Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 166votes)

Yowamushi Pedal

Alt Names: alt โอตาคุน่องเหล็กalt 弱虫ペダルalt En selle, Sakamichi !alt 飆速宅男alt Weakling Pedal
Author: Watanabe Wataru
Artist: Watanabe Wataru
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Otaku Sakamichi Onoda has just entered high school and plans to join the anime club. In middle school, Onoda didn’t have any friends with whom he could talk about anime, games, Akihabara and other otaku things, and he is hoping he can make such friends in the anime club, but he finds out it's been disbanded. In order to reestablish the club he tries to find 4 other people who would like to join.

Since he was a little boy, Onoda has ridden his mamachari–a bulky bicycle with a step-through frame mainly used for short rides, such as for casual fun or to pick up groceries–to go to Akihabara every week to check out or buy otaku things. Fellow freshman Shunsuke Imaizumi and bicyclist, while training, notices a boy (Onoda) riding his mamachari up a steep road.

Freshman and road racing cyclist, Shokichi Naruko visits Akihabara to get some Gundam plastic models for his younger brothers and meets Onoda who catches his attention because of the his cycling skill on the mamachari and later find out they go to the same school. Later on, both Naruko and Imaizumi try to convince him to join the bicycle racing club, but will he?
Go to Yowamushi Pedal Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Licensed? New Window buttouchkohai
  • 2 Replies

360 Comments

so the anime will be longish :)

Yes, although there will be a break in between seasons. We have a couple of episodes left and then wait until Oct for more. Sad, but gives the scanlators time to get ahead again.

I can't wait for the next release :3

Volume 34 cover:

Spoiler

Arakita: Fuck this, fuck that and especially fuck you!!!!!!!

that's the way I see him

Spoiler

i just like how fukutomi's unfazed and was like "what was that you say again?" attitude

i hope he and kinjou will beat midousuji in the goal race :3

oh and i also like how arakita's throwing tantrum like that :P

ah thanks again for an awesome release!
really dig this series :D

It's announced that Yowamushi Pedal has surpassed printing 9,500,000 copies.

so the anime will be longish :)

I would love to see their faces when onoda and the rest catch up hahaha

It's announced that Yowamushi Pedal has surpassed printing 9,500,000 copies.

You probably misinterpreted what I had in mind, which was how the author portrays Midosuji. That's what's so cheap. Every single aspect of the character invokes repulsion and aims to get the reader pissed off. It's a typical good vs evil confrontation with no real depth or any shades of gray.

Well, this is shounen, so I guess it's to be expected.

Ah, yes, I did misinterpreted in that case.  "Cheap villain" means something else entirely in my mind (think episodic monster of the week, or typical evil maou-type).  I call what you described as typical shounen antagonist.  Where they might become rival/friend after.

"Not as planned"? Midosuji clearly thinks he's in a different manga--Death Note. He'd probably get crushed by Light in terms of intelligence, but I think he's winning the "funny faces" contest.

I firmly believe that Midousuji is Yowamushi Pedal's Michael Jordan. He's just so cool!

Just started reading this and I'm at chapter 81. Izumida is creepy. What kind of weirdo names his pecs and talks to them?

You probably misinterpreted what I had in mind, which was how the author portrays Midosuji. That's what's so cheap. Every single aspect of the character invokes repulsion and aims to get the reader pissed off. It's a typical good vs evil confrontation with no real depth or any shades of gray.

yup that's exactly what's most annoying about him - predictability

Yeah. I was wondering for a second if you knew what you were reading. 

Thank you so much for the scans. Midosuji is a really well written character. Can't wait for the next vol.

Cheap villain?  Not really, this is the guy that planned everything, used everything, schemed everything, have foresight and have the skills to be on par with the other team's aces without someone paired up with him.  He'd be called OP if he was MC bringing some no name school to national prestige and had a better face+personality.  He might be twisted, but he's not cheap or outright evil (ie. by planning an accident).  Hell, he went and own the "grossness" and made it his own when others would've given up and gotten a complex.

Pfffffft, such a cheap villain. I mean, really? It's like the author wasn't even trying.

Inb4 a childhood trauma flashback and some ugly tears.

Cheap villain?  Not really, this is the guy that planned everything, used everything, schemed everything, have foresight and have the skills to be on par with the other team's aces without someone paired up with him.  He'd be called OP if he was MC bringing some no name school to national prestige and had a better face+personality.  He might be twisted, but he's not cheap or outright evil (ie. by planning an accident).  Hell, he went and own the "grossness" and made it his own when others would've given up and gotten a complex.

I want to see Midousuji lose. So satisfying

Pfffffft, such a cheap villain. I mean, really? It's like the author wasn't even trying.

Well at least he's good. His sprint can match the highschool's best and his climb can match Onoda, how about the others that claim themselves as ace...?

thanks for the release <3 and ooooh finally its shinkai's turn, i've been curious about his style of sprinting ever since i've seen him :D

and that backstory of shinkai... ._.

and now such a cliffhanger, i'm hoping to see shinkai's win, but i've got the feeling midousuji will somehow beats shinkai :v

also which reminds me, they usually tell the characters backstory, i wonder when will they tell midousuji, in which might makes us sympathize with him or something ._.

Could someone kill that asshole already...? You all know which one...

dat cliffhanger

both demons released their restraints, the goals is right in front of them, and both outcomes will create an interesting effect on others.

Spoiler

dat cliffhanger

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics