Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 141votes)

Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte Kara

Alt Names: alt Alcohol is for Married Couplesalt お酒は夫婦になってからalt El alcohol es solo para parejasalt Love is like a cocktailalt Алкоголь для супружеской пары
Author: Crystal Na Yousuke
Artist: Crystal Na Yousuke
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: From ANN: The "slightly sweet tipsy couple comedy" manga centers on the 28-year-old senior public relations company staff member Chisato Mizusawa. The story follows Chisato's daily life as she enjoys her husband Sora's cocktails. Chisato has secrets that only her husband knows.
Go to Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte Kara Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

188 Comments

"Getting old is mandatory, growing up is optional." Honestly, I've always hated this quote. Why should cartoons, games, and such be juvenile? Things that are fun are fun, and why should they stop being fun just because an individual is getting older? That's just silliness.

Another quote I like is "Some become adults by rejecting their childhood...Others by embracing it."

You have to wonder why the millennials think after you reach a certain age you stop liking what they like.

I'll be 62 in April.  I've seen the first Astroboy series on a B&W Philco TV when it first aired in the US.  Watched Walt Disney when he was still living. Love Hanna-Barberra and Warner Bros Cartoons on Saturday Mornings. Read Marvel Comics back when they were US$0.12 apiece. Saw Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network original series as they appeared on Cable TV. Read Ranama 1/2 fanfiction off the early text-only BBS's with my 486 cpu PC-XT.  Rumiko Takahashi, Akira Toriyama and Mitsuru Adachi are my contemporaries.  I currently read 60-90 mangas a month and actively watch 5-9 subbed anime episodes per week each season. I read Light Novel/Web Novel translations when available. My preferred genres are Romantic-Comedy, School Life, Slice of Life, Sci-fi and Fantasy.  (ROFL for Konsuba) So there you have it some of us Wheezy Geezers still like this stuff we just get more selective (and perhaps critical) of the content.

"Getting old is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Honestly, I've always hated this quote. Why should cartoons, games, and such be juvenile? Things that are fun are fun, and why should they stop being fun just because an individual is getting older? That's just silliness.

Shaken, not stirred.

"This ain't that kind of movie,bruv."

YOU'RE FIFTY YEARS OLD?!

You have to wonder why the millennials think after you reach a certain age you stop liking what they like.

I'll be 62 in April.  I've seen the first Astroboy series on a B&W Philco TV when it first aired in the US.  Watched Walt Disney when he was still living. Love Hanna-Barberra and Warner Bros Cartoons on Saturday Mornings. Read Marvel Comics back when they were US$0.12 apiece. Saw Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network original series as they appeared on Cable TV. Read Ranama 1/2 fanfiction off the early text-only BBS's with my 486 cpu PC-XT.  Rumiko Takahashi, Akira Toriyama and Mitsuru Adachi are my contemporaries.  I currently read 60-90 mangas a month and actively watch 5-9 subbed anime episodes per week each season. I read Light Novel/Web Novel translations when available. My preferred genres are Romantic-Comedy, School Life, Slice of Life, Sci-fi and Fantasy.  (ROFL for Konsuba) So there you have it some of us Wheezy Geezers still like this stuff we just get more selective (and perhaps critical) of the content.

Shaken, not stirred.

007 is good at a lot of things, but ordering a good martini is not one of them.

Shaken, not stirred.

And then they banged

Never had a Martini before but I already know I would hate it. Drinks which make me feel like I have swallowed broken glass are horrible and I've broken off a few friendships over that shit.

Despite being a straight, cis, male (reeeeeeee!), I have to say that this Manga has some top-tier husbandos.

You're an excellent sanitation engineer.

I don't get it.

TMW you get so shitfaced you become the monster from The Ring

And they have the keys to the whole place so watch out......

I was under the impression he was bartending part-time while he was studying and now that he's finished he's doing something well playing. But maybe that's just because I'm surrounded by students where I work:)

YOU'RE FIFTY YEARS OLD?!

If you think that's surprising, wait until you find out he's literally purple

Wow, that was a romantic chapter~(灬♥ω♥灬)

Lemon Man is the best wingman.

If someone is going to make "lemon man"

Please post the picture here and put the picture of them on either side of lemon man with the caption "this is how I met her"

PLEASE!!

YOU'RE FIFTY YEARS OLD?!

Why did I know that?... (checks)... ah right, it's right there on his profile, right next to the absurdly long recommendations list :D

Oh man totally stealing that lemon man recipe

This does seem to happen to most people, but the degree varies a whole lot. It only happened a little bit to me--I'm 50 and I still don't actually like beer, wine that isn't absurdly sweet, or most hard liquor.  My sweet tooth has gotten a bit more nuanced, my chocolate preferences a bit further to the bittersweet, but that's about it.

YOU'RE FIFTY YEARS OLD?!

This manga is blisss

I'm wondering which it is. Because when he was doing that interior designing, it was a set-up of bar stools and a bar counter. Maybe he does manage bars or at least does the design work for them.

I was under the impression he was bartending part-time while he was studying and now that he's finished he's doing something well playing. But maybe that's just because I'm surrounded by students where I work:)

Around 30 your taste buds will change. Bitter tastes will start acquiring nuance and gradation, sweet tastes will become overpowering and umami will dominate your preferences.

This does seem to happen to most people, but the degree varies a whole lot. It only happened a little bit to me--I'm 50 and I still don't actually like beer, wine that isn't absurdly sweet, or most hard liquor.  My sweet tooth has gotten a bit more nuanced, my chocolate preferences a bit further to the bittersweet, but that's about it.

Omg there's another couple like them too??? My heart and liver cant handle this...

Around 30 your taste buds will change. Bitter tastes will start acquiring nuance and gradation, sweet tastes will become overpowering and umami will dominate your preferences. As you grow older, your sense of smell will increasingly define your perception of "taste". That's pretty much when people start acquiring an appreciation of alcohol, coffee, and tea. This doesn't mean you'll suddenly be able to distinguish between chateau d'roi imperielle magnifique super-duper champagne and bog-standard chateau miserables. It just means you'll start being able to differentiate tastes of bitter drinks and form opinions about which you like and which you don't. In my case, it's things like preferring Heineken over most American beers (except Sam Adams), or having a constant itch for Newcastle Brown Ale which is impossible to get where I live (yes, I'm a Heineken whore, shut up), or hating IPA with a passion. Also, I prefer Yanjing over Qingdao when I'm in China and I always look for Sapporo Gold over most Kirin brews when I'm in Japan. Hmmm... now I have an itch for Ebisu which I ALSO can't get here... damnit....

Now, while the idea that expensive drinks are a rip-off is true (barring special circumstances), this has been misunderstood as people being generally unable to distinguish the tastes of different wines. That's not really the case. We do have the ability to distinguish between good (as in stuff which taste we prefer) and bad alcohol. It's just that what tastes good for most people is usually not the most expensive stuff. 

The main reason for that is because historically a lot of the most expensive drinks (unless they're manufactured to be expensive) started out as popular drinks. As the population grows and demand increases, production can't keep up and prices rise to the point that the drinks become inaccessible to most people. That's when the popular taste usually shifts to the best accessible drink in the market. When people become unable to obtain the formerly popular but now expensive drink, fewer and fewer people even know what it tastes like. If the contemporary popular drink turns out to be very different in taste (as in the case of popular sparkling wines vs. Champagne today) to the now-expensive drink, you end up with a situation where the expensive drink is actually not considered any good by the majority of the drinking public, simply because the average preference has shifted. That's when expensive wines become a total rip-off. They're expensive simply because they are, not because people like to drink them.

As an european I absolutely don't understand your last point about expensive drinks. There have been no shift, cheap wine and beer never left the peasant's table since the antiquity and luxuriy products, because of their taste and the work behind, have always find a place with royalty and the papacy. Expensive rip-off based on brand recognition and marketing is quite recent and is applicable today to every product.
What must be very well influencing your final price in the US are transport and taxes,  Heineken is produced in the neitherland and a lot of the best wine is from Europe and South America.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics