrying? :)

So uh...  I guess I can add self-incest to the list of things I wish didn't exist but now apparently do.

YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION.

Actually, there are so many more nasty mutations that can happen during fertilization, meiosis, mitosis or the implacentation of the fetus that the chance that the child became "genetically deficient" due to inbreeding is rather low. There are also so many chemical substances and radiation of different sources that can lead to similar effects in modern countries, so that would prove to be the least problem.

Isn't this a rather narcissistic concept of love if you literally fall in love with yourself?

And on the contrary, isn't it exactly because we don't like ourselves why we search for completion with a significant other who's different?

Phsychological and philophical hardcore under the cover of a simple story...

If he gets married to himself as a girl and has a baby (with himself), disregarding the possibility of a mutation, would the baby be an exact clone of one of its parents? This is assuming that he as a girl has the exact same chromosomes as his original self with the only difference being that he know has another X chromosome instead of a Y.

no. humans have two different versions of each chromosome, but pass on one at random. so, for any given pair, there is a 50% chance that each version of himself would pass on a different version (and thus be a genetic copy for that chromosome; call it AB), and a 50% chance of passing on two identical ones (equal chances of each, AA and BB).
this is for each of the 23 (i think?) pairs of chromosomes in the human genome.
this is why inbreeding is so bad. successive generations of it will lead to more and more identical pairs (AA can omly pass A, BB can only pass B. AA mating with AB will have a 75% chance of creating an AA, eventually weeding out B ), favoring recessive traits. like hemophelia in the czars.
my explanation could have been better. but in conclusion, the chance of making a genetic copy, even from two identical parents, is extremely low.

The logic of that whole article seems to be based on the premise that the clone is totally cool with being used as your sex slave and/or punching bag for an hour and then dying. Also that guy really wants to fuck himself.

Reminds me of this one crappy original fiction about a guy who was a super narcissist and woke up one day as some girl. he was overjoyed that he could now seduce himself and became a stalker yandere for his old body that acts just like him and doesn't know the crazy girl stalking him is himself, since his body only loves himself he hates the girl him. it was a neat idea.

Wait a minute! There's a movie about that! It's a story about a girl who wishes to find a perfect guy and transform herself in one by some strange machine in a shopping center, BUT, her female version exists in the same time too, and her, now him tries seducing herself. Crazy like hell.

Name of Movie?

Wait a minute! There's a movie about that! It's a story about a girl who wishes to find a perfect guy and transform herself in one by some strange machine in a shopping center, BUT, her female version exists in the same time too, and her, now him tries seducing herself. Crazy like hell.

Selfcest

Read the title.
And immediately was reminded of this.

This is a whole new level of incest .

More like narcissism -_-

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics